Lord Vectra

Character Design - Orc Brute

As some may know, I recently started character design (4 days ago to be exact).

Orc Brutes (assuming by their name) has a full offensive skillset. Orc Brutes are like mini-generals who lead much smaller units. They may lead about 3 - 6 orcs.

His left arm is made of metal encase there would be any confusion. I haven't done his eyes yet (his pupils).

6jKGncF.jpg

What do you think?

Edited by Lord Vectra

to me the arm muscles, the torso and legs look weird, they are all weird sizes, i suggest you look at body figures to give u an idea of how to get it looking right.

Unless thats the point to make it look malformed(i think thats the word and how its spelt) then good job. I also think the hands can go a bit bigger. Other than that i think u did an alright job :)

I was trying to make it 3D-ish. His position is like this: 

incredible-hulk-scream.jpg

I was trying to do perspective with the legs, arms, and body. But I do see your point now that I'm looking at this pic lol.

Edited by Lord Vectra

thing about that picture and yours, is that u are also showing the feet, but the picture only shows his upper thighs. and your legs and feet are really sharp. Work on those legs :) and those hips and make arms longer and hands bigger you will eventually get there :). It takes time and patience to get a good picture :)

My pic is a battler so I had to show the feet and the movie doesn't show Hulk's feet in that stance. I was using that stance, not the muscles. The Hulk is way too huge to fit in my game.

"Yes! I killed the Spider King!"

*turns around*

"What the....?"

Anyways, the Orc Brute doesn't have vehicle-sized muscles, but I am trying to use the stance. I was getting confused with the legs and torso because it looked odd but now I know what's wrong with it.

Pointy feet? Yes, I guess that was a rookie mistake on my part.

When I think 'brute' I don't think of a leader; stronger than your average unit, sure, but an elite unit at best.

Again, keeping with the term 'brute'; I don't think of defined muscles, I think a block of mass. I think of an expressionless face, because active rage or hate requires a motivation they don't have the mental faculties to possess.

Leader's tend to be valued units and so would probably have better equipment than the average unit to keep them alive.

The unit looks too 'clean'; lots of combat experience tends to leave a few scars.

When I think 'brute' I don't think of a leader; stronger than your average unit, sure, but an elite unit at best.

Again, keeping with the term 'brute'; I don't think of defined muscles, I think a block of mass. I think of an expressionless face, because active rage or hate requires a motivation they don't have the mental faculties to possess.

Leader's tend to be valued units and so would probably have better equipment than the average unit to keep them alive.

The unit looks too 'clean'; lots of combat experience tends to leave a few scars.

Totally agree on this one. Make him have battle scars to show how dangerous he is compared to others, maybe even scare players :)

First thing first, study human anatomy. You don't need to be like a medical expert or anything, but get a feeling for how muscles connect.

One thing that's real easy to mess up and real hard to draw right, is where the arm connects to the torso. That bump on the underside of

the upper arm, and the line toward the middle of the chest (above which would be nipples, if Orcs were mammals), would basically be the

pectoral, and should be just one line. I think you meant for that bump to be like the Hulk's biceps(triceps?), which would place it further

down the arm, way outside of the chest. Remember that in the reference picture the Hulk is holding his arms back.

Other than that, learn proportions(Human body, not math :P...although...).

And good luck!

Needs shading to show the depth.

I know but thank you

First thing first, study human anatomy. You don't need to be like a medical expert or anything, but get a feeling for how muscles connect.

One thing that's real easy to mess up and real hard to draw right, is where the arm connects to the torso. That bump on the underside of

the upper arm, and the line toward the middle of the chest (above which would be nipples, if Orcs were mammals), would basically be the

pectoral, and should be just one line. I think you meant for that bump to be like the Hulk's biceps(triceps?), which would place it further

down the arm, way outside of the chest. Remember that in the reference picture the Hulk is holding his arms back.

Other than that, learn proportions(Human body, not math :P ...although...).

And good luck!

Thank you for the input. I'll check up on that again, later (learning the human anatomy).