Sign in to follow this  
D.S.Sirius

Lip Syncing

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to modify TheoAllen's script for "showing an animation over a picture" to allow it to also show an animation over a portrait too?

My thinking was that it could be used to put lip syncing to a voice clip by doing it all in the animation.

The original script is here: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=NU3UjS8R

Many thanks!

Edit: Hi all,

The above is no longer required; I managed to get round the problem by displaying a picture in front over the character portrait and running and animation over that. Works like a charm! :D

I could still use a hand though if anyone else is able to help. It would be brilliant if a modification could be made to the script so that the animations can be looped.

The script is above.

Thanks very much!

Edited by 8mike8

Hmm i think to really sync lips of portraits vx ace isnt capable of.

But you could try a script which gives you animated faces its at least wort a try. :)

Yeah, that was going to be my second option. I think unfortunately that the animation just loops under that circumstance, but I will give it a try.

hmm it should be possible to get that done what you want but it would need some scripting.

but im sry i cant help with that i dont even have the time to work on my own project... :(

Haha I know the feeling! Well if there's any takers for just modifying the above script, I would be extremely appreciative!

Edit: Would it be simple for anyone to add a function to this script for the animation to loop?

That would be very useful! Many thanks!

Update: I've figured out a workaround for the displaying of pics over character portraits, so this isn't required anymore. If anyone could add a function to the script to allow animations to loop however, that would be extremely appreciated!

Many thanks :)

Edited by 8mike8