Hey guys,

A friend of mine wants to start working full-time on a game soon. He already has some ideas, and is currently working on the plot and a storyboard. However, he realized he knows what he wants in the game, but he doesn't know what others want in the game. So he asked me, a student in Analysis and Development, if I could help him discover what people exactly want in their games.

Because of this, I created the questionnaire you can find below and ask of you to fill it in. That way you'll help my friend a lot, and since the results are public you may even discover some things yourself.

You don't have to fill in a question if it either does not apply to you or if you do not feel comfortable answering it.

Questionnaire:

Personal Questions

How old are you?

What is your gender?

SInce when do you play videogames?

How much time do you play games on average every week?

What genres do you mostly play?

Please name some of your favourite games.

RPG's

What is the most important thing in an RPG for you? (Art, Storyline, Originality, etc.)

Do you like Side Quests, and if so, do you like games as TES5: Skyrim where most of the available quests are Side Quests?

Do you prefer Real Time Battle or Turn-Based?

Do you prefer Tilesets or hand-drawn scenery? (Pokémon games and Final Fantasy VII for example)

Do you like a large (optional) lore or don't you really care? (You read every book in Skyrim and talk to every NPC or just rush through the game)

World Building

Do you prefer a "unique" universe over a more simple one? (Zendikar from MTG, Spira from FF X, etc. are more unique worlds due to the strange creatures living there and weird geological locations. A world like Golden Sun's where you can battle normal bears and spiders are somewhat more simple.)

Do you like original, made-up languages or do they just confuse you?

Do you like it when a game has multiple different endings or is one solid ending good enough?

Thank you so much for answering, this information is really useful and will help him create something amazing.

Edited by Belzark

I'll post an example.

Personal Questions

How old are you?

17 years old.

What is your gender?

Male

As long as I can remember.

I play videogames around 15-20 hours a week. 

RPG's, platformers, RTS, TCG's.

Pokémon, FF, MMBN, Golden Sun, LoL, Hearthstone, MTG, Dragon Quest.

RPG's

What is the most important thing in an RPG for you? (Art, Storyline, Originality, etc.)

I love good graphics. That doesn't mean HD however. Games such as Pokémon Fire Red and MMBN have beautiful graphics as well in my opinion.

Do you like Side Quests, and if so, do you like games as TES5: Skyrim where most of the available quests are Side Quests?

Yes, I love to complete Side Quests and obtain bonus content by doing so.

Turn-Based.

Do you prefer Tilesets or hand-drawn scenery? (Pokémon games and Final Fantasy VII for example)

Depends on the art style of the game. Whichever fits most I guess.

Do you like a large (optional) lore or don't you really care? (You read every book in Skyrim and talk to every NPC or just rush through the game)

I love large lore, but I don't read every book in Skyrim. It's just too time consuming for me. I prefer completing Side Quests to learn new lore.

World Building

Do you prefer a "unique" universe over a more simple one? (Zendikar from MTG, Spira from FF X, etc. are more unique worlds due to the strange creatures living there and weird geological locations. A world like Golden Sun's where you can battle normal bears and spiders are somewhat more simple.)

Unique worlds.

I like them, but they have to be consistent and well thought out.

Do you like it when a game has multiple different endings or is one solid ending good enough?

One ending is enough for me.

Personal Questions

How old are you?

Will be 17 in 3 days.

What is your gender?

http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/blog/536/entry-2110-coming-out-day/

Since I was very young (idk how young), I played Pokemon Blue.

A few hours every night.

JRPGs or VNs like Ace Attorney and such.

Too many to choose lmao.

RPG's

Gameplay, followed by art, then story.

Yes and yes.

Turn based. If it's real time I usually panic, hit the wrong button, and screw the whole thing up. I like to have time to think.

Tilesets.

Don't really mind either way tbh, as long as you're not forcefed a huge lore in one go.

World Building

Don't mind lol

If i'm provided a translation then it's a nice effect, otherwise it's just awkward.

Multiple endings are nice, as long as I don't have to play the whole game again to find a new ending.

