Sign in to follow this  
Raxi

Importing custom window skin?

Alright, so I've got my window skin all nice and pretty, and I want to try it out in my game. I can import it to my game's System folder, but what do I do with it from there to make my game use it instead of the default RTP skin? I can't quite figure that part out.

The window skin file is named "Window" and is located in the Graphics/System folder. Note that it contains other things than just the windows, such as the arrow graphics. :)

Just rename you custom file to "Window", open up RPG Maker VX Ace and press the "Resource Manager" icon in the top menu (it looks like three different colored boxes). Then go to "Graphics/System" and click "Import". Choose your custom file and you're done! It should replace the old file named "Window" and use your file instead. :)

Just dropping the file to the project's folder will work as well - you just need to put the same filename as the one in RTP, so the custom file in the project's folder will take priority. (=

9RWO0dm.pngThis thread is closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like to re-open this thread, just send me a PM. (=