[POLL CLOSED. See the latest posts for the actual results]  

20 members have voted

1. 1. [POLL CLOSED. See the latest posts for the actual results] Who will win the top spot?

• Nirwanda | Pathway - Desire
    • Chadzter01 | Dreams Beneath
  2. 2. [POLL CLOSED. See the latest posts for the actual results] Who will claim the prize for 5th place?

• RoooodWorks | Story of Chibs
    • Zielach | The Great Journey of the Brave Miner The Cave of the Unholy Treasure of the Undead King
    • Tsarmina | Soluna

Got sidetracked* playing Etrian Odyssey earlier today, but still going strong! (The project or the guild?)

Progress Report:

Database

Actors: 5/5

Classes: 4/4

Skills: 4/?

Items: 2/?

Weapons: 0/?

Armors: 0/?

Enemies: 0/?

Troops: 0/?

States: 7/?

Animations: 0/0 (Not planning to use customs.)

Tilesets: 0/0 (Not using custom tilesets, too...)

Common Events: 1/?

System: Almost done. (Mostly just adjusting BGMs)

Types: Not yet.

Terms: Not yet.

Not Database

Nothing yet lol. Not gonna expect to come that far in a short period...

*1 Boss, 1 Tannyn, 1 Senate Mission, 3 Sea Quests, 4 Pub Quests, 3.5 Floors, some voyages, and a dozen of FOES/small fries. Also, Olympia did nothing wrong.

Edited by Naoto Akashosu

Sorry, guys, I'm gonna quit. I will need to be out of town for a few days, and I haven't made what I want to be there. I won't be a judge too.

What?! i was supposed to beat you!!!

well if u leave i guess i win this war

There is always me to contend with~! Mwahahahahahahaha!

So apparently it's a thing where people report progress in terms of how much of their database they've completed, as if game design is done in SQL... hey that could actually be a thing

Well...

Actors: 0/4

Classes: 0/0

Skills: 0/0

Weapons: 0/0

Armors: 0/0

Items: 0/1

Enemies: 0/0

Troops: 0/0

Animations: 0/0

Tilesets: 0/0

Common Events: 0/0

Yupp, job well done. Expecting to get even more done tomorrow. Now it's time to play some KSP.

What, confused? It's just not that kind of game.

(Please please please, brain, don't stay up all night like yesterday, just 90 science and then bed, ok?)

So apparently it's a thing where people report progress in terms of how much of their database they've completed, as if game design is done in SQL... hey that could actually be a thing

Well...

Actors: 0/4

Classes: 0/0

Skills: 0/0

Weapons: 0/0

Armors: 0/0

Items: 0/1

Enemies: 0/0

Troops: 0/0

Tilesets: 0/0

Common Events: 0/0

Yupp, job well done. Expecting to get even more done tomorrow. Now it's time to play some KSP.

What, confused? It's just not that kind of game.

(Please please please, brain, don't stay up all night like yesterday, just 90 science and then bed, ok?)

KSP is fun. WoT is my thing now, lol.

My PR:

Actors: 2/2

Classes: 2/2

Skills: Done.

Weapons:Done.

Armors: Done.

Items:   ??/??  

Enemies:   ??/??  

Troops:  ??/?? 

Animations: Using RTP animations, so Done.

Tilesets: Done.

Common Events: Not using CE's, so Done.

Progress is going good.

Edited by Nyuuchan353

Progress reports! Yeah!

Actors: 98%

Classes: N/A

Skills: N/A

Weapons:N/A

Armors: N/A

Items:  N/A

Enemies:   N/A 

Troops:  N/A

Animations: 10%

Tilesets: 100%

Common Events: 100%

Mapping (I'm not the only one using maps, am I? :P): 33% (1 complete, and between 50-80% complete for the rest.

Ah yeah! Going strong! It doesn't have to be an RPG does it???

Hey this sounds like fun!

Actors: 3/3

Classes: 3/3

Skills: 1/??

Weapons:9/9.