Hope that helps! ^u^

...Eh, why not. I'll answer it.

Personal Questions

How old are you?

What is your gender?
Male

Since when do you play videogames?
I'd guess at around 5 - 7 years old. I'm an old school gamer.

Most days I don't play any games, when I do it's usually for two hours at most.

No genre preference. I just play whatever I find interesting at the time.

Raptor: Call of the Shadows, Blood, Doom, Settlers 2 (That's definitely not all of them)

RPGs

Storyline and originality. If it involves 'saving the world' or overcoming some ridiculous obstacle with japanese cliches, I don't want anything to do with it.

Side Quests are one of the biggest reasons I don't play RPGs, tedious and ultimately pointless tasks.

No preference.

No preference.

I used to immerse myself in such things, but now I don't have the attention span for it.

World Building

Whatever works for you.

English is preferred.

I don't really care just so long as the ending isn't stupid like most JRPG endings.

Personal Questions

How old are you?

Under 100.

What is your gender?

Male

Since I was a kid. I miss the Atari/Amiga/NES days. :3

I used to spend almost all of my free time playing games ~ now I'm rarely playing games, due to forums and developing my own.

Roguelike | Hack'n'Slash | RPGs | Platformers (and shooters) | Horror | Sanbox | Survival

Contra (NES) | Diablo (PS1) | Turrican 3 (Amiga) | Quake 2 (PS1) | Digimon World 1 (PS1)

RPG's

Gameplay and balancing.

I like rogue-like games, so as you may guess - the story isn't really important for me as long as the gameplay is really nice.

That being said, the game doesn't even need to have a story at all, though a great story is what's important as well.

It depends. If they're boring and there's thousands of them, then not really. Having  the quest list filled with random quests is quite messy and hard to deal with.

For example MMORPG's - doing quests there was sometimes a pain.

A balanced amount of quests with interesting backstory is a good approach.

Of course, it all depends on the type of the game.

I don't think I have a preference there ~  I like both.

No idea. Just make it look nice and not squarey. =P

I don't really care. Books in Skyrim were for legendary epicly bored people, that wanted to read some random stuff instead of actually play the game. jk, but seriously, I tried to read that and I was like 'k, that was relevant' and never read them since then.

Personally I'm getting scared of wall of texts. If the game throws you notes/books with random stuff from time to time then it becomes kinda annoying. Instead of that, I'd prefer short notes or even books, but with interesting and relevant things in it, like some trivia about what happened to x place and stuff like this.

Reading stuff in Amnesia or Penumbra wasn't any better. The reason is, that I kinda don't like reading in general, so random wall of text is what I'd rather avoid.

I don't mind reading about interesting things relevant to current situation in game though, but holy balls, lessons of history is not what I want to experience in game. :P

World Building

I absolutely have no idea about the references, I guess it all depends on the type of game.

Not sure where you want to go with this, but if that would mean struggling with translation to understand a thing, then nope.

It could work for some small ancient/alien/whatever puzzles though.

But still, it depends on the type of game ~ if it's for example about aliens, then I guess we're kinda not supposed to understand them anyway.

One solid ending is enough.

I don't mind multiple endings, though it usually means having to re-play the whole game (multiple times).

It also depends on the type of game, but if you're aiming to make sequels, then usually it can create plot holes.

Done! Did I pass that exam? :3

ckfzfcw.png

..k thanks.

Personal Questions

How old are you?

I'm in the millenial age range just about.

What is your gender?

Female~

A long time. LOL.

Like, 0 hours.

I like adventure and turn-based fantasy games, puzzle things...

Errr I haven't played very many. XD Well this is awkward. I really like To The Moon....Stellaren...Extreme Mission....Danganronpa...

RPG's

Storyline!

Yes! Uhh...I haven't played Skyrim though.

Turn-based for sure! I like the strategy side of it, rather than testing reaction time or hand muscles. XD

I don't really care c: but the prettier the better, so it just has to be well-executed.

