Personally I'd like it being simple - able to use any publicly accessed resources, since anyone can access them.

I think that makes sense; technically, the time spent browsing the net for resources would take away from development time for other aspects, essentially balancing it out.

It wouldn't balance out though, not really. Scripting, say, a battle system could take weeks but I could find one online in a matter of minutes. Spriting something could take a slowpoke like myself hours but I can access a near infinite supply of better quality resources again much faster. My real concern is more about what is done before the contest time though; as you said yourself in a later post, sourcing these things doesn't provide a datestamp.

Its not a big deal; its supposed to be a bit of fun and I get that. When it comes to a 'competition' though I guess I'd just like things to be as fair as possible.

Edited by Tarq

The point of the challenge here si to make everything within the given week.

If someone goes off and makes all their resources ahead of time, then that sucks. It's against the rules.

I understand scripting can takes weeks, and that doesn't actually rely on a theme, but everything else should be made within that week.

I personally aren't to fond of people taking resources online - but that isn't my call.

(I was gonna use RTP, but make edits myself over the week~)

It's up to the developer to follow the rules or not - so yea.

I'm pretty biased though to be honest - the prizes don't suit me, so even if I somehow won, I would give up my prizes to the next winner since I don't use GameGuru.

EDIT

Jackus, I also realised. You wrote that the scoring would be done in 4 stages.

You've listed 3! Is there a secret category we're being judged on!? Oooo mystery~

Edited by Takeo212

As for me - it would be funny and challenging to create a game within a week, but with only RTP + resources/scripts made by creator during that period.

It's a game in a week after all and it is supposed to be silly, not a proper game with tons of scripts, where the real challenge is 'how well do you know the resource sites and good script combinations and how fast you can combine them properly'.

I'll use perhaps up to 1 or 2 scripts I think ~ some fixes, resizing screen etc., and the rest will be totally silly made by me or not at all (default ones).

Like I did in the 'Indie in a Week' (the first one) - I'll probably make my own custom graphics made in hurry so it will look silly, but at least mine. Though this time I'll make it even sillier, so it will not take so much time.

Perhaps I'll even make some 8 bit music (can't do anything else). Of course insanely horrible, due to my lack of composing skills, but it will be fun to make random noises rather than songs lol. Prepare your ears and buy another headphones, because stuff is going to explode. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It will be fun to do at least.

I don't care about the prizes either, I don't even know what GameGuru is, besides the fact it is a program for making games if I'm not mistaking.

Well, so good luck and have fun! ( Í¡áµ” ͜ʖ Í¡áµ” )

EDIT

Jackus, I also realised. You wrote that the scoring would be done in 4 stages.

You've listed 3! Is there a secret category we're being judged on!? Oooo mystery~

Yeah it's called the Theme xD

Aaaaalso i'd like to appeal for some more judges. Anyone can be a judge even a contestant (You just can't judge your own game). All you need to do is play some games and give em a score. Seems easy :P

Edited by Jackus

oh boy i can't wait where i live it starts at 1PM so i get the early start

To be honest, it won't be an early start. When it'll be 1PM in your area, it'll be the starting point for everyone - when it'll be 1:00 PM in your area, it'll be 11:00 PM (starting point) in my area; so in short words, everyone would be starting at the same time. :3

To be honest, it won't be an early start. When it'll be 1PM in your area, it'll be the starting point for everyone - when it'll be 1:00 PM in your area, it'll be 11:00 PM (starting point) in my area; so in short words, everyone would be starting at the same time. :3

Hah oh man, Timezones should be the theme.....

I know but it is early in the day so i can work longer before having to sleep Passing out

Are we waiting for the contest to start (11 am here) before we get to know the theme? I am ready to start making (yet another) game!!!!

I suppose we can go ahead and start? I wanted to wait for the theme to start thinking about what to do, but since the theme is apparently going to be flexible it doesn't matter too much? o;

We can't get started, yet.

It's still 2 hours and 5 minutes of its actual start. Wait until the theme gets released, THEN it will be considered the beginning of the contest.

Anyway, I wish all of you contestants good luck. Let me see what projects will you make for me to play and review.

Edited by Sky Usanin

I see Jax's point. If it's 1PM for him, it could be 1am for someone else meaning they had to go sleep xD. But that will balance out at he end of the week for the 1am-er~

If we're on time, it'll be 6PM for me when the time is released - and I have a 5am rise for work, so I hope it isn't too delayed.

I'd like to atleast flesh out an idea first before I go to bed :D