Armors: 15/? (if we count accesories)

Items:   4/? 

Enemies:   9/?  

Troops:  13/?

Animations: 0/? I'm making a game in monochrome so all animations should be turned to black and white

Tilesets: Mostly done, though it's being done as needed.

Common Events: 2/3

Edited by Nirwanda

Actors: 1/1
Classes: 1/1
Skills: 0/10
Weapons:0/1
Armors: 0/1 
Items:   0/5
Enemies:   0/10 
Troops:  0/10
Animations: 0/??
Tilesets: not sure if i will edit it or use rtp, We will find out later
Common Events: n/a

mapping: 5 /7

-------------------------------

that is my update. I can only do a bit at a time a day Plus i have a 6 week old kitten to take care of :P.

Judges:

I'm covering Judges first, because this is the part where the differences from previous IIAWs come into play.

In past contests, I accepted anyone as a judge, but I have now realized how that is not as good of an idea as it seems.

As such, I will be reaching out to certain individuals asking if they would like to judge for the contest, and if they do then they will be judging. Simple.

If you still have an urge to be a judge anyway, please send me a PM outlining why you would make a good judge, and I may consider it.

The judges this time will also be semi-anonymous. That is, I will not be giving a list of judges, however if a judge wishes to tell people they are judging for the contest, that is perfectly okay. Because of this, there will be no judges list here, just this text.

And in case anyone is interested, yes I will be judging for the contest, as I always do, as well as overseeing the judging, and verifying that there is no false judging or bias.

All of this is in the hopes of eliminating unfair judging, and ensuring that your games get the scores they deserve~

OK, I didn't read this part... OK, now I'm feeling a bit stupid. But turns out I confused the dates, and it's only next week... But I still won't be able to deliver the game in time (I have to submit on a day I'm very busy... :( ).

Judges:

I'm covering Judges first, because this is the part where the differences from previous IIAWs come into play.

In past contests, I accepted anyone as a judge, but I have now realized how that is not as good of an idea as it seems.

As such, I will be reaching out to certain individuals asking if they would like to judge for the contest, and if they do then they will be judging. Simple.

If you still have an urge to be a judge anyway, please send me a PM outlining why you would make a good judge, and I may consider it.

The judges this time will also be semi-anonymous. That is, I will not be giving a list of judges, however if a judge wishes to tell people they are judging for the contest, that is perfectly okay. Because of this, there will be no judges list here, just this text.

And in case anyone is interested, yes I will be judging for the contest, as I always do, as well as overseeing the judging, and verifying that there is no false judging or bias.

All of this is in the hopes of eliminating unfair judging, and ensuring that your games get the scores they deserve~

OK, I didn't read this part... OK, now I'm feeling a bit stupid. But turns out I confused the dates, and it's only next week... But I still won't be able to deliver the game in time (I have to submit on a day I'm very busy... :( ).

then submit a day earlier, jackus won't mind if your game is incomplete so long as its PLAYABLE

Judges:

then submit a day earlier, jackus won't mind if your game is incomplete so long as its PLAYABLE

In the day earlier, I'm also busy. That's why I complained why it started on a Sunday.

Progress report:

Actors: -/-
Classes: -/-
Skills: -/-
Weapons: 1/1
Armors: Well, you have shields before the hull gets damaged, so ... one?
Items: -/-
Enemies: 0/ ?
Troops: -/-
Animations: Um.. animating sprites will be challenging :3
Tilesets: or levels I could say? So it's 0.
Common Events: 1/1 - procrastination common event run each time I start working on game

Other: Game has 3 extremely decent (jk) sprites and one sound effect used for shooting.

I don't even know if it all will work, so I might start working on a new project at some point (and that would be an Eric game this time).

Innocently logs in, IIAW thread is filled with progress report ._.

Shouldn't have done that yesterday...

Anyway, progress report!

Database

Actors: 5/5

Classes: 8/8

Skills: 6/?

Items: 4/?

