Indie in a Week 2!

Wahey! it's back. Now it's all over again. Til the next time!

Results:

1st Place, with 50/70 points, JacobM!
In 2nd place, with 42/70 - Tuckie!
And coming 3rd, with 26/70,  Eien Nanashi!
4th - Maki13. 12/70
5th thejaxinator - -5/70

News:

(Sorry if this turns out to be a double post, I didn't really think this through)

Aaaaaand we're off!

Assuming I don't press Ctrl+Enter and post this ten minutes early

You may now begin making your game, yay!

The contest will end a week from now, be sure to upload your game and link it in this topic before then. Feel free to make a topic for your game and link it here as long as it's in this topic somewhere.

Entries for new contestants are now closed because people entering while it's underway could be crazy. Judge entries are still open.

The theme!

The theme for the contest is on one word, 'Holiday'. This can be interpreted anyway you would like, clever ideas get more points while simple ones get less. Feel free to include a document outlining how you used this theme.

Good luck to all contestants! May you have a productive week! ;)

Note to all:
The accurate date and time of the game making period can be found here.
Please get familiar with it to avoid confusion. (=

-------------------------------------

Rikifive made some great forum awards:

1AlzM1o.png 1st place (Golden Joystick)

5Ff0BNc.png 2nd place (Silver Joystick)

4NjNsSy.png 3rd place (Poopy Bronze Joystick)

---------------------------------------

Hello everyone! Remember Indie in a Week? Well at long last, the sequel is finally here! Get your RPG Maker's ready, it's time to make some games ;)

Here's the lowdown:

Prizes:

Any donations for prizes will be accepted. These don't have to be in the form of a Steam Key, any giftable Software, Game or DLC will do. Send all inquiries to me by PM.

Current Prizes:

• Rural Farm Tiles (Steam Key)
  • Gameguru (Steam Key)
  • GameGuru Death Valley Pack DLC (Steam Key)
  • GameGuru Buildings Pack DLC (Steam Key)
  • GameGuru Fantasy Pack DLC (Steam Key)
  • GameGuru Mega Pack 2 DLC (Steam Key)
  • GameGuru Mega Pack 3 DLC (Steam Key)

Prizes in Purple need RPG Maker VX Ace on Steam to redeem, prizes in Green need GameGuru on Steam to redeem.
The distribution of prizes has not been decicided yet.

ADDING MORE PRIZES SOON, swamped with things to do atm, hold on.

Additionally, if anyone can make some forum award images, that would be great ;)

Rikifive made some great forum awards:

DRBnq9y.png 1st place (Golden Joystick)

5Ff0BNc.png 2nd place (Silver Joystick)

FbO1MJu.png 3rd place (Poopy Bronze Joystick)

Contestants:

You may sign up anytime between now and 30th November 2015 at 6PM GMT.

Current Contestants:

• Argotz
  • LordSquirrel
  • Takeo212
  • Rikifive
  • thejaxinator
  • philteredkhaos
  • hiromu656
  • magic2345
  • JacobM
  • markA
  • HeckHound
  • Crescent
  • Glasses
  • Nyapurgisnacht
  • JesseO
  • Eien Nanashi
  • philteredkhaos
  • Tarq
  • Maki13
  • Tuckie
  • Thebigzumawinz

Times:

All times are at 6PM GMT. Find out what that is in your area here -> https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=6PM+GMT

Whenever this topic gets posted - 30th November = Sign up period.
1st December - 8th December = Game Making time
8th December - 30th December = Judging
1st January 2016 = Results are announced.

The judging may finish early. In this case, the results will be announced early. Keep an eye on this thread for details.

Judging:

Your games will be judged by voluntery judges. I'm accepting anyone. You will not be able to judge your own game and any bias will be found out. If possible, please state your reasons for scoring.

Current Judges:

Scoring:

Your game will be judged in 4 categories (Yes, I stole them from the IGMC, I couldn't think up any unique ones.

Presentation
How your game presents itself from a non-mechanic perspective. Things included in this will include writing, art, story, music. This will focus mostly on things that the player does not directly interact with.

Gameplay
How your game plays. This will include the mechanics of your game, and all other interactions the player can directly have with the game. This can include some aspects of story and plot, if the player has a way to control the way it progresses.

Engagement
How well does your game grip the player? This will cover a lot of the intangibles of the game. How does it all fit together? How interested are we in continuing to the end? This is determined based on fun and engrossing factors.

For this contest, there will also be a twist. This twist will be announced when you begin making. This is to stop early starting, and because some people need a guide to work with.

You will be judged out of 20 in each of the three categories. You will then lose or gain 10 points based on how well your game fits the theme.
Feel free to include a document with your game that explains your use of the theme.

Your game can be made in any engine, in any way, as long as it is playable on either Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 be it through an app or a web browser (Not a virtual machine :P)

Please note the following:

• All ties in score are decided by public vote.
  • If your game breaks from a glitch or bug within 10 Minutes of gameplay,  you will be disqualified.
  • When you enter, your username will be recorded. You will be called by this username throughout the contest, even if you change your forum display name.

Currently:

• Seeking Participants.
  • Seeking Judges.
  • Accepting Prize donations.
  • Accepting Forum award icons.
  • Making games ;)

Feel free to reply or leave a PM if you wish to enter as a contestant, judge, or enter a prize or forum award icon.

And finally, good luck and have fun!~ :)

I have no clue if I'm working during the game making period, but I really want to enter this time around.

Count me in Jackus, I wanna take part~

Also, how big do the award icons have to be? I'm interested in giving this a go - even though my pixel skills suck.

