Upload it. I wanna play.

Perhaps in future.

Now when I have more time, I'll put more content to it later (at least freeplay mode and story) ... or not if I'll be busy. =P

At this moment I don't feel like uploading it, since it's not in the state I'd like to upload. (In fact it is playable and even beatable (even with credits! =O), but it looks kinda empty in general)

For now I consider that project as suspended.

At least I fixed the issue, so I feel better and worse at the same time. =P

But still I have enough of RMing for now.

Sorry for double posting, but actually .. I'll post the game, because I don't think I'll add these features anytime soon ~ I'll take a break from RMing, because I had enough today.

I don't want to completely waste my hard work and some of you were/are curious, so here it goes.

FROZEN DREAM DOWNLOAD LINK

Screenshots:

TITLE SCREEN

NJxh27I.png

MAP

lQQXMCE.png

UPGRADE WINDOW

2aF9ZZt.png

GAMEPLAY

gVdOvd7.png

BATTLE SYSTEM!

Rau1RUw.png

Features:

- NO STORY! Who needs that?! . . . Okay, it needs to be added, I have an idea, but had no time.

- 99.9% custom scripts, the gameplay is written from scratch, no base scripts used! (Besides map scene for ~1 second in the entire game)

- 100% custom graphics! RTP / FREELY AVAILABLE RESOURCES FREE

- 100% custom Sound Effects! 8-bit farts and explosions made by mah! RIP headphone users. =3

- music is not made by me.

- UNIQUE (as for RM) GAMEPLAY! =3

- Semi-random stage generator

- My own simple (and not very clever) battle system!

- User friendly and simple menus!

- Permament upgrades! You died? Who cares! Next try will be easier! Get your revenge! #GETSHREKT

- Silly graphics / gameplay in 'kinda advanced 8-bit' style! =3

- No broken compression tool anymore! Finally I managed to upload this as I wanted. .. And apparently it's a feature from now!

TIPS:

- The game autosaves each time you'll enter the 'map'.

- I don't think it's possible to beat the game in the first try, so no worries on that, keep trying, upgrades are kept.

- In battle, keep pressing both, 'Z' and 'SPACE'. It's easier and more effective.

- You can control movement with both, Arrow keys and WSAD ~ to make everything comfortable

- The obstacles are semi-randomly generated- that means, that some items may be stuck in an obstacle. Also if you're really unlucky, you might get two logs near each other in very convenient positions, that may be impossible to dodge. However, I programmed some 'presets', so sometimes placement will be neat and recognizable. (I had no time for programming more, so I added randomness)

credits:

PRODUCED BY
               RIKIFIVE

GRAPHICS
                RIKIFIVE

MUSIC
             ERIC SKIFF

SOUND
                RIKIFIVE

SCRIPTING
       RIKIFIVE - GAMEPLAY
                         MENUS
                         SYSTEMS
                         CONFIGURATION
FENIXFYREX - FYXINPUT  
      MITHRAN - TEXT CACHE

DEVELOPER TOOLS
             HIME - DATA BACKUP

Oh, ok. I saw the names scored out/highlighted, but never saw the links connected to them. Sorry~

I also missed Jackus' post on page 15 about doing this, so ignore my previous message.

EDIT

I can't download Eien Nanashi's entry due to a "Malicious malware" problem.

EDIT2

Can't play Jax's game either. It gave me an error saying the font wasn't found. Fixed that.

Now I'm getting an error saying his title screen image is missing.

post-50643-0-28367500-1449663663_thumb.png

Edited by Takeo212

I've finished Holiday Rift and wrote my opinion.

So far I can't play Jax's or Eien's.

I'll move onto the other 2 soon~ Taking a break from Jacob's since I spent like 30-45 mins on it xD

EDIT

Riki, is your game counted into the contest or was it not submitted on it?

