Camtheman

Drawing Hardware?

~I wasn't sure where to put this but this seemed like the best place~

So I have been trying to create basic artwork for rpg maker (just to grasp how everything works and is created) but drawing with a mouse is awful. I'm not a good artist to begin with  :( .

Anyhow, i was wondering if anyone could suggest a good but cheap...drawing tablet? pen tablet? I'm not sure what the correct hardware would be but i want to be able to draw regularly and have that be transferred on-screen.

Along with that I have just a fun question. For you artists out there, what do you use to draw you're online art?

~I wasn't sure where to put this but this seemed like the best place~

So I have been trying to create basic artwork for rpg maker (just to grasp how everything works and is created) but drawing with a mouse is awful. I'm not a good artist to begin with  :( .

Anyhow, i was wondering if anyone could suggest a good but cheap...drawing tablet? pen tablet? I'm not sure what the correct hardware would be but i want to be able to draw regularly and have that be transferred on-screen.

Along with that I have just a fun question. For you artists out there, what do you use to draw you're online art?

ART!!! ART IS GOODDDD! =3

I only use my trusty mouse when i draw, So i don't have anything to recommend to you, But you can check this out if you want.  :D

http://www.thebestgraphicstablets.com/5-best-affordable-graphics-tablets/

"Along with that I have just a fun question. For you artists out there, what do you use to draw you're online art?"

I prefer to use MS paint(I don't know how to use Photoshop or GIMP, it's too complicated for me lol).

Online photo editor is good too if you want to enhance your drawings like the (Pixlr.com)

When i draw sprites.. I use Piskelapp.com It's beginner friendly and free so you should give it a try.  :D  :D

Edited by Chadzter01
  • Like 1

I only use my trusty mouse when i draw, So i don't have anything to recommend to you, But you can check this out if you want.  :D

I don't know how you do it with the mouse, i always manage to shake a little when making a long line  :wacko:

I checked out the site it helps , thank you very much  :)

I prefer to use MS paint(I don't know how to use Photoshop or GIMP, it's too complicated for me lol).

Online photo editor is good too if you want to enhance your drawings like the (Pixlr.com)

When i draw sprites.. I use Piskelapp.com It's beginner friendly and free so you should give it a try.   :D   :D

MS paint was what I originally used for most online art, but i was very much advocated gimp for rpg maker, so i figured i'd try and figure it out  :lol:

I checked out the piskelapp, and man that will help me astronomically! I kept wondering how others made such beautiful and well defined sprites and this app will definitely help me attempt the same  :D  Thank you I very much appreciate it.

• Like 1

Bamboo if you're just getting started.

I don't know how you do it with the mouse, i always manage to shake a little when making a long line  :wacko:

I checked out the site it helps , thank you very much  :)

When i draw sprites.. I use Piskelapp.com It's beginner friendly and free so you should give it a try.   :D   :D

MS paint was what I originally used for most online art, but i was very much advocated gimp for rpg maker, so i figured i'd try and figure it out  :lol:

I checked out the piskelapp, and man that will help me astronomically! I kept wondering how others made such beautiful and well defined sprites and this app will definitely help me attempt the same  :D  Thank you I very much appreciate it.

Don't mention it!  :D I'm so glad that it helped you!  :P

Bamboo if you're just getting started.

Your suggesting the Bamboo spark right? or the wacom bamboo pad?

If you really have a very low budget you can go with the Huion Tablets they are very cheap but works just fine.

But I suggest you go with Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch Medium or Small Size.

i found A good Huion tablet that seems perfect, thanks a bunch for the advice.

Btw I forgot to tell you, if you are getting a tablet make sure to get the one with a replaceable chord so if ever the chord breaks you dont have to replace the whole tablet. :)

Something like this one.

Edited by Dainiri.Art

I have Wacom Bamboo pen and tablet c: It was a long time ago, but I got it as a set with PSE8 and Corel PE 4, so it was a suuuper good deal. X3 If you can't get your hands on something like that, any tablet does well, I really love Bamboo. And as for programs, PS is great, but it's also pricey. You can also use Paint.NET, Gimp, Paint Tool SAI, or the early CS versions of Photoshop, which I heard you can get for free. \o/

I use a Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch Medium and I love it to death. I've heard that the small version, which is quite a bit cheaper, is just as good and still provides plenty of space to draw. You can also get an even cheaper version of it that doesn't have a touch surface, but the pen that comes with that one doesn't have an eraser on it, which is a big disadvantage. It's all up to you how much you want to spend, though. I have also heard good things about the Wacom Bamboo line, which is fairly affordable (~$70-80 USD on Amazon).

Other brands are cheaper, but I prefer to stick to Wacom because their products are high-quality and last a very long time. I had my last Wacom tablet (which I think was a Graphire 4) for nearly a decade, and I didn't get a new one because it broke, but because I just wanted an upgrade. Still, that doesn't mean Huion is bad, especially for a first tablet! If you're still unsure about what brand to go with, I found a Tumblr post and a thread that compare Wacom and Huion.

Also, I draw in Paint Tool SAI. It's by far the best art program I've used. As Tsarmina mentioned, you can now get Photoshop CS2 for free legally from Adobe's website, but it's a little too bulky for me, personally. Another neat free program is FireAlpaca - it's almost like a hybrid of Photoshop and SAI. It doesn't have enough features for me to use it as my primary art program, but it definitely gets the job done.

Edited by Whiona

maybe it's too late to answer. but i have some suggestions may helpful for other visitors.

I recently got A XPPen drawing pad connected to my computer  and use Krita free painting software.

Using a mouse is possible but it speeds up the process of getting carpal tunnel syndrome most likely.

There's also other free drawing programs like Gimp, Mypaint, Medibang Paint, and firealpaca.