spookyvibes

Is there a way to make my screen flicker?

In my game, the player enters a dark room and picks up a lantern. After she picks the lantern up I made the screen tint so that it's lighter, but I was wondering if there was a way to make it so that the whole screen flickers? I'd prefer not to use a script but I will if theres no other option, I'll just need a very detailed explanation on how to use it since I'm a total noob with scripts haha :lol:

You could make it with events if you wanted, but it might make the game laggy D: It'll also probably look kind of weird. I haven't tried it, but I have an idea XD

What you could do is make an event (or common event) on parallel process. You'd need several ideas of tints beforehand, but what would happen is like:

Tint Screen: (some form of dark)

Wait: 10 frames

Tint Screen: (something less dark)

Wait: 15 frames

Tint Screen: (something bright)

Wait: 5 frames

Tint Screen: (something dark again)

If you put it on parallel process it would loop over and over :) And I think (key word here hahaha) that it would produce a flickery kind of effect. It might look funny though, and maybe a little bit of tinkering XD

You could make it with events if you wanted, but it might make the game laggy D: It'll also probably look kind of weird. I haven't tried it, but I have an idea XD

What you could do is make an event (or common event) on parallel process. You'd need several ideas of tints beforehand, but what would happen is like:

If you put it on parallel process it would loop over and over :) And I think (key word here hahaha) that it would produce a flickery kind of effect. It might look funny though, and maybe a little bit of tinkering XD

XD Tsarmina beat me to it.

Here's something that is, technically, the same thing but a faster flick.

@>Tint Screen: (-255,-255,-255,0), @2, Wait (Black)

@>Tint Screen: (0,0,0,0), @2 Wait (Normal)

Like she said, doing parallel process will work. IF YOU USE AUTORUN, it will make all other events stop until you stop looping it. It's basically Parallel Process but it neutralizes all currently active events of any kind.

It is similar to Tsarmina but it is a much faster flicker

XD Tsarmina beat me to it.

Here's something that is, technically, the same thing but a faster flick.

@>Tint Screen: (-255,-255,-255,0), @2, Wait (Black)

@>Tint Screen: (0,0,0,0), @2 Wait (Normal)

Like she said, doing parallel process will work. IF YOU USE AUTORUN, it will make all other events stop until you stop looping it. It's basically Parallel Process but it neutralizes all currently active events of any kind.

It is similar to Tsarmina but it is a much faster flicker

Thank you so much guys, it works!!