Takeo212

Choices Appearing In Dialogue Box

Hey there~

I've been deciding on how a few aspects of my game should look, and I've decided that I really don't like the default choice menu for my main game.

My characters can save at inns, give different dialogue choices and a few other things that just look ugly when I use the standard default choice menu.

So I need help from a scripter please~

The basis I want is simply the choice dialogue to appear in the dialogue box instead.

An example from google images:

vpcah5.jpg

Please note I need a plugin for MV, not a script for ACE (I only state this due to the screenshot maybe being a little confusing to quick viewers.)

Any help would be appreciated, and I hope this isn't a to demanding task.

Thank you to anyone who reads/helps with this, thank you!

~Takeo

I did and I kept getting only lists of plugins related to dialogue such as Yanfly's Message Core or Hime's multiple choices, but not a plugin like this.

If there is one, I wouldn't mind being linked to that and I apologise for making a already answered topic.

Note: I always google search plugins before asking :P

Edited by Takeo212

Yerp. I couldn't find anything on that list related to this, and since the site doesn't really narrow down plugins by type, it's not really great for searching. Only plugins I found on that were the same ones I found on google ;-;

This is an interesting problem to me, as the message window by default does not support input selection.

By that, I mean they behave differently from, say, a choice window, which is the main reason why it's even separated into its own window.

A quick way to make it appear that your choices are in your message by simply moving the choice window

Here's a quick example that I threw together

https://twitter.com/HimeWorks/status/724998749907349508

Cg-2hTjU0AACl0W.jpg

Of course, because you're fighting over the same window space, you now need to plan our your messages properly.

You could support multiple columns as well, by using the same principle:

Cg-4kKKUoAETCG_.jpg

Edited by Tsukihime

Ooooh. I personally need the first option but the second option would be handy for alot of people I imagine too.

Would a plugin be possible then if the program itself doesn't really support it?

I imagine trying to move the choice window would maybe cause problems later on with alignments, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I also just noticed I wasn't following you on twitter anymore for some reason... I was wondering where your content went... Fixed now~

Ooooh. I personally need the first option but the second option would be handy for alot of people I imagine too.

Would a plugin be possible then if the program itself doesn't really support it?

I imagine trying to move the choice window would maybe cause problems later on with alignments, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I also just noticed I wasn't following you on twitter anymore for some reason... I was wondering where your content went... Fixed now~

The first one is easier to do so I'll probably just release a plugin with that and if there are further requests, see how they might be handled.

Here's how it looks in a video

Edited by Tsukihime

Omg, that is exactly what I was wanting.

I wanted the scroll down but wasn't sure if that was possible through the dialogue window so never actually mentioned it, but if that works how the video works, then you get so many free hugs Hime.

I think the first option is the more used version anyway. Having the other option would cause some collisions with possible long sentences so might not be used as much.

I also believe alot of visual novel creators might love you for this too xD (not my reasoning though~)

Thank you Hime for taking the time, and challenge to do this~

Currently working out some issues.

In particular, what we want to know is WHERE to begin displaying the options, given that the number of lines shown in the message may be variable.

For example, you might show two lines, and then display two options.

Or you might show one line, and display two or three options.

It is also possible that you start by showing 4 lines of messages, and then you press OK, the window is cleared, and then 4 choices are shown.

Lots of different ways to show choices in the message.

I mean I guess I could assume the position is always fixed (ie: starts on the 3rd line, assuming you have two choices), but not sure if you have any preferences.

My main usage would be having one line of text, such as;

(previous dialogue window)

-next window-

Welcome. It will cost x to stay the night.

- choice: Stay the night

- choice: save game

- choice: leave/gossip

So mainly the 4 default lines, one being actually text, and the 3 options being choices (maybe on an occasion it would be nice to have more choices, but that wont be often or even necessary if it is to hard to work with)

Most of the text will be on a dialogue window before the actual choice window.

The choice window will mainly consist of the actual question/statement and the choices is all.

Oh oh oh!

Thank you so so much Hime! I'll go try it out now!

Thank you for your time in creating this~

Since this is resolved, this topic can be closed.

Any commentary or feedback on the plugin, I'll post directly to Hime's plugin topic instead!

Thank you so much <3