Sign in to follow this  
PnFforever

Certain map restricting the use of items

So. There's this fangame I created. And one of the items included is a device that allow transportation to other areas. I wanted certain maps to restrict the use of the item. Is there any way to have any map to restrict the use of an item?

How does the item work? Does it call a Common Event? If so then all you need s a switch that is turned "on" on that map (and others like it) and turned "off" on all other maps. In the Common Event add a Conditional Branch that checks if the switch is "on". If it is display some message so the player knows the item is not working; if it is "off" - do the usual transportation.

How does the item work? Does it call a Common Event? If so then all you need s a switch that is turned "on" on that map (and others like it) and turned "off" on all other maps. In the Common Event add a Conditional Branch that checks if the switch is "on". If it is display some message so the player knows the item is not working; if it is "off" - do the usual transportation.

Allright. I'll try that

@Second Post:

It works! Thanks ^_^

Edited by Rikifive
Merged double post

Okay, it seems it is solved, so I have merged your posts and I'm closing this thread, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like to re-open this thread, just send me a PM. (=