Sign in to follow this  
snowyscales

Background sound problem

All the maps for this particular level of the building are all on the same map, as I find it much easier to create the rooms all together in the one map without having to flip back and forth through several separate maps.

My PC starts in a room with a fire, so  want to have the fire bgs playing, which is then removed when they go through the door, an added when they go back in.

I can get it to remove and add the bgs when going back and forth through the door - but if I have the bgs set to play from the start, either through the maps own background music setting, or having a bgs event setting it, then it won't remove the sound when going to the next room.

Does anybody know how I can get it to play the bgs from the start, and have it be removed on event?

Two thoughts...

If you want it to stop and begin again upon exiting and re-entering the room:

Add a switch, for example [fire room]. Create an Autorun event that turns [fire room == ON], and set the conditional branch: if switch [fire room] is ON, then it plays the fire BGS.

At the entrance to each room you can add a Player Touch event to switch it to [fire room == OFF], and you can add another on the other side to turn it back on. (don't forget to close your autorun event or else it may keep playing).

It would look something like this (my rooms look a bit awful): https://i.gyazo.com/6ee970c2ad506acb8f9dc74cd285520f.png

If you want it to stop permanently after entering a certain room, and not start playing again:

Put the BGS in the map as you usually would. Add an event in the room that, upon being touched, uses Fadeout BGS (in tab 2 of event commands).

Fadeout, holy heck fadeout, yes.  :D Thank you! That was exactly what I was needing and I'm about to slap myself in the face so hard that my skull explodes. This is exactly why all my friends make fun of my perception skills. Perception critical fail.