Petilil

Actor Damage Portraits

I'm looking for a script that (briefly) changes the actor's portrait whenever they're damaged. I've seen a few battle hud scripts include this, but not a standalone script.

I've also found a script that changes the actor portrait when they're low on HP, but that's not really what I'm looking for.

I'm currently using Yanfly's Battle Engine, if that helps.

The best I was able to find for this after a long time of trawling the Internet was Mog hunters battle hud ex script. IMO it's the best you'll find, but it will change the rest of the battle hud as a result. It's quite configurable though, so if you have the patience, you can make it work!

If you don't want the actor portrait to change when they're low on HP, just paste their default face over the sprite sheet slot meant for the low HP sprite.

Hope all this helps!

Edited by 8mike8

MOG has alot of easy to customise HUD's as well as add-on scripts to let you add to the battle system.

Battle HUD EX

The download on thr site is for all the different HUDs but there are previews for you to choose from and test them out to see if you like any of them.

The site is in Portuguese(?) so you may need to try google translate - but to be honest, the script contains the file names you need to copy over and thay are pretty much plug-and-play.

Honestly, if there really isn't anything else then I'm fine with using Battle Hud EX, even if the hud looks different. I'll try to make it work.

Thanks for the help, you guys! ^^

Oh. I thought you meant you wanted a battle HUD that doesn't affect anything in battle except the HUD itself.

All other battle HUD-y scripts I knew for ACE also change certain stuff in the battle setup.

Sorry for that Petilil >.<

It's the best you'll find that's still compatible with other scripts. I think I found one other script that did the same thing, but the actor damaged animation didn't work. Best bet is to stick with MOG's!