Meinos Kaen

Yanfly CTB Problem - Crash on Battle

Hey, there. A good morning from Italy.

I'm experimenting with a few plugins and now I've run into a problem that I guess pertains to the CTB Battle System plugin by Yanfly. The game starts but I suddenly can't battle test anything anymore so I guess the same would happen if I battled in the game proper. This didn't happen before but it happens now and from what I understand of the log, it says that there's the word 'user' placed somewhere wrongly, so that the software can't identify it. Problem is, I can't figure out exactly where the problem is.

This is the console log at crash. Hope you can help me some way.

ReferenceError: user is not defined                                                                rpg_managers.js:1722                                                                                                             
    at Game_Actor.eval (eval at <anonymous> (file:///C:/Users/seven/Documents/Games/Manjoume/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysCTB.js:1512:39), <anonymous>:1:1)
    at Game_Actor.Game_Battler.onCTBStart (file:///C:/Users/seven/Documents/Games/Manjoume/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysCTB.js:1512:22)
    at Game_Party.Game_Unit.onCTBStart (file:///C:/Users/seven/Documents/Games/Manjoume/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysCTB.js:2032:26)
    at Function.BattleManager.startCTB (file:///C:/Users/seven/Documents/Games/Manjoume/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysCTB.js:746:16)
    at Function.BattleManager.startBattle (file:///C:/Users/seven/Documents/Games/Manjoume/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysCTB.js:718:12)
    at Function.BattleManager.startBattle (file:///C:/Users/seven/Documents/Games/Manjoume/js/plugins/YEP_PartySystem.js:1317:46)
    at Scene_Battle.start (file:///C:/Users/seven/Documents/Games/Manjoume/js/rpg_scenes.js:2033:19)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (file:///C:/Users/seven/Documents/Games/Manjoume/js/rpg_managers.js:1783:25)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (file:///C:/Users/seven/Documents/Games/Manjoume/js/rpg_managers.js:1754:14)
    at Function.SceneManager.update (file:///C:/Users/seven/Documents/Games/Manjoume/js/rpg_managers.js:1680:14)rpg_managers.js:1722
SceneManager.catchException                    rpg_managers.js:1683
SceneManager.update                                 rpg_managers.js:1683 

Edit: Deleting and putting the Plugin back in fixed it but I'm still curious as to what exactly I did wrong. I guess I put 'user' somewhere it should not have been but where exactly? Mah.

Edited by Meinos Kaen

It may have been a version issue. If you had several Yanfly plugins, maybe the CTB was outdated and didn't correspond to other plugins.

Also alignment and saving the project can mess with this (sometimes you have to save, reopen project and allow everything to refresh - as annoying as it is).

Also, a future note: Sometimes depending on various battle plugins, Battle Test won't work anyway. You have to test ingame battles instead. Some battle plugins only trigger when playtesting - not entirely sure what one(s) it was, but just a heads up. Test in game first before worrying~