Before I continue, there is something you should know first...

In the first generation (World of Chaos I - VI), the Gods pick one of each class: Templar, Mage, Battlemage, Warrior, and Assassin)

Battlemage is a "junction" class of warrior and mage. They have their own skillset and have their own weapon (Battlestaves). Then, I thought, "should their be more junction classes?"

For example, 

Juggernaut Assassin (Warrior + Assassin)

Templar Mage (Templar + Mage)

Templar Assassin (Templar + Assassin)

Warlock Assassin (Mage + Assassin)

Templar Warrior (Templar + Warrior) <= This class will be explained

Is Templars and Warriors kinda close?

Templar and warrior will, automatically, seem extremely close but they are not. Templars use mostly Holy (or Darkness) and Earth.Warriors use any other element (they can also use Darkness). I always felt that Templars should be their own class because they could be much more if they were their own class.

For example, each class has subclasses and Templars, by themselves, could do much more with subclasses tailored to only them as compared to it being a subclass of the warrior.

My problem

I think having 10 classes (this includes the Junction classes) would be too much considering that each will have their subclasses. So, I guess my real question is...

do you think I should just take the extra junction classes and make them subclasses of other classes? For example, the subclass, Bounty Hunter (Juggernaut Assassin) would go into the warrior subclasses instead of it being it's own class.

And do you think it would matter which one I pick? Meaning, in the player's perspective.

What I'm getting from this is:

Class System Type 1:

Completing base class unlocks combinational classes.

Completing Warrior Class + Completing Mage Class = Unlocks Battlemage Class

Class System Type 2: 

Classes starts out broad then becomes more and more specialized.

Main Class: Templar

Only 1 subclass can be equipped at a time:

Subclass Branch 1: Super Templar

Only 1 subsubclass can be equipped at one time:

Subsubclass Branch 1: Hyper Templar

Subsubclass Branch 2: Mega Templar

Subclass Branch 2: Ice Templar

Subsubclass Branch 1: Freeze Templar

Subsubclass Branch 2: Snow Templar

Subclass Branch 3: Fire Templar

Subsubclass Branch 1: Torch Templar

Subsubclass Branch 2: Blaze Templar

Personality, I prefer Type 2, probably due to my history of mmorpg gaming, however either types' effectiveness depends on what you are trying to portray.

- Linear story type games should follow type 2 as characters are a representation of their class and vice versa.

- More open world type games should follow type 1 as characters can be practically anything and it also allows the player to freely build entire parties to their liking.

I try not to make any of the junction classes better than the regular classes.

Though, I do see what you're talking about. 1 is similar to Kingdoms of Alamur: Reckoning where you can be any combination of might, stealth, and magic (or all 3). 2 is, in a way, similar to Dragon Age.

Hmmmm, so that leads to my last question:

Is having 10 classes too much considering they will have, at least, 3 subclasses each? Or would it be easy because people usually automatically know Mage, Templar, Warrior, and Assassin and the names of the juction classes kinda give away what combination they are?