RagingHobo

Recent Shenanigans

You may have noticed that the URL of the site has recently changed. Rather than chasing the latest version of RPGMaker we as a team decided it would be beneficial to open the community to all of the RPGMaker versions and even include other makers that aren't a part of the Enterbrain/Degica family.

This is the first of many upcoming changes.

The next major change will involve upgrading the board to the latest and greatest or quite possible a new board software. Right now we are on the upgrade path but that may change. We'll keep you posted. 

Things that are coming up but haven't been fleshed out yet:

-New forum integrated front page

-Game/Asset marketplace 

-Board RPG -  We're a community of RPG enthusiasts, why not create a browser (or client) based game that lives and breathes with the community?

We will be making announcements as the new features get closer to release and see what you as our community would like to see in said new features.

VERY NICE!!

-Board RPG -  We're a community of RPG enthusiasts, why not create a browser (or client) based game that lives and                               breathes with the community?

I instinctively selected the space between 'and' and 'breathes' only to find nothing. XD

VERY NICE!!

-Board RPG -  We're a community of RPG enthusiasts, why not create a browser (or client) based game that lives and                               breathes with the community?

I instinctively selected the space between 'and' and 'breathes' only to find nothing. XD

My mistake, a typo, fixed now.

To be fair, I was actually worried because I never knew the URL changed. I was offline for a few days due to this.

I only found the site through an rpgmakerweb status update comment - I dont use that site often, I only went there because this was down.

In short: Was that update announced here?

I wish you luck with the updating however. I noticed rpgmakerweb changed alot, so I hope it's nothing to drastic.

off topic: As I type this, I can't help but watch Kaz's siggy gif. It's very distracting... xD

To be fair, I was actually worried because I never knew the URL changed. I was offline for a few days due to this.

I only found the site through an rpgmakerweb status update comment - I dont use that site often, I only went there because this was down.

In short: Was that update announced here?

I wish you luck with the updating however. I noticed rpgmakerweb changed alot, so I hope it's nothing to drastic.

off topic: As I type this, I can't help but watch Kaz's siggy gif. It's very distracting... xD

We only changed it yesterday so were only offline for a short time.

I love my siggy - David Tennant's Doctor Who (old lady crush on cute guy!)

The next major change will involve upgrading the board to the latest and greatest or quite possible a new board software. Right now we are on the upgrade path but that may change. We'll keep you posted. 

Please, I beg of you, do not upgrade to IPS 4. It's an absolute trainwreck. (See RMW) (Well I mean you can if you want, I just don't like it lol)

Speaking of new board software, Xenforo is really good., much better than IPS 4 in my opinion.

Anyways, good luck with the upgrade! :)

Please, I beg of you, do not upgrade to IPS 4. It's an absolute trainwreck. (See RMW) (Well I mean you can if you want, I just don't like it lol)

Speaking of new board software, Xenforo is really good., much better than IPS 4 in my opinion.

Can you elaborate on this? I dont really frequent that forum so I'm not sure what you mean. What about IPB 4 dont you like?

[ Regarding IPS 4 ]

The text editor is so glitched, that my posts break pretty often. Spoilers, quotes etc. sometimes explode and create a mess*. It's nice, because it's pretty automatic, but it doesn't always work well.

* - I've reported that issue to them there.

Also, it's so messy, that it's hard to locate things and stuff. Thread lists look like a trash can full of garbage ~ It's quite difficult to keep track of threads/news.

Generally it's not that bad, but I just can't get used to it. ^^

As for the upcoming features here ~ they sound nice and I'm curious how it would look like when the evolution will be complete.

Can you elaborate on this? I dont really frequent that forum so I'm not sure what you mean. What about IPB 4 dont you like?

Gotta jump in on this one!

- The text editor is pure WYSIWYG, so no BBcode source editing.

- Spoilers will break.

- Code tags will break.

- Everything input into the text box is auto-formatted (so if you paste in a youtube url or image link it'll automatically try to show them in full whether you want them to or not.

- There is not even a post preview anymore :/

Most of the bugs are post-related, but the creator of IPV4 has expressed no desire to change back the text editor to allow the source to be edited properly, so it is insanely hard to format posts and ensure they look correct, let alone fix old posts as there is not even a preview!

I think it makes sense to adapt the forum to encompass all the RPG Makers. That way it can stay the same even as new versions of the software come out. :) I'm interested to see what other changes are in store!

