Nyuuchan353

Indie by Night

So, here's my entry:

Without RTP - https://www.dropbox.com/s/qrtkzg1z2k2bobh/Todestriebe%20%28Non-RTP%29.exe?dl=0

With RTP (may be iffy; kept getting errors during compression) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/8j9xbklnoht4zjs/Todestriebe.exe?dl=0

Some useful stuff to know:

-There is a bug! But I've spent what feels like a lifetime with no luck fixing it so I'm just going to pretend there isn't.

If you freeze time when an item is at the bottom of the screen it gets stuck there. Now that you know that it should be fairly easy to avoid it. If it does happen just try to ignore it.

-The game features a lot of random generation.

Maybe you'll have a good run, maybe you won't. Give it a couple of tries ;)

-You can skip the intro by holding space/enter/z.

I'd recommend not skipping it the first time around though as there's useful info at the end.

-There's no exit option until you beat or lose the game.

Don't worry, its just a short minigame. If its that terrible that you can't bear it any longer then you can use alt+tab or ctrl+d or something.

-The working title is Todestriebe but I'm not fully sold on it yet. Hence, there is no title screen.

-You can post your highscores here ( http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/blog/542/entry-2113-ibn-entry-highscore-dump/ ) for a chance at a prize.

Any interest, queries, or participation in this should be discussed in that blog entry. Please do not derail the IBN thread.

Just to be sure - how much time is left?

It says, that it's for local time, so I'll say, that my timezone is GMT-72 (yes, now that's totally a valid timezone), will that mean I'll have 3 extra days?

And that will be kinda not fair if the contest started in one time for everybody, but ends differently. Some contestants will have extra time, some even less.

That doesn't matter, that for example the deadline would be at 3:00 AM for somebody. He still had 3 full days, so he could just post his game earlier and not have less time due to that.

I thought it was 23:59:59 (GMT) ~ so now I discovered, that I have one hour less, due to living in GMT+2. So, in total I had 70 hours.

And don't get me wrong, I'm just asking, I don't mind having an hour less, because I started working on game almost 2 days after start anyway (I forgot about that contest - I was working on resource areas. =P) , so if I'll fail, then it will by my fault. :D

Anyway, I should get back to work.

I'm working on Eric game, but instead of making something completely silly, I've decided to solve the mystery of what happens if Eric starts in the sea.

sUvHYYu.png

At least there's Eric and his unlimited amount of hand axes.

Ah, right, I get it. These two are counted separately.

So what if my local time hits submission time before the game making period ends? Should I upload the game and then update it for next 2 hours? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

jk

I've made a simple counter, that shows the remaining time of game making period. It is displayed at the top in The Competition Zone area.

http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/forum-128/announcement-16-contest-indie-by-night/

And I'm done!! Sadly, I couldn't get the music done, but I had a lot of ideas and they seemed much more important at this stage. I'm planning on continuing this idea later, so keep an ear out if you like it.

https://mega.nz/#!pptUwT7a!RhDpXfnBvVAkF77n6F8Nve5j0R1Ow_ScPWSCV5DMCs4

Good luck to everyone else and I can't wait to play some awesome games! :D

I finished MOST of the game, but one minigame just escaped my grasp. Here's what I did. (even without the minigame the game is finishable) I hope you enjoy it :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kehjwz4wg1wzu5z/Chamomile+elixir.exe

I've played few entries and I came to that conclusion:

Upsies! I forgot about the theme~! D:

Oh well! :D

...But.. but Eric in the sea is enough for a thriller!! x3 What if somebody tried to kill him by putting him there? ^^

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7wd6l4prs3aa7ra/S%26T.exe I think I might've missed the deadline. :\. I hope I don't get disqualified. I got a bit confused of sorts reading the scheduling thing with all the different timezones. :\. Edited by Devil Jack

That's a solid entry Nirwanda (we made the same minigame, more or less :lol:). Game stuck after I talked to the dwarf guarding the master's room though; some errant autorun I guess. Will you be working on this more?

:( I thought I had fully debugged it. It a really strange place to stop though, there are no autoruns there. Hmmm. Could you give me any more details about the bug?

Thanks a lot for the compliment and for playing, Tarq. :) About your question, I kinda want to finish the minigame I didn't complete at least.

