Iam_Nowon

Too Many Switches

Is there a thing as trying to add in too many switches?  In the sense that the program starts to glitch and create problems?

I ask this, because I tried to do such a thing, and I kept getting errors that I had never seen before.  Of course it's most likely because I forgot that one little thing that ruined the entire event, but the errors didn't make sense.

I'm not going into long detail about what happened, but if RPG Maker VX Ace is known to glitch, it would make me feel better to know so.

Thank You

I don't think so. ACE can have 999 switches at most so unless you had all 999 on at the same time, I doubt much would happen.

Make sure your events that are switch related are done correctly. Make sure one switch doesn't interfere with other switches either.

Actually, you even could make switch more than 999 by doing script.

Just need a script call like

$game_switches[1000] = true / false

The problem is you couldn't use it from default RPG Maker editor

You need additional script to check event page condition for switch 1000 or more

Since you refuse to explain into detail, then it's all depends into the logic.

Anyway, the answer is yes. For example, you use switch 1 in map 1, and map 30. In map 30, there is no way you could get back to map 1, so it should not be problem.

Alright, so I haven't figured it out yet.  Taking a lesson from TheoAllen's remark, I will show you some screen shots of my scripting.  What I'm trying to do is get an NPC to walk towards the main actor in the middle of an event.  I'm trying to do so with a switch, but it isn't working.  I've tried many variations of what I'm posting here, but it's still not working.  What are your thoughts?  I appreciate your help.

The first image is the beginning of the main event.  The second is exactly where I put the walking switch.  The third is the switch's effect on the NPC event.

Need%20Help%201_zpslvb6p6vh.png

Need%20Help%202_zpsz9pzv4xe.pngNeed%20Help%203_zpsaohzcc13.png

Are you trying to make a character event walking at the same time when you're showing the text?

You don't need a switch if it was the case @.@

Plus, afaik, you can't run 2 autorun event at the same time

The solution could be (select one)

1. Try to set the trigger to parallel process
  2. Don't use switch. Just use set move route, and dont check wait for completion (I prefer this solution)
Edited by TheoAllen

Your first solution worked.  It created a little problem of the  parallel process trying to start again when it was shifting to a menu change, but I simply added a wait time at the end of the even to solve that. 

Thank you for your help.