PoPS

Having Trouble Making Megalixir-style Item

Hi there,

I've recently discovered that my items that are supposed to completely recover a character/the whole party (like Final Fantasy's Elixir and Megalixir) don't work on dead characters...

I've set the items to remove Death and all other statuses, and restore 100% HP and MP, but I can only get it to work on either ONLY living characters, or ONLY dead characters.

Any ideas how I might get around that? Preferably without a script, but willing to use one if that's the only way.

Thanks for your time!

First, set up a common event. No call condition, and within that common event, pick Actors > Recover All (Full Party). Name it 'Megalixir', or something similar.

Then, go to your Megalixir item, and go into the effects box, Call Common Event [Megalixir]. I'd recommend setting the target to "User" and using a full-screen animation, just so it doesn't look funky that the animation isn't hitting all heroes, but then they all get up anyways.

I had thought about trying a common event, but then I wouldn't know what to do about using the single targeting one. Maybe there's a way to store the targeted character's ID in a variable, and have a common event use that to figure out who to use it on?