Sure. So its the yellow(?) armored dwarf guarding the staircase. I had walked around him and onto the staircase before speaking to him. Then when he was done talking the music was still playing but I couldn't walk anywhere. I didn't try the menu and I can't remember whether I could turn - sorry about that, should've tried more stuff before quitting.

No i thnk i know what happened, i forgot to set the stair as non walkable over but I evented his dialogue as if it was :P
Basically, after you spek to him the characters run to the left, a little scared. But since you talked to him from the left, the move route could not proceed and it froze the game. Thanks again, Tarq! :)

Edited by Nirwanda

Kek, I can't submit anything either. I was too slow in making all of those custom graphics XD 

I3htPNA.png

Maybe if it was IIAW's timeframe... :P

Congratulations to everyone who managed to submit, because, damn.

Heh, that's what happens if you're trying to customize the look and gameplay of your game. :P

That's why my entries are usually bad - working on base things (mechanics/graphics), but no time to polish, nor even manage to put much content in, unlike it would be when using just default stuff and focusing on content. x3

But that screenie - looks sooo good! :3

I played everyone's games there were some pretty good entries, I'm actually kind of surprised so many good games were made in such a short span.

I made a little comment on each:

- Gurisha: Aswen pines
Interesting game, it definitely left me curious (and wanting for music XD)
- Drass: Bad brew
Great another cliffhanger ending. I liked the characters and the block pushing puzzles were entertaining BTW, you needed to have the lantern and have given feverfew to armored guy before visiting the cave, otherwise you'll get the message of "I need my lantern" even if you do have it.
- Rikifive: Eric Chronicles - Adventure to The Starting Position
I love Eric's dialogue and the ending was great, but since fish stopped spawning midway through, at first I believed it to be an unfinished game :P
-Ravenblueindigo: Square & triangle
Great and polished game that was a joy to play. Congrats
-Shinnessten: SUPA AWOSUM ADVENT! ULTRA SPECIAL DELUXE MEGA GIGA MIX HALLOWEEN SUPER SPECIAL EDITION
It has everything one could ever want from a sequel! More plot, more nuanced characters more moral choices and intelligent observations on the nature of man. Thanks for sharing this with us shin. :)

-Tarq: Todestriebe: Congratulations on making almost the same as me... but better :P Pretty fun :)

Edited by Nirwanda

aw balls I forgot, that we had extra time for submission...

Well, instead of toying with the compression and uploading, I'd have ~30 mins of development instead, which would allow me to at least place the fishes properly and figure out how to deal with events, to get rid of that weird transition lol. My brain.exe stopped responding and I've submitted my entry before the game making period ended, 'cause I forgot these two were a different thing.

Oh well, enjoy the mess I guess. xD

@Nirwanda - Yeah, these fishes... That's because I was setting their positions extremely fast and I didn't even have much time to test that and reconfigure their positions...

I've just quickly put random numbers to at least spawn some of them. =P

e1 = [ # x / y / area ( 0=collission based ) / speed)
    [200,200,100,2],[270,400,100,2],[290,630,100,2],[390,200,100,2],
    [500,108,100,2],[570,350,100,2],[690,150,100,2],[760,444,100,2],
    [940,200,100,2],[960,250,100,2],[1000,111,100,2],[1111,315,100,2],
    [1200,200,100,2],[1270,400,100,2],[1290,630,100,2],[1390,200,100,2],
    [1500,108,100,2],[1570,350,100,2],[1690,150,100,2],[1760,444,100,2],
    [1940,200,100,2],[1960,250,100,2],[2000,111,100,2],[2111,315,100,2]
    ]

And I've run out of time ~ so I ended at ~2000 X pos, where the level is around 10000 pixels width.

Actually I wanted to add some things in general, like collecting keys around to be able to process further, more weapons etc. but coding the game requires too much effort and time, so I got rekt by time. (as always anyway...) I should have just use the very default RM's mechanics and just put a silly story lol - I'll try to make a very silly game next time to avoid that mistake.

But yay! At least Eric performed well I guess. xD

So far I've played your and Tarq's game. =P

I've totally rekt all da minigames in your game, Nirwanda. :3 Too bad I couldn't dance, though I managed to get between one of the pairs, so they were dancing weirdly later on. x3

As for Tarq's ~ A simple, yet nice game. These kind of things are what I love to see in these contests. (=

Edited by Rikifive
What a typo x3

By the by, if some of the judges could post a few lines here, or pm me, about their experience with the game, any feedback, bugs, that kind of stuff, it would be greatly appreciated :)