I've been struggling trying to determine how much exp enemies and Bosses should be giving the player; using the default exp curve as a reference, does anyone have a good method on figuring out how much exp the player should get from enemies?

I normally use formulas for everything. LITERALLY everything. No one can give you a correct answer because you must playtest until you feel that it fits; no one can give you an exact percentage or formula.

Actually, I have a good formula that you could use.

If you want to have a fast-paced game where you level up a lot, each encounter in that area should give about 10% experience for your character's level. That way, after 10 battles, your characters will level up. If you want a slower-paced game where there aren't many encounters or you don't want grinding, then maybe about 20% experience for that character's level. If you have a game where Side Quests are abundant and there are lots of open world things to do, like my project for example, I worked out a formula that pretty much makes it so that each battle will net you about 3% experience each battle. Mini and world bosses not included.

For boss battles, you'll definitely want to have enough experience to make the battle actually mean something. Like you accomplished something, so giving a boss battle enough experience for at least one of your characters to level up once is enough. It could be 3,000, it could be 300, it could be 300,000, just as long as it's enough for at least one person to level up, or get close to leveling up.

Actually, I have a good formula that you could use.

If you want to have a fast-paced game where you level up a lot, each encounter in that area should give about 10% experience for your character's level. That way, after 10 battles, your characters will level up. If you want a slower-paced game where there aren't many encounters or you don't want grinding, then maybe about 20% experience for that character's level. If you have a game where Side Quests are abundant and there are lots of open world things to do, like my project for example, I worked out a formula that pretty much makes it so that each battle will net you about 3% experience each battle. Mini and world bosses not included.

For boss battles, you'll definitely want to have enough experience to make the battle actually mean something. Like you accomplished something, so giving a boss battle enough experience for at least one of your characters to level up once is enough. It could be 3,000, it could be 300, it could be 300,000, just as long as it's enough for at least one person to level up, or get close to leveling up.

I like this idea a lot, I'll let you know how it worked in my game but it seems like a really useful method.