One thing - I'm not sure if the URL redirect is working properly on the desktop site. On mobile it works fine, but if I type in rpgmakervxace.net on my computer, it doesn't take me to the main page of these forums. Instead, it takes me to this weird error page:

http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

I'm worried that other members may be having the same problem and are wondering where the forums went.

I think it makes sense to adapt the forum to encompass all the RPG Makers. That way it can stay the same even as new versions of the software come out. :) I'm interested to see what other changes are in store!

One thing - I'm not sure if the URL redirect is working properly on the desktop site. On mobile it works fine, but if I type in rpgmakervxace.net on my computer, it doesn't take me to the main page of these forums. Instead, it takes me to this weird error page:

http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

I'm worried that other members may be having the same problem and are wondering where the forums went.

Trust me I saw plenty of these last night :)

It's just your browser caching the site, if you clear your browser cache and go to any rpgmakervxace.net link, it should redirect you to the same link but use rpgmakercentral.com now. Mobile browsers are pretty terrible at caching and persisting data, so it is less of an issue there. 

@Takeo  I was doing the same ~ I thought that the site was offline and I was refreshing the page after each ~15 minutes checking if it's back for about 3 or 4 hours. When I closed the tab and opened a fresh one - it worked. ãƒ½à¼¼àºˆÙ„͜ຈ༽ノ

@Raging Hobo

I am proud of the forum expanding to all RPG makers but will this include my favorite old school one, RPG Maker 2? I live that little game. Now I know I haven't been active too much lately but I am an RPGM2 master! I would be Willi g to do guides tips and tricks for it. Noe to see what you actually added to the forum as I hadn't looked yet.

I meant RPG Maker 2 for PS2!

At first, I thought the site was undergoing a DDOS attack... And then, I thought the site had been taken down... So, I Googled one of my posts to see if there was a backdoor in. I quickly bookmarked the site, as I'd noticed the new URL. XD

I'm going to jump on the wagon that's against RMW's newest design and echo the sentiments of the others. I'd also like to add in addition to the above mentioned issues, the content display sucks there, too.

Here is how it used to work there, you have "My Content" and can see your topics and posts. As well as see any recent activity on a topic you made. There, it's a jumbled mess buried under so many clicks, and it's not worth the hassle.

I'm going to jump on the wagon that's against RMW's newest design and echo the sentiments of the others. I'd also like to add in addition to the above mentioned issues, the content display sucks there, too.

Here is how it used to work there, you have "My Content" and can see your topics and posts. As well as see any recent activity on a topic you made. There, it's a jumbled mess buried under so many clicks, and it's not worth the hassle.

I'm still struggling to figure out how to check "New Content" all together on RMW...

This site is far better in my honest opinion.

^- I also dislike the new style of 'New Content' on RMW - it's pretty messy and confusing, it takes much more space and lacks of simple functions like 'preview' or 'mark as read'.

The text editor is a true nightmare ~ Almost everytime I post something - the spoilers are breaking and I need to fix them manually by cutting off the contents, pasting them below the broken spoilers, then finally removing them and putting new ones. ~ If there would be the option to toggle BBCode, then I'd just have to move one or two lines, but nope.

My game threads and even 'about me' page all broke and I don't even bother fixing them anymore, because it requires some time and caution due to their size (wall of texts).

There are even stupider things in that text editor, that sometimes can be frustrating a little.

For example when you have a spoiler/link boxes. then you can't type below them and continue - you need to type something above it, move the box above the text and then you can continue. A workaround would be typing the text first and then creating spoilers etc.

ZBYKx1w.png

Also, if there are quotes in the post, you can't Select All [ctrl+A] ! It just doesn't want to highlight the text, so you can't make a copy just in case if you'd lost internet connection etc. where your post could get lost.

Being unable to toggle BBCode makes everything way much harder and prevents you from fixing issues with codes in a simple way. For example if a spoiler will broke, you're toggling the BBCode mode and fixing/moving up to few lines ~ on RMW? - You need to use skills and magic on these boxes to fix them.

Changing font color and other simple functions are harder as well ~ you can't toggle the BBcode, so you can't edit the color, but you need to type it by yourself. (There is that color palette, but it doesn't have many colors)

You can't preview the post, so you can't even check if something will break, which happens to me very often.

Though automatic stuff is nice, sometimes typing in there is a pain! D:

Kill it with fire! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)