EternalShadow

The Worst Game Dev Idea Possible

The basic idea is to take the "idea" of the person above you, and post your game development plan for such a game, then post your own "idea". The aim is to make your game development plan the worst possible.

For example, a game about space (taking the concept very loosely!) could be an educational game about how astronauts communicate between Space and Earth, consisting of nothing more than ensuring your ship's communication systems are well-maintained and that the signal is clear.

Well, then!

What's your idea for a game about robots?

The army has built giant robots to fight monsters in City X, but you are a salaryman in City Z. Your job is to deal with the damage reports and funds from the army caused destruction. You are sometimes able to catch a glance at two specks fighting in the sea between X and Z. All of this while trying to win the love of your life. At some point aliens join the fight in City X, and witches also appear. More paperwork for you!

What is your game idea about pirates?

A game that asks you to go on the internet to download illegal content . Once youdo,you get a victory message but what you downloaded is deleted bc piracy is bad.

What is your game idea about  a city builder

A game with an objective to build your own city, including managing governmental organizations, citizen taxes, economy inflation and deflation, infrastructures, human births dan deaths, market flow, et cetera, while ON A TIME LIMIT of 1 year in-game, which is mostly text, charts, and some city photos and designs rendered in scrawly 16-bit graphics, in deliberate monochrome. Don't worry, each managing skill that you're gonna use have their own tutorials during the story mode! ...Which can't be skipped. At all.

Also, the game over screen is the face of Karl Marx mocking you for being bad in managing the material world, rendered in glorious PS4-grade graphics.

What is your glorious game idea for a submarine-themed entertainment?

Edited by Maki13

A casual game where you play as a mother, regardless of level or playtime all you can do is, Fight laundry, dishes, naughty children, and lazy husband. Fight your way through divorce and dishes to financial freedom!

Well tripn didn't seem to read the rules so I guess I'll stick with submarines.

Welcome to your very own deep sea exploration game! We have painstakingly mapped out the entirety of the real world's soggy underbelly as accurately as possible and exactly to scale. See this fish! Now that fish! All the fish! Go so deep that its just dark and you bump into stuff! Ever seen rock formations? Ever seen them in the rain? Ever seen them trapped in some perpetual rain vortex? Didn't think so. Submarines!

Subs In Space DLC pending*

How would you make a game about eating marshmallows?

Edit: Boo Eternal's laserquick posting

Edited by SanTarq

Marshmellow clicker- like cookie clicker, but with a sleek, simple design! Now you can click up to a maximum of ten marshmallows (no more huge numbers!)! There's one upgrade, which does the game automatically for you for 6 of the marshmallows! Reach the high score of 10 faster than all your friends! (scores rounded up to the nearest second)

Milliseconds of enjoyment.

EDIT: Whoops forgot to add a new thing:

MAKE ME A GAME ABOUT...shooting innocent people

Edited by NPC

LMFAO this thread is about to get dark. This is my moment of truth, where I shall lay down the ultimate turd of supreme horribleness. My idea is a joke game I have thought about for years. As messed up as FO3 was you can't kill the kids. It is the only messed up thing the game won't let you do. So, a game about shooting innocent people and a result of that thing you can't do in FO3. Kid Killer. The whole game is just shooting up a schools, playgrounds, day cares, birthday parties, what have you. If that isn't terrible, I don't know what is.

How about a car combat game?

Edited by KaosChrist

Car Combat Simulator. You place two cars on a road and make them crash with each other. Actually, not as much crash as "pixels vanished into thin air", but still a crash, right? Also, the cars are rendered kinda like bricks and handles like a drunk guy riding a unicycle while doing trapeze stunts. Oh, and the game force closes every time you finished a simulation, because people might be bored, right?

Any idea about Santa Claus-themed game? (That doesn't involve gory bowling, please?)

Santa Viking Claus hunting whales in the Arctic Ocean. It is in fact an Action RPG hack n' slash christmas madness. Your first follower is Michael Bubble and he will sing the tutorial for you in a chilly smoothly christmas fashion. Your objetive is to survive the different waves of frenzy whales until the final Killer whale of each level. You reach the point where you are fighting HP Lovecraft's gods in a God of War boss fight style with a recurrent Hans Zimmer drama as background music.

For sure you can buy the DLC followers Jack Frost, Dora the Explorer or Christina Aguilera for just a ridiculous amount of money. Your currency is Christmas Presents, you use it to buy artillery and pretty skins in the store. For $9.99 you can buy them anyway and smash the little content the game brings with itself because any other piece of content you want a part from the initial 5 levels is in the store for just $9.99 each. 

The Merry Consumerism Christmas and the Sea may be the title but the game is in Alpha right now so.. Oh! oops, "we released it already" *they say and laugh hitting their knee*

And can you do a game about Zombies and Cookies? :D

Zombie & Cookie's Totally Radical Adventure!

Zombie and Cookie are two unlikely best friends who travel through space, time and that other thing in this six level long story-driven arcade platform with rpg elements. Supports Dance Mat controls only. Full Steam integration with 8-bit graphics for two-bit achievements.

Buy it or we eat yur brainzzzz!!1!1 0.0

I demand a game about cobblers, cobbling and general good cobbelry. Whether those last two are real words is irrelevant.