I'l be playing yours later either way ;P

Edited by Takeo212

EDIT

No it's not, because I've posted it late. There was a workaround and I can't believe I missed that. Some people demanded seeing my project, so I've posted it, to not keep them curious and not look like 'rage-quit-man'. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's not that bad I was late ~ I don't care about the prizes (okay maybe about the forum award a little =3 XD), but the main prize I'd probably give away to somebody or donate for the next contest or something like that ~ I doubt I'd use this. My games are too awesome to be posted as an entry, because others wouldn't have any chances, so world decided to prevent me from posting this. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Though it's sad, that it broke just near the end. I'd understand if that would broke 2 or 3 days before the deadline ~ not to waste all of my work at the end. =P

~That feeling ~ YAY I'm done! Upload!! YAY! This time I'm in time!

LOL NOPE! *breaks Launcher and Windows*

Noooooooo! ='(

WtvmtpT.png

Also I think I forgot to remove 'Data Backup' Script. *ups!* Hope nothing will broke! ( Í¡áµ” ͜ʖ Í¡áµ” )

Huh, nobody else had that problem...

My game is so bad your computer doesn't want it :P

Can't play Jax's game either. It gave me an error saying the font wasn't found. Fixed that.

Now I'm getting an error saying his title screen image is missing.

You can open Game.ini and add on a new line under [Game]:

RTP=RPGVXAce

Then it'll run.

@Eien: I'll try redownloading it later, dont worry :P I dont believe it's a bad file - but my PC doesn't give me an "ignore and download" option for it, so I'm trying to get it to download.

@Jax: I got yours to work actually, but thing is: I chose female first (coz, y'know, I am) but I got a loop error so couldn't play it.

I restarted and played as a male - and the loop wasn't there, so yea. I also broke your variable clock - oopsies.

@Riki: D'aww. Well, I'l play the heck out of it once the scoring is done >=D muahahaha

Ya i am going to edit the OP

You cannot edit your game now as it's against the rules. That's also why my game will be not judged at all. At least you've posted a broken game, not nothing. =P

Sorry if it will sound bad or annoying but, ~

Basically, when there's a missing file or something, the judges shouldn't try to fix that by themselves, but just count that game as unplayable and follow the rule - that if there's a game breaking bug at the beginning, then it will be disqualified.

this issue with my game is i was on the move and only had 3 days

In my case, not my fault, but an antivirus ruined everything (what can be worse, than breaking a completed project, that was about to be posted? =P)(at least fixed the issue, so my games are now safe), but still rules are rules.

Updating the game will disqualify you according to these rules.

Yeah, as long as you'll not update the game itself you should be fine.

WtvmtpT.png

... but when I think of that ~ if the game breaks right after the beginning, they could allow you to fix what's broken, at least once. It's just a game in a week, so things may be not perfect/break. Wasting the whole work, because there's broken event or something somewhere would be sad... There's no many games to judge anyway.

I've finished Holiday Rift and wrote my opinion.

So far I can't play Jax's or Eien's.

I'll move onto the other 2 soon~ Taking a break from Jacob's since I spent like 30-45 mins on it xD

EDIT

Where do you plan on posting these? :)

Once I write out my scoring and such, I'll PM it to jackus (assuming that's what I do, though I'm unsure).

Once the judging is over, I can give out my feedback publically :) 

I dont want to say it now since it's based around the scoring system - and I don't want to give that away yet~

[Not necessarily important note]

Also I forgot to add - You can pause my game by pressing 'ESC'. It's not a big deal, but probably will save me from some hate comments. =3 =3 =3

No worries, I'm too pro to not implement pause. =3 . . . And too pro to post this game in time. xD Yeah! That was on purpose! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[/Not necessarily important note]

EDIT

I'm not sure whether you've solved this or not, but I believe that may be a "false alarm" as many antivirus software are prone to do. You may have experienced this through a different antivirus, but both Eien Nanashi and Maki13's games were flagged by windows when I downloaded them, but as far as I can tell are simply RPGMaker compression files, that worked as normal for me. What most likely "tipped off" Windows had nothing to do with the contents of the file, but simply the fact that it was an unpacked .exe file downloaded from the net (More specifically, it probably noticed they were from Mediafire and Mega, which are to some degree considered "piracy" sites by common antiviruses, but that's a different story). If you are legitimately feeling unsafe because of the malware warning, then by no means do you have to run it. Just from my knowledge of antivirus software and experience I personally wasn't worried. That's my two cents. I just wanted to make sure that everyone's game got a fair chance to be played.