kUhJORf.png

When a fourth dimensional power that is used by mankind takes a turn for the worst.

Genre's
Fantasy, Science Fiction, RPG

Average Playthrough Time: 30 Minutes

Game Progression: About 5.6% 

Recruitment: 
Developer (Dungeons, Areas, Events. Someone to help take the load off)
CG Character Artist

Story
Our story begins with three friends who have decided to go an academy of their choosing to master the ways of combat. During the graduation ceremony a report has come in that a nearby village has been attacked by an unknown monster. Where did this monster come from, and why is it here? Afterwards you set out to find just what or who summoned the creature in the first place, and why they led it to attack the village.
In Iniquitous each decision you make can have far or short reaching consequences so think carefully before you pick your next choice.

Features
Butterfly Effect Decisions
Romance Stories
Custom Enemy Graphics

Screenshots

SAWRRrD.png

ONTMX9J.png

CcXViTc.png

DbZGicJ.png

Main Characters

Leo

Leo is our player character of the story. He had a hard life growing up, but now lives with his brother Mark.

Mark

Mark is a energetic, and determined person. He is known to be serious, but not to often. He always tries his hand at the ladies though is almost always shot down. His favorite hobby is teasing his brother Leo.

Syra

Syra is the best friend of Mark and Leo. They met her when the first moved to the town they live in now.

Celene

Celene is a new acquaintance of the group. She doesn't talk much, and tends not to like other people. Not much is known about her past or why she doesn't like people.

Credits go to.

Music
Tanner Helland

Lord Vectra
Purple Phantom
Neryan
Rezanta
Nick5200
Riddle

Plugins
Yanfly
Leonardo Misseno Justino
Mt. Trivel
Reedo
Galenmereth
Soulpour777
Terrax

This is Dreadnought Interactive's newest and most ambitous game to date. This is the prologue chapter of the game, and we are currently still fixing the dialogue and text, but it's playable now.
If you like the game, and wish to keep up with its development then stop by the Project Iniquitous development blog for the latest updates
Project Iniquitous Development

Or perhaps you want to contribute to the creation of the game, and help us hire even better people to work on the game to take the game even further? Then feel free to check out our Patreon
Support Project Iniquitous

Now I'm sure your ready to go ahead and play the game. Here is the download link.

Change Log

7/22/2016

• Added a item popup for items gained
  • Introduced 4 new characters and quests involving each
  • Overhauled all the enemies to a new design
  • New bugs no doubt
  • Added and removed from credits
  • A brand shiny new title screen
  • Tweaked the combat mechanics a bit

6/24/2016: Version 1.2.8
  • Fixed a game breaking bug with the Silent Runner Prologue. 

6/8/2016: Version 1.2.7

• Fixed a few spelling errors
  • A large bug fix
  • Added to the credits

5/6/2016: Version1.2
  • Grammar Corrections
  • Fixing of misspells
  • Additions to the Environment that the player can interact with.  

5/3/2016: Prologue Chapter Released Version 1.0

I hope you all enjoy it! ^.^
Edited by Ragnos

Iniquitous Version 1.2 has been released. Fixing quite a few errors in the text. 

A few lines have also been rewritten. 

Feel free to leave feedback on your experience. ^.^

Alright, I've finished it.

Now I am a bad critic, but I shall say what caught my attention the most.

I have no complaints about battle system.

Tho I think the story started bit too fast, or maybe it's just me.

We have too little time to get used to the main character, and immediately we have a full party. :D

I liked how in beginning you can scour the house for items immediately.

Also the spell animations are nice.

But as for the story, that's the only thing I have to say. It starts too fast.

How about letting us play through some adventures with the main char while he is still in academy.

Doing some stuff for the people of the academy.

That could be some minor questline, it would be just enough to come to know or get used to the main character.

And also, that would be a fine and slow starting point of getting to know the world we are playing in aswell.

EDIT1: Oh and I forgot to mention the OST of your game. I like it.

Keep it calm and simple on overworld map and when player roams the dungeon.

And fierce and fiery in battles.

EDIT2: "Story is like a song. The rythm must be sustained, and order maintained."

Edited by Nick5200

After downloading and playing the game's demo, I have to say that the battle system is nice, and I have the same battle spoils as you do. :3 (I don't need as much of a credits roll at the end thanks to Yanfly)

Something that irks me is the lesser amount of exploration you can do. Sure, it's a paralogue, but it's slightly annoying to not see what there is to offer. Another thing is how the player doesn't get a feel for Leo at the beginning of the game. But my critiques stop there.

For what I liked, I loved the path changes and dialogue interactions the player has, which is something few games do. I also want to say that everyone's support really seemed to pay off for the beginning of this game. (Yes, that means you Vectra and Lone :D )

As for grammar, there's a few missing comas and one slight cut-off in one of Mark's skills, but easy to follow none-the-less.

