Vic3Vers4

All the Tilesets are missing from my project, Maps have events in them but no sprites

Hi, new to this forum.  I have had problems lately with all of my maps getting erased in my games.  It seems that all of the content such as animations, characters, events, and anything custom made in the database is still in the project, but literally every sprite in the game is completely missing.  This has happened multiple times, it seems to happen when i save it on my flash drive, but it doesnt happen every time, it seems to  happens somewhat randomly.  Does anybody know why this is happening, and how i prevent it from happening in the future?

For me it sounds kinda like missing RTP files.

Personally I'm getting rid of the default files in my projects and when I do this, then it exactly looks like this.

Perhaps it can't find the folder with these resources or something like this?

I've had weird issues kind of like this, and I find that usually it's a Steam problem with me. Still, it's worth checking out and validating the files if you're using Steam, but I always end up having to redownload RPGMaker....sorry I can't offer more help than this. 

I use the steam version of all RPGM's and have never had this issue non any of them.

If your transfering files from different hardrives, it'll be likely an issue with missing files when transfering.

I think ACE  reads the RTP from the original folder destination (MV now adds all RTP to the new project by default) so to fix the problem should be simply:

Open the game folder and go to "tilesets"

Open the RPG Maker common folder where your RTP sits (or download the RTP so its seperate)

If you copy and paste the tilesets from the RTP folder into the game projects Tilesets folder, that should fix the problem.

Do the same with any other missing files.

if you put the files themselves into the project folder, that should stop missing files when your using a flashdrive to transfer stuff around since you have the RTP in the game itself instead of in the common directory.