Ixtkd6P.png

presents...

Bj1bTTv.png

Jubilee Royale is a fantasy/romance RPG about Princess Cybil's quest to save her kingdom.

Check the headings below for more information about the project!

uzUEsDB.png

Princess Cybil of Lyndith enjoys being royalty; after all, nobody denies the sole heir to the throne what she wants, when she wants it. Unfortunately, her lavish lifestyle is ripped away from her the day that Cassius Dromir, an enigmatic cult leader, uses an ancient spell to transport the Lyndish capital to an alternate plane of reality!

Having escaped the spell, Cybil is left behind in the real world, where life goes on as if Lyndith had never been founded. Now she must do whatever it takes to restore her kingdom without invoking her royal status. Good thing she gets help from the savvy and sarcastic blacksmith Vera, who seems to know Dromir - and really wants him dead.

If only sharing a mutual goal of taking him down meant that these two could get along...

WoRrx2U.png

1Ho4Enn.png

DDl50Wd.png

Wj5wwgq.png

fIqgezL.png

stJSbLg.png

Jx5XAkX.png 

There are many more character profiles to come! Keep an eye on this area.

UAwE9PO.png

Jubilee Royale takes place on the continent of Almance. There are four countries that Cybil will visit over the course of her journey:

Lyndith is a small island off the coast of northern Flaucinia, with plenty of arable land. Though Cybil hates to admit it, her kingdom doesn't have that much sway in the grand scheme of things.

Flaucinia is a trade hub along the ocean, full of beautiful forests and marshes. The people live, dress, and eat extravagantly, leading to the stereotype that they're party animals with no sense of responsibility.

Atlium is a military superpower, its terrain rugged and mountainous. Things like lineage mean little here - you are judged solely by your successes and shunned for any signs of laziness.

Barona is a snowy tundra at the northernmost tip of Almance. It's recovering from a civil war that destroyed much of the country a decade ago, and tensions remain between the two factions involved.

In the world of Almance, magic is fairly commonplace. The type of magic that somebody can use is determined by their affinity, which is a natural connection to a particular element. The known affinities are fire, water, wind, earth, lightning, life, and shadow. Those who possess an affinity can manipulate that element by using spells. Affinities can also cause passive side effects - for example, Vera's fire affinity makes her resistant to getting scorched at work.

42MUh8v.png

I'm currently revamping some of the game's visuals, so many of these screenshots are out-of-date. Here's an example of the new style that I am working on:

XE8Odi0.png

And here are the older screenshots:

jHjoLAw.png

Hudzb26.png

8a5iC7p.png

Ttlu7Xw.png

Vm06mZN.png

WjoDp7s.png

Well-Developed Characters
While I am hoping to deliver an enjoyable game in many aspects, Jubilee Royale's biggest focus is on its cast of characters, especially the eight party members. They all have their own hopes, dreams, flaws, fears, secrets, and quirks. Each of them will emerge from their quest to save Lyndith as a different person than they were when they started.

Expressive Original Portraits
All party members and key NPCs will have original portraits, designed and drawn by me, with a wide range of expressions. My aim is to keep it bold and colourful!

Atmospheric Maps
Areas have a distinct feel, with as little RTP used as possible.

Original Music
It won't cover the whole soundtrack, but there will be a handful of original compositions by me in the game.

Turn-Based Battles
You'll have plenty of time to think over the moves you make, with a turn-based rather than active time battle system. Choose wisely!

Team Technique System
When two party members grow closer together, they can execute a co-op attack called a Team Technique. These are more powerful than regular attacks and can give you the upper hand during tough battles.

Better Enemy Encounters
Tired of random encounters with pushover enemies every 10 steps? Me too. That's why encounters in Jubilee Royale will be fewer in number, but require a little more strategy to win.

Equipment and Potion Crafting
With a blacksmith's apprentice and a wizard in your party, why bother buying weapons and healing potions? Speak to Vera when near an anvil or Shaelon in any non-combat area to get crafting! Necessary materials can be found in shops, while exploring, or by defeating enemies. As for using an anvil, Vera could pay the local blacksmith in order to use their tools for a while...or she could knock them out, use the tools for free, and run for it. Just don't count on them ever letting you back inside their shop after that...

Downtime Conversations
There are special tiles scattered all around Almance that the player can interact with to initiate Downtime. This will play out a short conversation between two characters, giving you greater insight into their relationship at that point in the story. In some cases, viewing enough Downtime conversations between two particular characters can unlock a new Team Technique. This feature is 100% optional, so you can decide for yourself if you want to learn more about the characters or simply get on with the game.

