I'm getting a bit of an error

The game freezes for me when I'm trying to fish for a plot object where Alpha pointed to get it. I dunno what's wrong but it does it every time. Was that an error you fixed and I should redownload?

I did fix an error with that, yeah. If the bait landed to the left or right of the plot object, it would freeze. Redownloading will fix that.

Unless it happens at a different time?

I played part of your demo, and i must say this game is breath taking. The story is well thought out and flows like a river stream. After playin it i was inspired to

go through my game and completely redo alot of my maps. it was a inspiration to say the least. i hope i am one day as skilled as you are XD. i hope you will look at my first game when it makes a little progress, i would love to hear feed back from you.

I can see how much effort you put into this game almost like your soul as well :)

I like the mapping, the story and the features and that makes me want to play a complete version of your game.

Good luck with it :) and I will keep checking for your update.

Thanks for all your comments. I have definitely spent a lot of time on this project.

I am looking forward to having a completed game that others will enjoy!

Hey stupid me forgot to leave a comment after I finished the new demo. Anyways I really like all the gimmicks you have for the boss battles. They're really fun and well thought out. I really enjoy playing all parts of your game. The only suggestion and thing I would change is that the latest character when you use the combos it'd make a world of easy difference if you would put up a little help screen of her combos instead of having to just guess. It just results in me typing the combos out in a txt file and looking at that next to the screen because I've got a terrible memory. Other than that this game rocks!

Thanks for this - I did forget to give Aryll a tutorial. Her combo moves can be viewed during combat so you don't have to write them in a text file. At the moment, though, you need to scroll her combat menu down (which I know isn't very noticeable that you can do that). I shall inform the player about it with her tutorial

I have a terrible memory, too haha. Glad you enjoyed it :D

I'm sure you haven't heard this before but DAMN!!! your game is great!!! It seems so simple yet so complicated its a mix of all emotions and kjdfhgdkflghbfdl I LOVE IT!!

I didn't really plan to update with many more pics so as not to spoil too much and leave some surprises in the game haha

I'll think about doing some kind of trailer video or something, that sounds fun to do.

Currently one update I could give is I am re-doing a lot of the water effects on all the beach and ship maps from the demo with a new animated method I have.

I'm actually really surprised at how you've made the maps with this.

I've seen loads of people use the XP battlebacks in VX, but none of them have done this to my knowledge. I must admit; I'm impressed!

I think I'm going to give this a play, actually. I hope it's as good as it looks!

I loved the game. My only complaint is that in the volcano it wasn't obvious you could climb up the wall to the chest above. In fact, it was by pure coincidence that I discovered the spot where you can climb up. Until then I had thought that I needed to solve the puzzle and make it across the lava lake in order to reach a place where I can climb up. No other problems encountered.

Absolutely stunning job, Galv.

This is the best project I've seen since Linus, and definatley the prettiest.

I would do anything to be able to map like you :o

You've obviously put tons of effort into this, but, um...please do more.

Pls. Haha.

Thanks Horator :)

Don't worry, more is being done. Just taking ages. And also adding new effects that is reducing framerate on slower computers... :unsure: haha

Aye Cap'n! xD

I just finished this masterpiece of pure talent, and i must say... i really impressed with this game.

Your map style is amazing, you just used XP battlebacks to make a parallax map, using advanced image editors, and the result is wonderfull. Not just the graphics, but the gameplay still rocks. We can interact with the every essence of thee battle, with trigger functions to make combos, bullets to guns, and combination of atacks. Not only that, the gameplay in field is incridible, you can interact with most every object on the map. There are some good puzzles.

The storyline is very well constructed. I played the game till the end of the demo. Now i really want to see this game full someday. You have my support.

Keep good with this cap'n.

I'v enjoyed playing this game so far can't wait til its finished! First part of my 2 part Let's Play to kinda help people get into the game.

@ WesdrasLink - thanks, glad you like it :D

@Chigoo - thanks for the let's play. You bring up a some good points I could make tweaks to.

You don't choose your items after battles, you get everything. That's just default yanfly script, I will remove the cursor from that as it is confusing like that.

Also, after you get past the tutorial fight and the first frog battle you'll never see a game over screen again. It's no autosave but it does prevent losing a lot of playtime if you die. (unless you die on the first frog battle... heh)

@nice game. the mapping was great! did you use paralax mapping or overlay mapping? just curious. i really like the fake 3d effect you made on the rooms. :D. it really spice the game. nice story and nice character uniqueness. not to mention fishing scene. did you use script on that?

when i read in the download page. i read that you have problems with random crash in your v6 version. and after seeing your comment about leaf effect. i assume you might use moghunter weather ex (the leaf effect/sakura petal effect always give strong impression that point to that script). i also use that script and it give me the same crash trouble before. the good thing is. moghunter just update that script (now version 1.5 i guess) which after i try in my project didn't make my project crash anymore. i just want to share with you about this. just hope this information helps you.

Quadruple thumbs up !!! (yes i use my feet thumb too to salute you :D)

Thanks estriole

I use overlay mapping and the fishing is all evented. I don't have the scripting skills to do that yet haha.

The random crash problem was caused by moghunter's weather script and I did try an updated version (a month or so ago now) and that didn't fix the crash for me, so I removed it completely and it hasn't crashed since. I don't plan on putting it back in, though, even if he's updated it again since I tried it last. Too much work :P

But thanks for the info! Glad you like what I've done so far :D