Brosephus

What are you working on?

@Rezanta, I thought about adding a relationship system but I decided not to. The parties aren't big enough for it and I don't plan on adding any more than the four you get in the beginning. I might add it to World of Chaos Armageddon but that's a long time from now (Armageddon is made after World of Chaos VI).

@Rikifive: Very unique indeed, and a lot of fun even if it IS a lot of work and a lot of Skyping people for their lines, lol. I'm three character themes, one plot theme, and two boss themes away from having all the music for the next chunk of the game done. 

I also consider myself fortunate to have the caliber of voice actors I do helping out in my project. Some of them have done pro work in the past and I feel so lucky they're still willing to donate time to an amateur project like mine.

And may I just say I absolutely love the concept for your game, Rikifive? I'm actually really excited to see an MLP project in the works. It looks really promising!

@Tsarmina: Your animation. It is absolutely LOVELY and I cannot even with the cuteness of your art style. I'm looking forward to your game because it's pretty and wonderful and just great.

@Rezanta: Relationship systems are wonderful, but also can be really tricky and bloody complex beasts to pull off. I'm excited about the one I'm using, but nervous as well because it's so involved.

@Vectra: I've seen you posting a lot about your project, but haven't been able to do much to check into it. Sounds like you've definitely got an epic of a story on your hands, and I looks forward to seeing how it plays out.

@KainLightsworn  It's pretty rare to se---hear voice acting in RM games, so I'm kinda curious about your result. =P

A good voice acting is pretty difficult to 'get' so yup, you're lucky indeed ~ I'm not hiding, that I'd love to have voice acting in my ponified game as well. (It will have some though - during cutscenes (well, kinda ripped ~ but it's directly related to the source material and it will be properly credited ~ making that game is a rip itself anyway ~ but I'm not stealing anything quietly!)) =P

Why, thank you! I hope it will turn out as good as it seems to be. =P

@Rezanta: Relationship systems are wonderful, but also can be really tricky and bloody complex beasts to pull off. I'm excited about the one I'm using, but nervous as well because it's so involved.

Well, when it comes down to using the story as part of the relationship start points, there's small gaps for error. However, beingthe author I am, I need to use the dialog that my characters use and notmy words, so to speak. This is the difficult aspect to this system due to wanting to narrate. The other downside is how my game revolves around Xerian being a main boss, but you're truly fighting him as the final boss either, which allows him to be in the relationship system.

@Tsarmina: Your animation. It is absolutely LOVELY and I cannot even with the cuteness of your art style. I'm looking forward to your game because it's pretty and wonderful and just great.

Thank you so much ^.^ I'm really working hard on getting the animations done, even if it's just the opening scene XD It's already taken a few months, hahaha. OTL

My game came from a need to fill a niche: a buddy story between a guy and a gal. Ok, it's not a ground breaking niche, but it's what I wanted to write.

The story stars a messenger that has to (what else?) deliver a message. A message that could decide the fate of the country. A mercenary woman saves his life as the story starts and he decides to hire her for protection. Though the message may seem like it'll be a drving force  at first, it's contents are revealed early on. It, like the world (which has a pretty neat twist if I may say so myself, that is revealed later on), are just there to provide a backdrop for the growing relationship between the two heroes (so a lot hinges on it, it makes me so nervous!) their backstories and their mirroring personalities as one learns from the other. My other focus is making equipment and skills fun and interesting to use. This has left the world building aspect a little barren and generic, to be honest and I'm scared that so much depends on the player liking these two characters. But it's the story I choose and I'm going to stick with it.

The gameplay is a very cyclical town-dungeon-town but I've put work into making towns interesting and dungeons challenging, let's hope that distracts the players from the linearity of it all. I've got some ideas about how to add some variety to the following dungeons so they feel more rewarding to explore than getting from point a to b.

Hmmm I'm really rambling, but...whatever I'll leave it as it is. They're my honest thoughts on what I'm working on, after all.

I'm working on The Rise of Scourge! Or rather, the second chapter of it. XD

Genre? Adventure, horror, action..I think lol

This game is based on the Warriors manga, The Rise of Scourge. You play as the main character, a small house cat named Tiny, as he goes through the torment from his siblings, ventures out into the forest and meets vicious wild cats, then finally continues the rest of his story in the city, renaming himself Scourge as he gains power over the other cats in the city. 

As for elements, the character sprites and artwork, as well as the map areas and new music I'm working on for the later chapters and boss fights. 