Edited by SanTarq

Follow the hard work of a cobbler. You get to take part in the longest day of his life, in a repetative game style with incredible features like, picking up a cobblestone and laying it down. As a matter of fact you'll get to lay down all 10,000 of them in order to complete the road. If you are lucky, you'll unlock the secret mission "taking a leak"! In said mission you are supposed to find a bathroom, can't wait to see if YOU will make it in time. ;)

So how would you make a game about hospitals?

Hospital Guessing Game!

Take lots on what problems patients have from the comfort of the front desk, and whether or not they will die. Take a break to flirt with that cute doctor or to get a coffee.

Hospital Guessing Game!

Take lots on what problems patients have from the comfort of the front desk, and whether or not they will die. Take a break to flirt with that cute doctor or to get a coffee.

You're missing an idea!

An FPS game where you are killing humans and you are also a bear.

I'll take this as being the idea.

The goal of the game is to conquer entire towns and cities, flinging people into the air and scaring others away, in first-person. When the military show up, you can attempt to take them on, or run away. Once the heat dies down, you can go back to what you were doing. Every X people you manage to take back to your lair, you gain a power-up. The game is won once all five towns have been conquered and the military has also been taken out.

Now, a hang-gliding game please?

Edited by EternalShadow

It's Yor: Hunter from the Future Bat Gliding for the Atari 2600!  You play as Yor hang-gliding from the rigormortized corpse of a giant bat through a cave system so that you can kill the purple cavemen keeping your woman captive to a beepy 8-bit version of "Yor's World".  Basically, an entire game based on this scene.

I would like to play a video game about taxidermy.

The game is about being a deer that was killed and turned into taxidermy and trying to get revenge on the hunter even though you're basically just a mounted head.

A game about playing a game please.

Ok, so in this game you are an abnormal human who plays Skyrim. The problem is that you must get to actually play the game, something that is not happening because the human can't stop installing mods. Your objetive then is to STOP INSTALLING MODS AND GET TO PLAY ALREADY. 

You have to go through various -mod installing panic attacks-. From multiple texture replacements to heavily scripted "immersive immersion" mods. The game is lost when the human sell his car to buy 2 Nvidia GTX TITAN X and a Marilyn Monroe waxwork replica.

Every night I dream of a game about being a Blizzard Entertainment's employee. 

Lucky you ,Blizzard will soon release pre-alpha version of its realeased titles. Play the games full of bugs and unfinished assets as if you were a Blizzard QA tester .

Community based ,you must file reports to help other people progress in the game while avoiding game-breaking bugs.

A game about Disney

You play as the CEO of disney and are attacked by all the princesses that were made to seem weak because why not be attacked by cute cartoon girls?

I want a game about math. Because why not.

Math Puzzles: Proving Fermat's Last Theorem for NDS!

The Deluxe Bundle includes fever pills, tranquilizers, and stopwatch, in case you're attempting to Time Attack manually.

Yup, I'm evil.

A hat-themed game, please?

Edited by Maki13

I remember that there's a game in Japan that has math in it. I forgot the title but its a game where when you are going to save a person from dying, the medics would ask you a math question (timed), and when you are not going to be able to solve it in time, the patient dies.

You are a hat maker. Every day there will be an amazing new hat for you to obtain through daily quests and boring interface choices, you will have to choose between making powerful hats for wizards and adventurers or craft the finest of high class hats for the excentric aristocracy of your fantastic city.

The game is an ode to grinding and farming so you log in every day in that mobile game of hats you love to punch critters and swing sticks in the air so you can make your ultra awesome hats. In fact, in the adventure mode you get to be the hat of the haterer wich must save the hat style of the hatering people of Hatrendos, wich is the most hatered city in hall Haterland. Every character you play is a hat wearing a hat and you can customize your hat by making a new hat for the hat or even getting a new hat for replacing your hatered hat.

In this farmville style of game you will spend the most glorious hours of your life in a game that gives you nothing but hats, the icons and windows are all hats and the characters and items are all hats, the font is made by a guy wearing a hat and all the developers do wear hats during breakfast. There is even an internal joke that says that Larry from human resources is mexican. Hilarious.

The only downside is that the game itself is not really about hats. It is about religious tolerance and racial aceptance in teenagers between 12 and 17 years old in the United Kingdom.

When I am alone in my house with my hat I dream of a game about the importance of scottish historians in the first half of the XX century. Oh please. (20th Century)

Edit: fixed lot of little errors haha, 4 am writing xd

Edited by eatorl

Ah the XX century. Now those were the days!

Produced by DoubleCrossEntertainment, play as a Scottish fellow who reads and writes for a living. Fortunately, you wont have to do any of that tedious stuff as the core gameplay will be dancing, 'cause why not? You'll buy it if its on a Steam sale. Like stats? We've got 'em! Improve that fancy footwork of yours by cleaning your lenses, wandering through Wiki, and the careful preservation of ancient tomes. But wait, there's more! Prevent the impending destruction of all mankind. Somehow. Dancing, probably. Yeah, that's good. Invoke your Beegee's buff, find and ready your Staff of Groove (+XX) and go to town on that nekogami or particularly sinister-looking Lego construct before all rhythm in the cosmos is extinguished!

I want a game about the many delights of juice. Apple and mango preferably.