These compressed files are uncommon for antivirus, so it automatically suspects a malware. Starting from difficulties with downloading, to additional automatic scanning before un-compressing. That's what Avast does at least. AND apparently this *shiny beloved software* blocked that kind of files (RM compressed games) completely without informing me, thus preventing me even from operating with MY OWN GAMES (I created a malware! (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ Ì¿) #PROSELF-HACKER) , that resulted in being disqualified from this contest.

Also, that's why I hate downloading games in that compression - I prefer packed folder in a rar. (Yes, I had troubles with installing RM games before - from multiple invisible tasks opened in 'Task Manager', to being unable to move/delete this file without restarting PC)

I highly doubt contestants would put a virus in their games ~ the antiviruses just don't trust these kind of files, because they're uncommon.

Don't disqualify these games, because it's not the developer's fault. I think one broken project by funny antivirus is enough.

(From now, I need to disable antivirus each time when I'll be about to deal with the compressed games - as well installing others' games as un-compressing my own - otherwise, my Task Manager will be filled with invisible tasks, which may result in frozen desktop. (Happened 4 or 5 times, when I was about to upload my entry ~ I had to restart my Windows multiple times, hence my temporary frustration. =P))

EDIT

I can't download Eien Nanashi's entry due to a "Malicious malware" problem.

I'm not sure whether you've solved this or not, but I believe that may be a "false alarm" as many antivirus software are prone to do. You may have experienced this through a different antivirus, but both Eien Nanashi and Maki13's games were flagged by windows when I downloaded them, but as far as I can tell are simply RPGMaker compression files, that worked as normal for me. What most likely "tipped off" Windows had nothing to do with the contents of the file, but simply the fact that it was an unpacked .exe file downloaded from the net (More specifically, it probably noticed they were from Mediafire and Mega, which are to some degree considered "piracy" sites by common antiviruses, but that's a different story). If you are legitimately feeling unsafe because of the malware warning, then by no means do you have to run it. Just from my knowledge of antivirus software and experience I personally wasn't worried. That's my two cents. I just wanted to make sure that everyone's game got a fair chance to be played.

I haven't solved it yet - but I do trust them to be safe. My Antivirus has been acting up for the past few weeks actually - so I'm trying to get a work around to get tit downloaded.

Eien's is the only game I haven't played actually because of this problem. I hope to try fix it ASAP!

I remember saying I was free to judge since I pulled out of the game developing (I swear, next one, I am 100% entering. busy or not), but only if needed. They're already plenty of judges though, so I dont mind if you forgot xD

If you already have everything done though, then I dont mind :D I can't play Eiens anyway, and I am still playing one of the other entries.

Just leave me out as a judge ;) I can just leave my comments on peoples games on request if they want~

Hey! I made a new game in about a minute!

Features:

- clever gameplay

- playable in browser

- helpful gameplay

Screenshots:

You'll see. ^^

Download:

"What Was In The Past?" download link

Also, I think somebody is going to drop an RTP bomb on me for not posting my game. Ouh.. =/

I remember saying I was free to judge since I pulled out of the game developing (I swear, next one, I am 100% entering. busy or not), but only if needed. They're already plenty of judges though, so I dont mind if you forgot xD

If you already have everything done though, then I dont mind :D I can't play Eiens anyway, and I am still playing one of the other entries.

Just leave me out as a judge ;) I can just leave my comments on peoples games on request if they want~

No it's fine I just forgot to add you to the PM conversation with judging details.

Do you want me to add you?

@Riki: Dang, you got me. I thought it was some weird, MV-not-MV game since it was in a browser xD

Thankies~

@Jackus: I can send you have I have "scoring" wise. Not sure if it's done correctly, but I made notes and such.

If it's enough to go on, then yes? If I wrote it out wrong, then it's coolzies? 

@Jackus: I can send you have I have "scoring" wise. Not sure if it's done correctly, but I made notes and such.

If it's enough to go on, then yes? If I wrote it out wrong, then it's coolzies? 

Well, like I said, instructions are in the PM conversation.

Send me what you've got and i'll see what's what.

I helped Jackus work out the results, and he's putting them up very soon. Get hyped!

There's no pizza emoticon so... here's... the first image that comes up when I search "pizza" on Google Images.

pizza-pepperoni-w857h456.jpg

Tasty!

Edited by Eien Nanashi

And here we are!

1st Place, with 50/70 points, JacobM!
In 2nd place, with 42/70 - Tuckie!
And coming 3rd, with 26/70,  Eien Nanashi!
4th - Maki13. 12/70
5th thejaxinator - -5/70

Well done to everyone who participated!
Forum award badges will be distributed.. soon.

The prizes..

Here's the current plan:

1st = You get GameGuru plus a load of DLC!
2nd = Rural Farm Tiles DLC for RPG Maker VX Ace
3rd = Eien decided to just take the medal and make my life easier. :)

And off course the forum awards:
1AlzM1o.png 1st place (Golden Joystick)
5Ff0BNc.png 2nd place (Silver Joystick)
4NjNsSy.png 3rd place (Poopy Bronze Joystick)

The prize will be a Steam key(s). You can do whatever you want with it, give it to someone else, trade it or delete it.

Oh wow! I was not expecting this! Congrats everyone! Tuckie shoulda taken this one though, your game was awesome! This was fun, can't wait till the next one.

Well I hardly at all followed the theme, however, so it makes sense to me. What I'm mostly glad about is the fact that I've never actually released a game I've made, so this is the first time at all people have played something I've done. I'm glad you liked it though.I thought this whole experience was really nice, to challenge myself, but also track and enjoy what everyone else accomplished.

Will we be able to see more in-depth reviews on our games? I'd like to know how the points were distributed in each category, or if there is any written feedback alongside the score?

Also, is it okay for me to make my game it's own forum thread, in the released games section, or should it just stay here? I haven't really had experience submitting to that section.

Also, is it okay for me to make my game it's own forum thread, in the released games section, or should it just stay here? I haven't really had experience submitting to that section.

It is absolutely okay. From now it's like a normal game, so you can improve it, post anywhere you want etc..

@Everybody Okay that was fun, now give back my joysticks!    Ì¿Ì¿ Ì¿Ì¿ Ì¿Ì¿ Ì¿'Ì¿'\̵͇̿̿\з= (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ Ì¿) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ Ì¿ Ì¿Ì¿ Ì¿Ì¿ Ì¿Ì¿

JK! ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

Oh wow! I was not expecting this! Congrats everyone! Tuckie shoulda taken this one though, your game was awesome! This was fun, can't wait till the next one.

Well I hardly at all followed the theme, however, so it makes sense to me. What I'm mostly glad about is the fact that I've never actually released a game I've made, so this is the first time at all people have played something I've done. I'm glad you liked it though.I thought this whole experience was really nice, to challenge myself, but also track and enjoy what everyone else accomplished.

Will we be able to see more in-depth reviews on our games? I'd like to know how the points were distributed in each category, or if there is any written feedback alongside the score?

If you want them, I can give you the score breakdowns (In each category) and if you ask a judge, they can decide whether or not to give you their feedback (Their choice not mine.)

Feel free to make a thread. What you do with the game after the contest is none of my business :P Do whatever you want, it's your game after all.