Custom GUI
I will be using Luna Engine to create pretty menus!

I have more features planned, but I don't want to announce anything before I'm 100% sure that it's doable! Keep an eye on this section.

FNXjglL.png

Jubilee Royale is tentatively rated 16+ for:

- blood and violence
- sexual references
- strong language
- use of alcohol
- heavy themes

While it leans a bit more toward comedy than drama, please be aware there are occasional heavy or disturbing segments.

Dv3dA0p.png

Since I don't want to update my credits in two places anymore, please see the Credits page on my website for an up-to-date list.

Want to help support this project?

Just pop this banner in your signature and link it back to this topic!

ctjPcGv.png

Thank you so much for your interest in Jubilee Royale!! <3

Edited by Whiona

AH! It's here! IT'S HEREEEE! (Also, points for flawless showroom post  :thumbup3: )

Wowowow! I really love how bright and striking everything is! The graphics are beautiful, especially those portraits. I'm in loveeeee >w< I can tell this will be a great and funny game...awww I can't wait to see how she reacts when she finds out that she's in a different world and not treated like royalty....XD (am I mean for saying that?? D: )

Kudos for clean parallaxes and what promises to be a great and very strategic battle system c: I hate hack and slash boredom too~ XD

AH! It's here! IT'S HEREEEE! (Also, points for flawless showroom post  :thumbup3: )

Wowowow! I really love how bright and striking everything is! The graphics are beautiful, especially those portraits. I'm in loveeeee >w< I can tell this will be a great and funny game...awww I can't wait to see how she reacts when she finds out that she's in a different world and not treated like royalty....XD (am I mean for saying that?? D: )

Kudos for clean parallaxes and what promises to be a great and very strategic battle system c: I hate hack and slash boredom too~ XD

AHHHHH thank you so so much, Tsarmina! ;u; This all means so much coming from you!! Haha, Cybil is preeeetty shocked when she finds out that nobody knows who she is anymore. It takes her a while to convince some of the party members that she's telling the truth and not just some weird lady making things up. :P

Looks wonderful. I love turned-based battles.Who's doing all the art? They're really good.

Thank you Vectra!! :D The art is by me. I guess I should probably put down everything I'm doing myself in the credits section so there's no confusion.

Nooooooo I can't believe I wasn't the first one to comment here ;-;

Anyway, it's here!! Congratulations for submitting your game's topic, Whiona. It looks great, so far, and I'm looking forward to it!

The art style is great, the details are great... everything is great! Congratulations, Whiona! I'm already supporting the game with a banner! :3

Edited by Sky Usanin

Nooooooo I can't believe I wasn't the first one to comment here ;-;

Anyway, it's here!! Congratulations for submitting your game's topic, Whiona. It looks great, so far, and I'm looking forward to it!

The art style is great, the details are great... everything is great! Congratulations, Whiona! I'm already supporting the game with a banner! :3

Thank you so much for your support!! It's okay if you didn't comment right away - you've been cheering me on in my statuses for a while, which I really appreciated. Thank you so much for using the banner! :>

This looks so adorable! =3 Specially the art, it looks so delicious. ^w^

I seriously cannot wait to play it. ^^ Wishing you lots of good luck for this! Keep up the awesome work. =D

Wow, that's the first time my art has ever been described as "delicious." I'll take it. :P Thank you so much - I'm glad to hear that you like what I have so far! And thank you for using the banner as well!

I wanna play! The characters seem like they'll have strong personalities and the portraits are lookin' super good ;3 I like all the detail you put in the setting as well. Totally diggin' that huge axe with the cute gem on it too xD Can't wait to see more, do your best!

Wow, thank you!! :D I'm a total sucker for ginormous axes, so of course my protagonist had to have one. I'm glad to hear that you like the characters so far, too! I know the cast is looking a little small for now, but there are many more characters to come. I just don't want to announce anyone before I have a nice-looking portrait for them. (I do actually have a finished portrait of a minor character sitting around on my computer, but it would feel wrong to add her profile before I get a few more major characters finished...)

Oooh, looks like you got around to showcasing some of your stuff! I like what I see so far. A princess with huge axe seems like my kind of gal if you as me. =P

But in all seriousness, I'm rather interested to see what other new features you got planned. I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

Oooh, looks like you got around to showcasing some of your stuff! I like what I see so far. A princess with huge axe seems like my kind of gal if you as me. =P

But in all seriousness, I'm rather interested to see what other new features you got planned. I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

Girly girls with huge weapons are totally my thing. I'm 100% with you on that. Glad to hear that you're interested! I hope to have more to show off soon. It's still pretty early on in development, but I'm steadily chipping away at it.