No promises though.

I'll also see if I have any left over keys lying around, or anything I can offer to reel in participants!

Put me in as well. We can use MV, correct?

Added you. Yeah, any maker, any engine. Even something like Game Maker is allowed.

Ninja Edit!

I have no clue if I'm working during the game making period, but I really want to enter this time around.

Count me in Jackus, I wanna take part~

Also, how big do the award icons have to be? I'm interested in giving this a go - even though my pixel skills suck.

No promises though.

I'll also see if I have any left over keys lying around, or anything I can offer to reel in participants!

Added you~

Award icons should be 24x24. You can see examples here -> http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/index.php?app=awards

1) SIGN ME IN! This time I'll not fail! At least try XD

2) I can (try to) make award icons, but first I need a confirmation from admins, that they agree on awarding members with these. (to avoid wasted work =3)

3) HOLY BALLS ! That will be fun!

4) Profit

1) SIGN ME IN! This time I'll not fail! At least try XD

2) I can (try to) make award icons, but first I need a confirmation from admins, that they agree on awarding members with these. (to avoid wasted work =3)

3) HOLY BALLS ! That will be fun!

4) Profit

1) Okay, adding you now.

2) I asked kaz a while back, it's all okay :)

3) Yayyyyyyyyyy~

4) Profit

*throws reins at Riki*

I already gave up. I can't draw anything in such a small canvas with only pixels! I need my smooth lines and big canvases!

This is the part I spent the next few weeks NOT being able to think of a stupid plotline for a short game.

I'm debating about postponing my current short game so i can use it for this, or make up a new one...

Hmm, choices...

I know exactly what you mean, Takeo XD I can't think of short plotlines so these kinds of events I can never do. But I always love it when I see indie in a week and I'm excited to see what people are going to do this time c:

Indie In A Week........I remember the horror of my awful first game.........................I Have Gotten Better....Sign Me Up!!!

Alright, i'm expecting something good ;)

gggrrrreeeeaaaaatttttt............................................................hmm 6:00PM Thats 1:00 For Me I Can get More work done!

Nice to see you're doing this again :3 As much as I said I wanna do it the next time you have a contest, I won't have time... :(

Oh well, I shall spectate and observe what everyone comes up :) It was a little mixed with the first one, but I'll bet everyone can be prepared this time xD

Nice to see you're doing this again :3 As much as I said I wanna do it the next time you have a contest, I won't have time... :(

Oh well, I shall spectate and observe what everyone comes up :) It was a little mixed with the first one, but I'll bet everyone can be prepared this time xD

Nooooooooooooo! :o

I gave everyone plenty of planning time this time around, it was rushed last time.

Remember everyone you can't start your game yet. Feel free to plan, but keep in mind there is a twist ;)

You will be judged out of 20 in each of the four categories. You will then lose or gain 10 points based on how well your game fits the theme.

Just to confirm, do you mean the Indie in a Week theme, or the overall games theme?

If it's the former, what is the theme?

@Tsarmina: I know it's horrible! Haha, I'll steal inspiration from your avatar - or maybe just lurk in your Lab. Your characters are pretty neat so I can steal gain some inspiration from them :D

You will be judged out of 20 in each of the four categories. You will then lose or gain 10 points based on how well your game fits the theme.

Just to confirm, do you mean the Indie in a Week theme, or the overall games theme?

If it's the former, what is the theme?

The Indie in a Week theme.

That's the twiiiissst.

When you are ready to begin, I will choose a theme for you to follow. You will lose or gain up to 10 points on how you keep to it.

Don't worry, it's a very open theme, which can be interpreted in many ways. Clever use of the theme will give more points.

This is mainly to stop people from starting before the 1st of December.

Ahhh, I thought the twist was theme based. Dang it, now I have to do a last minute story! xD

Just don't give me Sci-Fi. I'll cry if I get Sci-Fi.

That's pretty cool then~ I better start thinking of plots for every possible situation JUST incase xD

Nah, that won't happen... 

That's cool then~ Time to make a calendar note for the first :D

1) I also have problems with designing short stories and plots, but . . . hmm... we'll see what happens

2) There will be a theme ~ Aw balls I have a tiny little silly idea for a theme for game, but I'm pretty sure it'll get shrekt by the theme requirement. Though it's nice, because it will maybe not prevent, but at least will make it more difficult to start a game earlier. Also the theme most likely will trash my idea for a minigame. Okay, I prepare some ideas and let's see which one I will have to follow.

3) forget about point 1 and point 2, because I'll go too ambitious again and will fail. XD

4) What would be nice is to get a totally uncommon theme, so that it would me more challenging and interesting ~ and would have more chances to prevent starting making games before the time successfully. =P

5) Everybody will get the same theme?

6) The Award icons (or at least their first versions) should be done tomorrow

7) profit ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ohhh, I was waiting for this!! Sign me up! :D

Please note the following:
  • All ties in score are decided by public vote.
  • If your game breaks from a glitch or bug within 10 Minutes of gameplay,  you will be disqualified.
  • When you enter, your username will be recorded. You will be called by this username throughout the contest, even if you change your forum display name.

Good call on that last one. XD

I was worried it would be confusing since it is close to the holidays and people would usually change their usernames and avatars.

I would like to join but i feel i'll just lose!

and i am in the middle of my game. I don't want to start over again another game

from scratch cause i might forget the plot of the game i currently working on, maybe next

time i will join.  :D  :D

Goodluck to the participants!!! Do your best!  :P  :P  :D  :D