As someone new to the forum, I have a few questions regarding the literature section.

1.  Can you post story ideas to see if anyone is interested in working on them?

2.  Can these ideas be based off of something already in existence ("Alice in Wonderland", "Faustus", the works of H.P. Lovecraft, anime, etc.), or do they have to be entirely original?

3.  Do you post general ideas, story excerpts, all of the above?  If story excerpts, then do they have to be written as short stories or scripts?

I would really appreciate it if someone, preferably a long time member, could answer. 

Hello there! I'm not a writer/storyteller but i'll give some of my

thoughts about this one. xD

1.I think yes,(not sure though), but if you really want to look for someone

Who is willing to work on something you have then you should definitely visit the

Showroom's skill display and recruitment, but i think there is also no harm to see if someone

Is interested with your story here!

2. The rules says that it has to be original, but if you want to write a story based on

Already made stories, i think it's just okay since you're only

Using it as an inspiration and you're not copying it so i guess you're good to go.

3. I'll go with all of the above. Short stories is good enough to catch the attention of readers.

Oh and btw i'm not a long time member here yet but i hope i shed some

Light. xD

Chadzter has some pretty good advice, though I might clarify...

2. The rules says that it has to be original, but if you want to write a story based on
Already made stories, i think it's just okay since you're only
Using it as an inspiration and you're not copying it so i guess you're good to go.

The only thing in the rules that could be interpreted this way is "no plagiarism", so no saying "I made Nyarlathotep". Works based on other works are pretty legally grey, but that hasn't stopped this forum from hosting works of this nature before.

While you may have a story to tell, and anything will get a few eyes on the page in the Theory and Development forum- I suggest not writing a novel.Based off the fact that nobody is as interested in your game as you are, nobody is going to want to read 12 pages of backstory about a cliche'd game. If you can compress the ideas you want to share to 1 or 2 paragraphs- minimum viable product- I think you'll find a lot more people are willing to take a look and discuss your ideas if it doesn't take a ton of time to get through it in the first place.

Very well said ^

Im sorry for not being able to remember to say that word "Plagiarism"

Which is a very important foundation to remember in making stories,games and such.

But i do hope that when the op reads my post he/she gets the thought

About the concept of just taking inspirations and not taking creations.(which is not cool)

Thanks chaosian for enlightening us! Cheers :)