[POLL CLOSED. See the latest posts for the actual results]  

20 members have voted

1. 1. [POLL CLOSED. See the latest posts for the actual results] Who will win the top spot?

• Nirwanda | Pathway - Desire
    • Chadzter01 | Dreams Beneath
  2. 2. [POLL CLOSED. See the latest posts for the actual results] Who will claim the prize for 5th place?

• RoooodWorks | Story of Chibs
    • Zielach | The Great Journey of the Brave Miner The Cave of the Unholy Treasure of the Undead King
    • Tsarmina | Soluna

Now you can relax for real! :3

About my game, I was a bit too slow in making the graphics and I couldn't put the plot and story events in. So it currently feels very empty :P

...Well, there's always IIAW 6. If Jackus makes it

Hey Jackus, could you add a note about controller support with my DL link? I really want people to know they can enjoy it with a controller...

Congrats everyone, I played some interesting games this morning, and if the files aren't too big, I'll be playing more. Good luck!

Also, Jackus, I never did see if you put the scoring criteria up. I have been keenly interested in the 60 points for some time now.

As some of you may or may not know, I'm judging this time around. If you'd like to see your game played just follow me on my Twitch!
The Dr is in the house. 
IIAW5Judge.png

I'll be streaming tonight around 10PM CST!

Edited by DrassRay-Jacob

Welp ; ;

Due to a certain real-life event, I just couldn't reach the forum for a few days...

But hey, at least there's quite a lot of entry this time around.

So for you guys who submitted to the contest...

*piano starts playing in the background*

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!/Congratulations!

Thank you all, for participating... XD

Meanwhile, I'm just going to listen to this here ; ;

Edited by Naoto Akashosu

FYI : my game has a bug that breaks game when u retry battle, but u can avoid pressing this and just load from last saves (there are about 2 saves very close together, and most battles are easy anyway, so shouldn't die so long as ur mouse isnt targeted at yourself when u want to hit enemies and u heal often).

Welp, I completely and utterly failed at even starting my idea for this. I guess this gives me a good idea of what I'll be able to accomplish in future contests, which is absolutely jack squat. Buuuuut, it doesn't even look my username was added to the list in the first place anyway, so Karma, I guess? :lol:

So yeah, I won't be attempting to participate in future contests :mellow: , sadly, because this looks like a lot of fun. I need to focus on my actual game project and work.

I hope everyone else had fun!
<3

My game dreams beneath has a bug(its not game breaking but its a bug)

1. When retrying to play hide and seek on the second map the map goes dark.

2. inside the bathroom puzzle, when you go out of the room the game will freeze(though no need to go out because you cant get out of the room without finishing the puzzle)

I just want you guys to know. =3

Welp, I completely and utterly failed at even starting my idea for this. I guess this gives me a good idea of what I'll be able to accomplish in future contests, which is absolutely jack squat. Buuuuut, it doesn't even look my username was added to the list in the first place anyway, so Karma, I guess? :lol:

So yeah, I won't be attempting to participate in future contests :mellow: , sadly, because this looks like a lot of fun. I need to focus on my actual game project and work.

I hope everyone else had fun! <3

Wait what how did I miss you :o

I hope someone discovered the capture mechanic of Wood&Marble. It's basically Othello, if anyone's familiar with that game. I meant to write a simple AI that randomly picked pieces and moves, but it turned

out to be waaay harder than I had originally thought. As per usual, my weakness is presentation; I'm rethinking my design philosophy, so that next time I'll focus on making a tutorial level before focusing on implementing all the rules properly. Basically, if there's one complete tutorial level and nothing else, the rules can be bent a little; The rules don't have to be as robust.

The idea was to have multiple encounters, like battles with pokemon trainers, where you play Wood&Marble as a minigame in a larger game of cave exploration and treasure hunting.

Still, if anyone finds a bug in the piece selection, movement, capture mechanics, please let me know.

I hope someone discovered the capture mechanic of Wood&Marble. It's basically Othello, if anyone's familiar with that game. I meant to write a simple AI that randomly picked pieces and moves, but it turned

out to be waaay harder than I had originally thought. As per usual, my weakness is presentation; I'm rethinking my design philosophy, so that next time I'll focus on making a tutorial level before focusing on implementing all the rules properly. Basically, if there's one complete tutorial level and nothing else, the rules can be bent a little; The rules don't have to be as robust.

The idea was to have multiple encounters, like battles with pokemon trainers, where you play Wood&Marble as a minigame in a larger game of cave exploration and treasure hunting.

Still, if anyone finds a bug in the piece selection, movement, capture mechanics, please let me know.

Oh Othello ~ nice work with eventing the mechanics! ^^

Though, what if...

zwvflGi.png

I blocked da marble. (RIP two pieces of wood surrounded by marble.)

:3

That's another thing. And my roommate  complained about this. Because each piece is two tiles (they're supposed to look 3D) their actual position on the board can be hard to tell. You see, the game ends when a player has no more possible moves, but you haven't blocked all of Marble's moves yet. The top row is still available, it just doesn't look like it because it's covered up by the top tiles of the pieces on the row below.

,_, It is a very confusing game, I must admit.

That's both events and a script, actually. The capture mechanics is a method in the Gameboard class, but it's called from an event.

Edited by Aletheos

I hope everyone else had fun! <3

Same happened to me.

My game has a few bugs might want to say them

1. The secret ending does not work. if you can decrypt the game and fix the last switch it works but not now
  2. no endings... the final boss works but the end card wasn't turned on yet it said "good job but there is a better ending" and good job for the endings

Also the first boss is meant for LVL 15 for testing and 30 for final boss

*bump*

Lol.
A name change, 2 avatar changes and a whole loada judging later, we're still not done :o

While the last few judges finish off their judging, I thought i'd show the award icons on offer this time around.

iiaw5gold.png Golden Cake - 1st Place
iiaw5silver.png Silver Cake - 2nd Place
iiaw5bronze.png Bronze Cake - 3rd Place

Credits to @Loriesquare for these awesome icons! :lol:

Seeya anytime in the next week or so for the final results! Good luck to you all and thanks for competing ;)