Sign in to follow this  
Volton7557

Trouble with RTP

Hello! I have a trouble with installing RTP for RPG Maker VX Ace. When I try to do it, I get

a pop-up saying:

'Windows can't find the file "C:\Documents and Settings\Kuba\Pulpit\rtpvxace\Setup.exe".

Make sure the entered file name is correct and try again. To find the file, click the Start

button, and then click search.'

Does anyone know what to do? I tried downloading the RTP from a different website, but

it didn't work.

I appreciate your help in advance.

Where did you buy Ace, on Steam or through the website?

Have you tried reinstalling it?

I know certain sites can give you "official" RTP to help with this issue (you said you tried that though, where did you try it?)

I've never had this issue before, so I can't personally help but I can try offer ideas at least.

First I downloaded it from the official site, it didn't work. The other time I don't know, as my little brother was probably doing something filthy because he cleared the browser history from the last week. And, in Spring/Summer of this year, I had Ace and the RTP and there was no trouble.

As said before, RTP doesn't require Ace installed at all. That's a thing, that players should install first, when downloading a game without the RTP. (RTP comes automatically when you'll install Ace (at least when having it on Steam))

From the official site you mean that one?

May we see the content of the folder and stuff?

As said before, RTP doesn't require Ace installed at all. That's a thing, that players should install first, when downloading a game without the RTP. (RTP comes automatically when you'll install Ace (at least when having it on Steam))

From the official site you mean that one?

May we see the content of the folder and stuff?

Yeah, that one. Also there is one more thing to point out - the setup file deleted itself after I got the error pop-up. The files are as you see: https://imageshack.com/i/pbHBHSBEp

I was not using the Lite version so I don't know - do you really need that RTP? I mean, isn't that automatically installed along with RPG Maker Lite? Or is it throwing errors?

Well, I need RTP to play some of the games, so I really need that.

Hmm... the error says "Windows can't find the file "C:\Documents and Settings\Kuba\Pulpit\rtpvxace\Setup.exe" and on screenshot I can see, that you have that folder in a different directory "C:\Documents and Settings\Kuba\Pulpit\RPGVXAce_RTP\RTP100" - I know it will sound stupid (and that would be kinda stupid), but have you tried moving the installer somewhere else? For example run the installer from desktop or run it from directory, that Windows is asking for.

Try making a folder named "rtpvxace" on your desktop (Pulpit ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) and put the Setup.exe file there and then run it.

I know it sounds stupid, but from what I can see from the error message, the Windows is asking for this. I don't really remember how the installation process looked like.

Or it would be helpful to see the screenshots of each step of the installation configuration/process, so we could see the problem better.

Hmm... the error says "Windows can't find the file "C:\Documents and Settings\Kuba\Pulpit\rtpvxace\Setup.exe" and on screenshot I can see, that you have that folder in a different directory "C:\Documents and Settings\Kuba\Pulpit\RPGVXAce_RTP\RTP100" - I know it will sound stupid (and that would be kinda stupid), but have you tried moving the installer somewhere else? For example run the installer from desktop or run it from directory, that Windows is asking for.

Try making a folder named "rtpvxace" on your desktop (Pulpit ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) and put the Setup.exe file there and then run it.

I know it sounds stupid, but from what I can see from the error message, the Windows is asking for this. I don't really remember how the installation process looked like.

Or it would be helpful to see the screenshots of each step of the installation configuration/process, so we could see the problem better.

Tried it, still not working :(