Weapons: 12/12

Armors: 5/?

Enemies: 1/? (Umm... lol?)

Troops: 0/?

States: 7/?

Animations: 0/0 (Not planning to use customs.)

Tilesets: 0/0 (Not using custom tilesets, too...)

Common Events: 1/?

System: Almost done! (Mostly just adjusting BGMs)

Types: Done.

Terms: Done.

Not Database

Still nothing yet lol.

I'm starting to be afraid tbh.

I really need to start creating maps and stuff...

P.S.

Last time I tried to balance a game in just 2 days, it went from "This should be rather difficult!" to "It's too easy!" due to some broken skillsets.

Now, I wonder if the balancing issue would make my game too difficult instead...

Edited by Naoto Akashosu

Countdown! Let's not procrastinate anymore~!

If somehow i manage to finish my game it will count as my very first submitted game here. XD

(Though i doubt it will happen. XD) Mr. Procrastination corrupted my soul. XD

Edited by Chadzter01

Progress::

Actors: Done
Classes: N/A
Skills: N/A
Weapons: N/A
Armors: N/A
Items: N/A
Enemies: N/A
Troops: N/A
Animations: N/A
Tilesets: Done
Common Events: ????
Events: A little bit...
Music: Woah, halfway there....

I'm sure I'll get this done~~ That is, if I manage to focus for more than ten minutes at a time and stop getting distracted by other projects....

All work and no play makes Takeo a grouchy game dev~

Yea, I've been working all week so far :/ I've made the project, but haven't really been progressing game-wise at all.

I'mm off tomorrow so here's hoping I get this concept finished in a day xD (hey, maybe NyuuChan actually had a solid idea with that "indie in a night"! )

Edited by Takeo212

Yea, I've been working all week so far :/ I've made the project, but haven't really been progressing game-wise at all.

I'mm off tomorrow so here's hoping I get this concept finished in a day xD (hey, maybe NyuuChan actually had a solid idea with that "indie in a night"! )

:D

:giggle:

e8cR4TA.png

Edited by Nyuuchan353

Quick copy what the rest of them are doing

Actors: 1/1

Classes: 1/1

Skills: 11/11

Weapons: 2/2 & (default)

Armors: 0/0 (default)

Items: 0/0 (default)

Enemies: 7/7

Troops: 12/12

Tilesets: 1/1

Common Events: 1/1

Just doing that last bits of testing for the game and it will be out another awful game off the press

Edited by Thejaxinator

It's called "Indie by Night", Takeo.

Progress update:

Actors: 2/2

Classes: 2/2

Skills: Done.

Weapons:Done.

Armors: Done.

Items:  Done. 

Enemies: Done. 

Troops: Done.

Animations: Using RTP animations, so Done.

Tilesets: Done.

Common Events: Not using CE's, so Done.

Doing a bit of playtesting and polishing now. Will likely submit the night before, as 6PM GMT is around noon my time and I usually wake up well after that, lol.

Here it is in all of it's awfulness 

things to note

1. Color tiles have meanings red deals 10 damage green heal 10 damage yellow saves and heals light blue lets y-{>}{@#L}%>{@#%#%@}>%{#>}{>1
  2. If the bosses are to hard spam stun burst
  3. It's one of my games........ Be prepared
  4. Number 5 is nothing
  5. Number 4 is nothing
  6. something something beware the game i made it something something

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vc434eoe1smp7cq/A%20Simple%20Game.exe?dl=0

(Edit might want to redownload had to fix a bug)

(Edit 2 i have had a busy day and just fixed the last of issues that i know of so one more download to get past the "dark cave" boss)

Edited by Thejaxinator

I guess I should report? (I haven't worked all week HAHAHA I'm ded)

Actors: 1/1

Classes: 0/0

Skills: 0/0

Weapons: 0/0

Armors: 0/0

Items:  0/2

Enemies: 0/0

Troops: 0/0

Animations: uhhh

Tilesets: uhhh...

Common Events: uhhh