I don't have any scripts..I'm not very good when it comes to those. I have a lot of features I'm planning for the new chapters. Chapter 2 is nearly finished, has a ton of new items in it as well as many more characters. It has a mini game near the end, which will be a bit difficult. 
Chapter 3 will have a lot of mini games, including a timed challenge. You can win new collars from some of the challenges. 

There will be 5 main chapters in the game. Including a secret chapter after the ending, chapter 6. Some of the choices you make in earlier chapters will alter the gameplay in chapter 6, and will also change the type of ending you get. It also has many bosses..yikes. XD

@Spooky Nice, I get the feeling you suffer no lack of content ;)

I realized I never really told anyone about what I'm up to... basically I have two projects, I'll tell you a bit about my main one.

Plot:

The main girl, in a moment of great peril, finds an artifact. The artifact gives her a tremendous power boost and the ability to summon weapons. With a strong sense of justice she sets out to make the world a better place. But what actions can be justified? Even with the most noble goals?

Features:

• Linear story with variable components.
  • A vast and world to explore.
  • NPCs that feel like actual people, with their own lives, feelings, hopes and dreams. (Well, I'm giving it my best shot..>_>)
  • Charge turn tactical battle system. (Slowly being polished to perfection :P)
  • Two endings, based on your performance in the last battle.

Battle system:

I'm going for a role reversal. Instead of a party of heroes fighting a single powerful evil, she is a one woman army taking on the world. Her summons are battlers in their on right, still taking advantage of multiple actor dynamic. Through the power of math, skill formulas yield diminishing returns as your stats go up. (It's really hard to get truly OP) Her class is basically every thing. Healer, Tank, Damage dealer and Summoner. Towards the end she'll have 50ish skills, varying in terms of utility and power. While she has the power to rofl stomp most basic mobs resources are real concern, being reckless will bleed you out fast. Random battles with randomized troops makes every battle a challenge to overcome, hopefully without ever getting dull. The equipment available amplifies different aspects of battle, making the choice of gear a strategic one.

Hurdles to overcome:

Taim >_< My RL leaves a lot to be desired, it is really hard to fit game making into my schedule. :(

Hmm I'm on a bit of a break currently. Not been doing much except flirting with different engines and trying to find one I realllllly like.

Last thing I was making in RM was a TCG. You know, like YuGiOh and stuff. I got a random bug in turn processing though so I kinda lost interest in it a bit. I'll probably return to it in the future though, when I've got time to sit down and properly figure out where it went wrong and make the final push for a tech demo.

Slacker! =P

I simply don't have a whole lot of free time to work on my game. I got a couple three day weekends coming up though. We'll see if I end up being productive. I'm getting close to completing my first continent. The last and largest city is almost done. Mostly just creating the quests remains.

Drawing, skills for the assassin class, and quests ^_^

Today, I plan to learn some drawing.

Tomorrow, I will probably also draw.

After that, Drawing again to replace all the placeholders of my enemies

After that, if the above is done, then start on skills and quests.

I'm working on a RPG, genre fantasy/sci-fi.

I'm really just now in the world building phase and only briefly done an rough outline of weapons and attack moves.

I create a world map and a good chunk of history; working on character bios right now.

I'm going to have ten classes and four races. They'll be about 30 characters a person can add to their army but only can battle with four at a time (may change this later).

It's really basic but I hope to add a good deal of puzzles, special class only features, and end game content to make it work.

I'm working on a RPG, genre fantasy/sci-fi.

I'm really just now in the world building phase and only briefly done an rough outline of weapons and attack moves.

I create a world map and a good chunk of history; working on character bios right now.

I'm going to have ten classes and four races. They'll be about 30 characters a person can add to their army but only can battle with four at a time (may change this later).

It's really basic but I hope to add a good deal of puzzles, special class only features, and end game content to make it work.

Puzzles and end game content are always a huge extra to a game. If you include enough well-implemented puzzles I'm sure your gameplay will be a lot less basic.

I'm working on a new project at the moment, in which I decided to draw everything by hand (except for animations I guess, I have close to none experience with those...). I have been drawing like crazy for the last few weeks, and I've finished the first town, characters and enemies now. My story is a little bit basic (evil man takes over and the party must stop him yadayada) but I hope original level designs, puzzles, flexibility in character development and the fact that everything fits together art wise will still make the game enjoyable.