That's right, I'm makin' a game. Deal with it.  :P

Here's how it's played

Someone posts the name of a song. The next person creates an RPG skill based on it. Here's an example:

"Blurry"  --> Blinds all foes.

The rules are simple. 

Song requirements:

• Song Title
  • Artist(s) (optional)
  • Link to lyrics or except of lyrics (optional)

Be mindful of the songs you post. There are forum rules we must (try) to abide by. 

Skill requirements: 

• It should be something that you would see as an in-game description of a skill. Things to consider are but not limited, too Scope, Element, and any special effects. Damage is arbitrary, but if you want to note that it's "average" hi-power", etc, that's fine as well.
  • Class (optional)- If you really want to get into it, post what character class uses the skill.
  • Making the skill just based on the song title is fine, but ideally should capture the theme or message of the song.

Maybe this game will help us come up with some interesting skills  :D I'll start with an easy one:

"Rise Up"

"Angel Feathers" - scope: all allies

Heals all allies depending on the volume of the choir of the bgm.

(I hope i did that right... if so, WOO!)

"Baywatch"

Other than skipping the song I posted, yeah.  :P

Baywatch- Causes all enemies to move in slow motion, sharply lowering AGL and attack speed for 2 turns. 

"Blinded in Chains"

Edited by lonequeso

Blinded In Chains -> Ability to see through people's topless busts and all nips are censored, regardless of gender. +200 billion to Defense and -500 million to agility... chains weigh alot. scope: one enemy or self.

"Crane's Crying" - by Vitas

Rise Up - Resurrects one ally using the power of an ancient phoenix spell.

Unravel - Slowly peels apart the layers of the opponent's mind until they're left utterly insane, as though their sanity has been unravelled. (...I've got to stop being so bloody dark about everything...)

Hell's Bells. Says the person who just said to herself to stop being so bloody dark.

Yell Fire - A type of fire formed through specific sounds. It burns the enemies' minds, causing them intense pain. Has a chance to inflict confusion depending on their Mdf compared to your Mat. The higher their Mdf and the lower the user's Mat, the higher the chances are and the higher the damage is. Flavor text: Those with steadfast minds beware, as it will consume you.

c = b.mdf/a.mat ; if c >= 0.5 ; b.add_state(x) ; end ; 100*c

EDIT:

Crap I got ninja'd

Lillium - Invokes good memories to everyone that listens to it, and then twists those memories into horrible nightmares. Weakens the listeners' Mat and Mdf. Also deals damage to their MP. Flavor text: The bane of all casters.

Braveheart :D

Edited by magic2345

@lone well, I misread then XD sorry 'bout that.

Lonely Spaceman- deals small damage on solid enemies, while triple damage on amorphous enemies.

"Thriller"

"Thriller"

Makes the enemy frightened, which makes him less likely target the character, who cast that spell.

Damage: ---

Scope: One Enemy

Element: Ailment

*balls*

"Like a Rolling Stone"

Turns the character into boulder, that rapidly runs through enemies.

Damage: Moderate

Scope: All Enemies

Element: Earth

Required Class: Berserk / Golem-ish like characters?

"Heavy" ~Lauri

Brothers - Instantly turns all dead people in battle into a zombie. zombies convert others when successfully biting others, with a 25% CHANCE if DEF is higher than 200, and decreases per every 100, or increasese to 50% CHANCE if 100 or less DEF rating.

Rize of the Fenix - Tenacious D

"Rize of the Fenix"

Scope: All dead allies.

Summon skill. Tenacious D appears in a poof of smoke and begin shredding on their guitars drawing your allies' souls back to their bodies and restores 25% of their 

Max HP. Each revived ally then joins Tenacious D in a ferocious combo upon their foes.

The cutscene for the Summon cannot be skipped, but who would want to?  :P High risk high reward skill. The more dead allies you have in the battle, the stronger it is, but the chances of being wiped increase as well.

"Ramble On" -Led Zepplin

*please don't use pay for music sites :P

Ramble on- all enemies. the actor rambles unceasingly, increasing decibels upon each word, until the enemies begin to bleed from their ear holes, and they are no longer able to hear another when attempting to coordinate their attacks. thus causing wide spread panic, mass confusion and hysteria for the enemies. it said that npcs beyond the field of battle can hear the words spoken by the actor when they reach the last few words of the rambling.

Last Man Standing - Hammerfall - 

"Last Man Standing"

Gathers energy from fallen allies raising character's stats. Allies cannot be revived.

Can be used only when all allies are dead.

Damage/Effect: Fully restores Health | All parameters (MHP/MMP/ATK/DEF/MAG/MDEF/AGI/LUK) are increased for each fallen ally at rate of 40% of dead character's stats.

Scope: User

Element: Ailment / Special

Required Class: Male Character

"The Final Countdown" ~Europe

Name: The Final Countdown

Description: Use your necromantic powers to summon Death into battle. Death falls into battlefield 6 turns after being summoned, killing a random enemy or ally.

Damage/Effect: Instantly kills a random enemy or ally 6 turns after being cast. Caster has fewer chance of being killed.

Scope: All

Element: None

Required Class: Necromancer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

Edited by Thaletos

Ooo... Good one. I was thinkin' about this one myself. I was wondering how long it would take for "Final Countdown" to get posted :)

"Bohemian Rhapsody"

Class: Bard

The user regails with an epic song to motivate his allies and strike fear and doubt into their foes. Raises all allies' ATK, MAT and lowers all enemies ATK, MAT.

Next on the playlist: " Baa Baa Black Sheep"

(yep. A children's song. Will the next poster fill us with childlike wonder ir twist it into something dark and horrific? Stay tuned to find out!=D)