I give this game a 4.5 out of 5! :cheers:

After downloading and playing the game's demo, I have to say that the battle system is nice, and I have the same battle spoils as you do. :3 (I don't need as much of a credits roll at the end thanks to Yanfly)

Something that irks me is the lesser amount of exploration you can do. Sure, it's a paralogue, but it's slightly annoying to not see what there is to offer. Another thing is how the player doesn't get a feel for Leo at the beginning of the game. But my critiques stop there.

For what I liked, I loved the path changes and dialogue interactions the player has, which is something few games do. I also want to say that everyone's support really seemed to pay off for the beginning of this game. (Yes, that means you Vectra and Lone :D )

As for grammar, there's a few missing comas and one slight cut-off in one of Mark's skills, but easy to follow none-the-less.

I give this game a 4.5 out of 5! :cheers:

Thanks, man. Yeah the prologue does feature little exploration, but all that comes in the first Chapter which I have been working on for quite a while. I'm currently setting up Crafting, Skill Levels, and the start of the Laegjarn's Chest Quest line. 

I really appreciate the feedback, and I glad you enjoyed it. More to come in the Chapter 1 Release ^.^. 

I like this game a lot so far, I'm downloading the latest version :)

I'm glad that you enjoy it. Hearing that really motivates me  to work more on the game. 

Right now the Iniquitous Team has really been rolling lately with battle systems, and mapping. If things keep going at this rate I'd peg the Chapter 1 release around September, if not then probably October, but I hope its not that late.

I updated the game a bit. As it turns out the grammar and spelling editor tried to add an event to the game and failed to add a Self switch to turn off the auto run. Which as you can guess caused the game to "break" during the Prologue Chapter. 

I honestly can't believe I never noticed it before. Gah, I'm an idiot. 

Anyway the new updated version has been uploaded and ready to go.

Well I ran through the prologue a couple of times. Here's a brief little summary of how my playthrough went and my little notes on the design philosophies in the game.

In short: It's a nice, fairly straightforward rpg that I personally think leans a little too much on the tropes of the jrpg classic.

I initially chose the runner class since ranged combat usually clicks with me a bit better, although I was a little disappointed in this choice later since it's just buffs and debuffs only. The character dialogue seemed fairly predictable, but overall well written, so that's not necessarily bad. Sharp-tongued girl, snarker brother, reclusive newcomer. The only person I didn't like (which I'll mention later) is the main character Leo.

I also wanted to try and test the game for any bad balance or glitches. I tried unequipping everything to see how far I could get without it and how it would affect balance in the beginning area. When the inventory screen popped up when I left I thought the game would force me to wear the starting gear, but you can just close it and leave. It seemed strange that the menu popped up for no reason there.

Beating the first monster without a weapon (and with the girl's help) was understandably easy. However, I almost got stuck during the academy graduation fight not because I had no gear on, but because Leo got wounded in the tutorial fight and neither the main character nor Syra heal after the first two fights (Syra still had wounds from the slime attack on the path to the academy). I later learn this is a bug since this doesn't happen in the other academies if you go on a different path, but I did end up getting killed almost instantly in the graduation fight despite using both potions. I easily won the second time though.

Additionally, it stood out as a little weird that you get attacked on the way to the academy in a fight you have to win, and then in the next fight it explains the basics of fighting. It seems kind of redundant explaining the mechanics of the particular class you chose at that point. I would imagine you felt the need to break up the dialogue with some action, but that cut-in fight during the walk to the academy just made the tutorial seem awkward.

After the hero academy things are pretty much on rails all the way to the end of the prologue. Everyone meets up, new character introduced, a slightly vague tactical decision, and a boss which ended pretty easily with a party of four. Getting put on a chain all the way up to the end made things a little harder to enjoy though. The dark figure standing over the cliff with an  "all going to plan" line was overly cliche, but wrapped things up nicely.

My final thoughts about how things went:

Technical aspects were pretty solid. Good grammar, no large glitches, effects all nice. I think there was one instance of uncolored text in the beginning from Syra where she is talking in white for some reason, and there was the thing I mentioned about not getting health after having time pass in the plot in the runner academy. Good overall there.

I did end up playing through a couple of times because I wanted to see if there were any differences if you chose the other classes, and you tout a story where decisions have huge impacting decisions. I was pleasantly surprised in this area. The dialogue does change depending on your class, and it influences the characters. Like If you go to the magic academy you learn how the mage girl gets bullied, and you end up preventing it, so when you reunite with your friends she is friendlier and open instead of being so distant. This isn't as notable with the other characters when you choose different classes though. Overall, little things like this are small, but help seal the idea of meaningful decisions in a game. It makes the story seem more intelligent. I actually enjoyed just playing through the game several times up to the path to the boss just to see the different dialogues and how characters change depending on whether or not you spent time away from them in the beginning.

