Dark Sky

Dark's House Decorating System

Dark's House Decorating System

Author: Nhat Nguyen (Dark Sky)

Source: taotrochoi.com

1. Infomations
  - Script provides your game with a decorating system. Who visited here please leave a comment.
  - Features:

• Decorating system for your game!
  • Hud displaying stuff selected now.
  • Window displaying your current stuffs.
  • Use Tiles of Tilesets or Event for Stuff.

2. Screenshots

uM9sm0p.png

051dgij.png

AJNbSzn.png

3. Download
Dropbox (Virus Checked)
Script: Add scripts follow this order.

4. How to add stuff
Step 1: Run project. Press F8. Take a look at red box,circle.

A2CmSju.png

Step 2: Goto Script Editor > Script Dark's House Decorating System > Copy things below.

DPkzSEW.png

Step 3: Paste!

Wos70K9.png

Step 4: Edit like what i do below.

k4i4lvf.png

5. Term of use.
  - Credit me Dark Sky. If you want to use it for commercial project, just leave me a message.

Edited by Dark Sky

Just tried  your demo. I like it and all but only problem is the button choice seems off for some reason and I can't remove objects.

Just press F6 or F7.

This looks cool!

Can you give direct links to the scripts only?

My anti-virus (ESET Smart Security) did not alert me for a false positive yet, and it says that this demo got a virus named "Win32/Slugin.A".

Reading the description of this virus, I don't want to risk it...

So, can you please upload the scripts only somewhere? Preferably somewhere where we don't need to download anything, just copy/paste the text itself.

Also, I would do a full check on your PC for viruses if I were you, in case you got infected with something, which now spreads itself with your uploads.

Again, this can be a false positive, but because that never happened with me yet, I just don't want to experiment with it.

I was thinking about something like this. And HERE it is. damn

EDIT: I also suggest you do what Sixth suggested and scan your computer. Because I aint risking breaking my computer.

Edited by Eurgh

@Chadzter01: You're welcome. :D

*Update script link at #1 post and I reuploaded the demo (virus checked of course).

Edited by Dark Sky

Omg, this looks amazing. I was actually thinking of a feature like this being awesome and allow for so much stuff to be done!

I need this for MV ;-;

Thank you. But i need someone to port it to MV. I haven't learned JS yet.

If anyone has the demo project, it needs to be reuploaded to NOT DROPBOX AS DROPBOX IS NOT RELIABLE ANYMORE.

Somehow, someway, the scripts do not work as intended. The Tile Viewer works fine, but trying to use the house decorator script, somehow it's looking for a Map004, and I see nowhere in the script that tells the interpreter to look for that map.

If I have four or more maps, then it throws an error on line 22 of Game_Event, specifying 'id' as nil.

I only have the two scripts in place plus bugfixes. This should not be an issue.

I have the demo and it worked fine for me. I think Map ID 4 is designated for the event-based objects. I'm looking at the demo now and Map 4 is Decorate Stuff, and the demo event items are stored there. You just leave that map blank in terms of tiles, and create events using the desired tile images, and event mechanics. You can put them anywhere on that map.

It recommends that you only use 1 tiles for the script, so I started doing custom sheets for my Triad game to make sure I had everything I wanted, since the idea in that gamwewas upgrading apartments among other things as you progress in the Triad world stage.

I don't remember where I got the demo.Theres a Graphical Object Global Reference script with the Demo as well.

Edited by That One NPC

:thonkang:

I looked in the script.

I only saw where it looks for a variable string as far as map data is related. (Map%03d.rvdata) I know that %03d is related to numbering, so whatever it is it seeks, I could not tell, at all, and since Dropbox has since killed the link...the demo is out of reach.