That's good to hear. Slowly but surely, but never hasty to get it out. I forgot to mention that the maps look fantastic! Kinda makes me want to play around with parallax maps a bit more.

Oh, man, this is actually happening - I was looking forward to this since I read that blog post of yours so many months ago.

Good luck with the project going forward, Whiona, and congratulations for the progress you made already!

That's so cute and colorful! =3

A lady with a huge battle axe? Has science gone too far? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

JK!

The art is really nice and everything looks neat!

Great work! ~ Good luck with developing this! (=

Oh, man, this is actually happening - I was looking forward to this since I read that blog post of yours so many months ago.

Good luck with the project going forward, Whiona, and congratulations for the progress you made already!

Oh wow, I'm surprised that you remembered my project from all the way back then! Thank you for your support!!  ^_^

That's so cute and colorful! =3

A lady with a huge battle axe? Has science gone too far? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

JK!

The art is really nice and everything looks neat!

Great work! ~ Good luck with developing this! (=

Thanks a bunch!! :D I like to keep my art colourful and work with distinct palettes for each character. I don't have a witty response for your comment about the battleaxe, but know that I laughed.

I am off of school next week, so I am hoping to have some time to work on JR and potentially whip up a new location or portrait to show you guys. (I also have lots of essays to write, though...bleh...)

Yay! I'm very glad this is out to see in the Showroom. Everything is looking great, especially the in-game screenshots with the character artwork so I hope you'll post more some time.

Yep, I finally posted it! Thanks so much!! :D I'm definitely focused on mapping and character artwork at the moment, so I'm hoping to have some more nice screenshots up soon. As it stands, many of the maps are placeholders or WIPs, so I want to polish them before posting them here.

Congrats on getting this awesome game into the Showroom! This game I will support and play when it comes out.

Thank you for your support!! I really appreciate it!  ^_^

Now I have another project i have to follow  :)  I really like that windowsking you have. You got quite a palette of flower tiles too? Did you make them or are they somewhere on the interweb? The portraits a a bit rough, but you're on the right track. I can see just looking at he sig above me, Ms. Princess's right eye is too far away. Is the handle of the axe metal or wood? If metal, the highlight needs to be a lot sharper to make it look more reflective. If wood, some wood grain to give it texture. She does look nice and angry  :P

I like the mature content. Some people are afraid to venture into the sex, drugs, and swearing. To me, those things make the world feel more real. They're fun to have in games too  :P I hop the princess has a dirty mouth. That would be so unprincess-like! Alcohol is actually a useable item in my game. Typically they restore a small amount of HP or MP, buff a stat or two, but debuff another. Most of my town and cities have a Pub so occasionally there's a drunk person slurring their words. There's actually a side quest given to you by a drunk ninja. Yep. 

I'll have to check in on this thread every now and then.

First off, thanks for the constructive criticism! I can definitely nudge Cybil's right eye father inward and make the axe handle shinier. As for the flower tiles, they're not made by me - I've found a whole bunch of tiles online and purchased a few resource packs. If you're interested in the flowers in that garden screenshot, I believe they come from the Royal Tiles and Farm Tiles resource packs. Glad you like the windowskin! All I can truly take credit for is recolouring it, though - the rest is thanks to Woratana and Aindra's generator.

To be honest, the 16+ rating is probably on the high side, but I decided to play it safe rather than sorry for now. I'd rather go with a higher rating in the beginning and then lower it later than promise a bunch of younger folks that the game will be appropriate for their age group and then change my mind. Better to broaden your audience than make it narrower, right? The princess sadly doesn't have that much of a dirty mouth, but she might not always hold her tongue if she really gets riled up. Actually, the warning about strong language is mostly there for the blacksmith...now, she needs to watch her mouth. As for sex and alcohol, they revolve mostly around certain characters and cutscenes. I'm not afraid to venture into mature themes, but I also don't throw them in everywhere - I only use them when I think that they add to the comedy or drama. A drunk ninja...okay, that sounds pretty funny. :P Makes sense to use alcohol as a healing item with drawbacks!

I. Am in love. With both this game's concept and its art. This game is going to be absolutely amazing looking. So bright, so colorful, and I love your menus.

Best of luck working with the Luna Engine for the GUIs. I've been intimidated out of using it every time I so much as look at it.

Your character concepts are great! Brief, but conveying all the important information. Cybil, Vera, and Shaelen all are designed wonderfully, and their personalities look like they'll play off each other perfectly. 

I'm excited to see where this project goes!