I'd imagine in the overall longer game this could have much more noticeable results and more opportunities to change the story and go on branching paths depending on things like which problems you help a character with, and how may times you spend time with a character. Such as the mage girl becomes cold and reclusive witch if you don't help her with anything, or your allies come to see you as more of a team leader figure if you balance how much time you spend with everyone equally.

The only thing I didn't really care for story-wise is the main character is a little dull in his dialogue. His dialogue isn't necessarily bad, but he just seems a little neutral and underdeveloped when surrounded by more distinct characters. It seems like he is always the one who pushes events forward and that doesn't give him as much room to say anything that makes him stand out like the other characters. He is always the one who says "we need to get going" or "we need to focus on the golem" and "yes, I acknowledge this decision I made". Things like this are necessary, but don't add to the character and can cause underdevelopment if it happens all the time. Try letting other characters acknowledge what needs to be done and push things forward every now and then too.

Also, the whole vague decision about charging forward or splitting up to attack the boss was just plain silly. Potentially punishing or rewarding the player on a guess is not good. It would be different if it was a choice between searching for survivors and attacking, since it could give the player at least some idea of what to expect, but it's still vague. You may also consider branching levels there where the player either goes through the town looking for people and gathering items or attacking the boss outright and getting some kind of damage bonus on it.

Lastly, the battles are a little plain. Like I mentioned, I unequipped all my gear and generally had few problems just beating everyone to death with my fists despite being the ranged class. Skills don't really have any impact. Buffs don't really add meaningful changes, and magic attacks are more or less all the same other than elemental resistances. Mashing attack isn't the most effective, but it is a little too reliable that it undermines the tactical aspects of everything else. Also, why are they called "weapon skills" if they aren't specific to the weapon?

Overall, there is some decent potential. Focus on tweaking the battles and classes in the future. If you are going with a class system, try something like Diablo-esque games where the player's primary attacks are skills themselves that are unique to the class and the weapons they use. Maybe it's a just my opinion, but I think this feel better and takes away the player's tendency to lean on the "attack" button. You could add some unique tactical options to the attacks themselves, such as the wielder's class attack is the poison darts and can poison but deal no damage, and the mage attacks with fire as a primary, but enemies tend to resist fire more often. Just try rethinking how battles work a bit and there will be a lot to look forward to.

Thats about it I think. Hope it helps, and good luck.

Edited by Blindga

Well I ran through the prologue a couple of times. Here's a brief little...

Thank you for the feedback, and I hoped you enjoyed what it had to offer at least. I've been planning on going back over the prologue to give it a "New coat of paint" once I had a lot of feedback on it, and you really helped push that along. I believe with this I'll be able to start on a 1.3 release soon.

Thank you for your time Blindga. I really appreciate it.

INIQUITOUS Version 1.3.0 is here and a almost completely overhauled Prologue, now featuring new enemy designs and new scripts and introduces four new characters to every prologue. Grab it now to see the changes!

The Project Iniquitous team has been working extremely hard on the Iniquitous Project, and have brought you the new version of of the prologue chapter. Work on the first chapter has been progressing really well and we even have a little teaser to show you about the development on Chapter 1, but that is for the end of this post. The new version has been posted in the download page so go ahead and grab it if you wish.

Also if you wish to help us develop the game you can always take a visit to our Patreon page where we can use all the help we can get, or you can always tell others about the game and give feedback because that is always appreciated.

Now for a update on our Chapter 1 work and were we are so far. Here is an image of the chapter introduction art.

Chapter1Iniquitous.png

Work on chapter 1 has been focused mostly on creating new areas and creating dungeons and new quests and there is still a lot of work to be done before we are able to give a stable release and we may consider giving our backers a release ahead of time. Most work currently is work on a Mining Town called Ironstar and a quest involving lost children inside the mining. So far we are working on the mechanics of the dungeon and work on a random loot system is in place.

As always Dreadnought Interactive appreciates all of your support.

Got a little progress update for everyone. 

Iniquitous may soon see CG scenes placed into the game, as well as some custom battle background, but I haven't confirmed that yet. 

Lately I have been working on adding quests and hating the RTP dungeon tileset since its hard to really spruce the place up with a bunch of objects.

The next release of Iniquitous will definitely be a Chapter 1 release allowing people to explore and do quests in the first area of the game, however it will more then likely have a few things unfinished that will take a while to complete. 

But I'll have you know that the Iniquitous team has been working on it quite a lot.