I like smaller lores....like LOTR is way too large. Optional is good though, since I know a lot of people like it :)

World Building

Doesn't matter to me c:

They just confuse me....@_@ However, if it's not super relevant to the plot, then it's okay with me!

One ending :) I think it's cool that games have replayability and such, but I'm usually only willing to play a game once.

Well... Okay!

Personal Questions

How old are you?

What is your gender?

Gender is dumb. :P

Since, like, always? You don't think I am a gamer? But if you want a real answer, my first dedicated console was the NES and I think I played computer games before then. I am willing to bet it was since I was at least 8-10 if not earlier.

Not much anymore, I watch videos and read things about games more then play them nowadays.

Roguelikes and "roguelites" mostly nowadays, but I have been fond of every genre but sports in the past.

The Binding of Isaac (including rebirth and all the expansions), MInecraft (though mostly with mods), Dwarf Fortress (though mostly in theory), Undertale (though mostly for the story), Nethack, Quest for Glory series, Final Fantasy V-VII, SaGa series (mostly Romancing SaGa 3 and SaGa Frontier), Ultima series (mostly all the games from VI until VIII, spinoffs included), Megaman series (excluding the Battle Network series and Star Force series), Mario series (though I haven't really played nearly all of them), Zelda series (mostly the original, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker as they are the ones that are the most open so far), Metroid series (except for Other M, Prime Hunters, and Federation Force obviously), Castlevania series (mostly the 'metroidvania' ones), Metal Gear Solid 1-3 (never really played past that), River City Ransom and Downtown Special: Kunio-kun no Jidaigeki Dayo Zen'in Shuugou! (because hell yes).

RPG's

Interesting game mechanics.

Depends on your definition. I like non-linearity and events that are more about fleshing out the world and the characters in it, I dislike the idea of NPC interaction being reduced to a signpost for formalized easily enumerated tasks that serve only as a checklist of things to do.

Which ever allows more tactical depth and deeper interaction, but I tend to prefer turn-based. Especially for RPG Maker because all the real time scripts I have seen are pretty awful. Granted I would prefer a more tactical on-map turn based with movement involved then static sprites hitting each other.

Depends on the quality of the art and how well it can be navigated. On average I would say I rather a game just use a few nice tilesets then put all it's focus on hand-drawn backgrounds unless the background artist(s) are really really talented and prolific at it.

I don't mind and even enjoy a world with lots of lore, but I think the presentation and writing of lore in games is rather sloppy most of the time. Ultimately I am usually more interested in the gameplay then the story or lore in games, but I don't necessarily oppose optional lore either. I guess I am sort of ambivalent on the issue.

World Building

Depends on how the setting is used, but probably a little bit of both. I like stories/worlds to be interesting and maybe more then a little subversive, but also to make sense and make comments on recognizable things. One typical way to do this may be to start with a more archetypal 'normal' world and deconstruct and/or reconstruct it in interesting ways.

I appreciate the effort if you go full Tolkien and make a language and not just use a substitution cipher or something. :P That said, while it's pretty cool, it's also pretty pointless. The only reason to do so is to have people of different cultures speak in different languages that the player character will not understand, and it's much easier in that case just to describe the fact they are speaking in a language the player character doesn't understand.

Depends on how player choice effects the endings and what the endings actually mean. If you want to do plot branches (endings or not), I would say in general there are two ways to look at it. Either 1. The plot branches are fully supposed to be the expression of the player's will over the events in the story, in which case all branches that don't end in a game over/bad end are equally 'correct' and offer the same over all chance to experience the game's content, or 2. The branches are simply sections of one larger story that includes all possible branches, in which case the game is best designed to be shorter and so multiple playthoughs offer different content. Either way, you could argue that it doesn't make that much of a difference, with 1 because all playthroughs end up pretty much equivalent and with 2 because all possible branches will eventually be played through anyway. Multiple branches/endings can still be a interesting artistic device, but there are lots of times when they don't make much sense.

Was that helpful? :3

Personal Questions

How old are you?

What is your gender?

Male

SInce I was a kid. Back in the days where NES reigned supreme.

