Remember Jackus stated that the start might be delayed. You can begin at 6PM GMT, but the theme itself might be delayed by a few hours.

Nah it's fine i'm here now. (Just in time lol)

Sorting out the new contestants and judges, then i'll prep for the announcement in.. *checks time* 14 Minutes, I better get a move on.

Edit: Announcement is ready to post as soon as my computer clock hits 18:00.

(Oh no I might double post ahhhhh lol jk)

Edited by Jackus

(Sorry if this turns out to be a double post, I didn't really think this through)

Aaaaaand we're off!

Assuming I don't press Ctrl+Enter and post this ten minutes early

You may now begin making your game, yay!

The contest will end a week from now, be sure to upload your game and link it in this topic before then. Feel free to make a topic for your game and link it here as long as it's in this topic somewhere.

Entries for new contestants are now closed because people entering while it's underway could be crazy. Judge entries are still open.

The theme!

The theme for the contest is on one word, 'Holiday'. This can be interpreted anyway you would like, clever ideas get more points while simple ones get less. Feel free to include a document outlining how you used this theme.

Good luck to all contestants! May you have a productive week! ;)

Yay~ I can finally get started. I was so eager to map with cute retro tiles I am using. @w@

Holiday... Doesn't seems like it's difficult to include it in my game, may be as a dialogue or something - it'll work, I guess?

Anyway, good luck to all contestants and I look forward to all of the awesome games~

Edited by Crescent

*was creating a complex mercenary academy like game thinking she could adjust the "objective and goal" to suit theme". Nope*

xD

goodluck everyone - shoulda known it would be holiday themed!

Now to bust some keybouard buttons and get this project started! :D

Good luck all... Does it have to be a winter holiday? Or could i use, say, Ramadan? Sorry to make this complicated, but I could have a million ideas depending on nuanced variables.

All i'm saying is the word 'Holiday'. Anything to do with Holiday in any form will be okay. How you interpret the word is up to you.

dammit i double posted

Okay it's not a double post, but I posted the exact same thing I said earlier. Lemme say something different.

Pizza.

Uhh... Good luck, everybody!(?) Ganbatte, minnasan!(??)

-checks OP-

Ah, you updated it.

...I think it shouldn't be in a spoiler though...

Edited by Eien Nanashi

It was supposed to be an extra unique and hardcore theme! ( ͡°ᗝ ͡°)

GET SHREKT EVERYBODY!  Ì¿Ì¿ Ì¿Ì¿ Ì¿Ì¿ Ì¿'Ì¿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( â–€ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ Ì¿ Ì¿Ì¿ Ì¿Ì¿ Ì¿Ì¿

Good luck everybody! =3

Holiday... Holiday... Hol-Y BALLS! That's how I interpret this word... Bonus points for mah! =3 JK!

Best of luck to everyone! ^^ I always love watching the mad dash and progressively more frantic updates as the deadline looms closer, ahahahha ;) I would judge but I have negative amounts of time, so :P

Looking forward to seeing your updates though. c;

Best of luck to everyone! ^^ I always love watching the mad dash and progressively more frantic updates as the deadline looms closer, ahahahha ;) I would judge but I have negative amounts of time, so :P

Looking forward to seeing your updates though. c;

Haha, that sounded pretty evil there, Tsarmina. XD

Good luck everyone! May the best game wins!

Bleh, I know! MV has some issues that I don't like. I really like a lot of other aspects but some make me want to just keep working with Ace, and I probably will for a few months while they bang out the kinks.

Has anyone finished their project yet? lol. gotta be someone who has one up in a day or two...I have a character, an Idea, and (most of) a map.

I love that the theme "Holiday" is so loose. I am personally sick of Christmas. I was thinking of doing a game about Saturnalia, but... lots of reasons.

Yeah, the theme is so unassuming that I had trouble coming up with anything modestly witty or interesting. Haste and coherency seem to be the name of this game though Nya; get it started and then get it finished :3

Anyway, here is the map of the main village in my game - just to give you all an idea how my game will look like.

(big thanks to LordSquirrel for his awesome and creative ideas!)

j5Zuurk.png

I was planning a different battlesystem, but now I've decided to stay with a simple sideview one, no previews yet though.

I spent most of the day coming up with a story and incorporating twists for the theme, but I did decide to stick to RTP with minor edits, I even named the game RTP. 

Untitled-1_zpstp80icbd.png

Edited by JesseO

Had a nice start with the project, I am satisfied with my overall progress today - it's going fine as expected. Slow, but well. :)

Still didn't included the theme but I have planned where to add it in~

JLNfuQY.png

Current progress: 25%

Days: 1/7

-Story & Plot: 100%

-Characters: 100%

-Dialogues: 25% or more

-Maps: 15%

-Database: 10%

-Graphics: 95%

-Audio: 100%

-Scripts: 50%