Sign in to follow this  
kaz

Riki is the new Mod ...

For a moment, I was thinking "wait, Riki is already a mod" then noticed the section.

Fair enough, I do admit, games are fun - but not when there random dumps...

I still say "Boss Rush" was my absolute favorite game but sadly it died once people stopped posting (and hence, we died. sadface)

Congrats Riki - goodluck with keeping track of all posts here. You may need it!

As much as I love playing games, I admit some of them became that spammy, that I started not playing them anymore. =P

@Takeo  I can't believe, that anybody liked that silly game. =P

I'm still thinking of making a similar game, but more 'advanced'. ~ Each member could create a character and 'raise' him for the glory.

...But it would be even sillier, even members said that. ^^

~Thank you! =3

I already said several times that I was sad when that game died ;P

It actually involved posters to work together (use MP accordingly, whether they damaged or healed) and the more posts we got in, the better - before the post attacked anyway.

I got really sad when the topic dwindled - especially since I couldn't double post xD ( even created a short RP game based on it, but never released it due to not polishing it for public)

I hope my "getting to know you" topic doesn't become a spam problem - but we'll see how that goes~ You have permission (not that you need it) to close that if needed~

Also, I would love to see another Boss Rush minigame, but I understand that as soon as people get bored of it, the entire game doesn't work well, so I understand not remaking it :(

Either way, happy modding to you Riki ^^ your becoming busier by the week xD

I'm still thinking of making a similar game, but more 'advanced'. ~ Each member could create a character and 'raise' him for the glory.

...But it would be even sillier, even members said that. ^^

Wouldn't it be possible to automate some stuff like there probably is stuff to auto-detect certain bad words on a forum . We could try to modify that to detect keywords and do stuff , no? Well if you ever want to try coding somethinglike that,I will happily help you ( I'm always eager to learn how to code new stuff )

Edited by Shiggy

@Takeo  Yup, yup, I remember. =3

I love cooperative games, because it makes people play together, not just play on their own ~ I was happy that it kinda worked. =P

~ I was and I am curious about the game you were working on, it sounded interesting. =P

As long as it will not become an 'One Reused Sentence Over And Over Again Show' like in the "Ban the Person Above you"* it should be fine. ( Í¡áµ” ͜ʖ Í¡áµ” )

* I admit it was a nice and simple game, but let's be honest ~ It became extremely 'spammy' as members were just putting random things, that most of the time didn't make any sense. =P

Actually it's not an issue there ~ the game was designed to 'die' sooner or later anyway. What's the perfect time for the game to close? When people get bored of that and that game had 'Auto Boredom Detection System' apparently. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeah, my projects gonna kill mah for that. =P

@Shiggy  I'm not sure I understood ~ You mean modifying anything in the forum code? Well, I have no idea how stuff work there and I'm not sure if modifying anything there would be a good idea. + I simply don't have an access to stuff like this.

What I had in mind though, was:

- Allow members to create their own characters (class and stuff like this)

- I'd design enemies by giving them stats and skills

- I'd write a simple battle script in Ace, that would allow me to simulate battles*

* - a simple visualized simulation with the background, perhaps some sprites and HP bars~

Now battles would look like this:

A member is giving me a chain of skills, let's say something like this

[1,3,4,2,3,1,3,2,4,2]

(where numbers represent the skill ID)

and I'd just put that into the script, simulate the battle and record it->upload to yt as a private video and put on forums.

Members could fight against monsters solo/together (party) or versus ~ On Versus Mode, members would send me their chain of skills via PM (to not reveal tactics) and I'd just simulate the battles.

To prevent from spam and me overworking myself ~ everybody would have Energy Points like in these silly browser games.

Imagine events like Arenas and perhaps the winners would receive forum banners?

I know the idea is actually stupid, but it's an RPG related forum, so I'm really thinking of making an RPG game in here. Perhaps it would motivate people to work on theirs. ^^

@Rikifive: congrats for being a mod in this spammy world! XD

Still can't believe though that my "ban the person above you" got a lot of spam posts...