Not much really. Unless you count Pokemon GO, but half of that is multitasking for me. I don't really know how many hours I average.

RPGs/ FPS

Dragon Age II, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Halo, Final Fantasy Tactics, I could go on for a very long time so I'll stop there.

RPG's

Gameplay. That's for any genre. I love a good story, but if the gamaeplay is boring or poorly executed i.e. glitchy it takes a lot of the fun of playing the game away.

I looove sidequests. Fun little distractions, and extra little stories and levels.

Until I played Dragon Age, I'd say turn based. But if the real time is done really well, it is so much more fun and engaging. Still, a classic turn based game is nice, too.

I really don't care. Both can look really good if done well. 

I do, yet I usually don't delve to deep into it. 

World Building

Overall, a more simple one that's essentially another Earth. 

In small doses, yes. A full fledged language like Klingon or Elvish is overkill for me.

I prefer a single ending. Exploring multiple paths is fun, but you see it so much now, I'm kinda getting bored of it. 

I'd love to help.  :lol:

Personal Questions

How old are you?
I'm 15.

What is your gender?
I'm a girl

Um... I don't really remember, I mostly play them with my family every now and again.

I mostly play them with my family every now and again, maybe a few hours?

Wii U multiplayer games like Nintendo Land and Mario Kart 8

Nintendo Land, Mario Kart 8, Pokémon aaaaaand I think thats basically my favourites

RPG's

I like fun gameplay and really cute art!

I don't really play many games with side quests, on the occasion that I do I find them quite fun but only if there are some fun story bits in it and not some boring generic quest.

Turn Based.

I like Pokémon so the thingy that that is!

Only if it's fun and cute and not too complicated.

World Building

Do you prefer a "unique" universe over a more simple one? 
I like simple ones!

Um... I don't think I've seen that before but I think that they'd just be really confusing...

If it's a Visual Novel then yes, but otherwise it usually means having to replay the whole game lots of times. :(

I love things like this.

Personal Questions

How old are you?

I'm 19.

What is your gender?

NoMale. Additionally, have I told you that I'm a Deuman today?

I don't quite remember, but if you count the Solitaire games on WinXP, I'd say when I was around 7-8 years old. That's almost 10 years ago.

If you only mean general video game, then it's probably around 7-28 hours per week depending on mood. If you count RPG Maker, then it's a lot more. A whole lot more. Especially if I just stare at the RM screen, procrastinating.

RPGs, or other genres that I find interesting and/or incorporating RPG elements. I like RPGs in general, but I'm open to other genres, too. Also, I'm pretty interested in VN or semi-VNs, even though I haven't played a lot of them.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4, Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard, Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City, Phantasy Star Online 2, Pokemon: Emerald Version, Pokemon: Platinum Version, Pokemon: White Version, Pokemon: White Version 2, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2, Summon Night 5, Undertale, Katawa Shoujo.

RPG's

I'd say designing and execution. Designing because it's the vital bridge between idea and execution. Also execution because a sucky concept can be turned great, while a great concept can fell down, depending on the execution.

If they're not too tedious, then they're fine to me; regarding the game, I think it depends on the execution of it. I mean, it won't be fun is the whole sidequests are collecting ass beards.

I actually have no problem with both, although I do lean toward turn-based or semi-turn-based (e.g. tick-based).

I prefer hand-drawn scenery because of the flexibility, but I usually think about just tilesetting things in RM due to the difficulty of me learning Parallax mapping. In the end though, it all depends on the presentation...

I really like optional and ever-expanding lore. In fact, I'd spend a lot of time just trying to chase or read them. I haven't played Skyrim, but to be honest, I'm pretty interested in reading all the books in there. I think expanding on the lore adds more depth into the world-building. It's an acquired taste, though.

World Building

I don't have a lot of preference after both, although I really like a setting that hangs in-between two of them, such as in Persona 4 or Megaman Star Force (A regular world with abnormalities shrouded within).

It depends.

Definitely multiple endings, because it's fun chasing them and seeing what other ends of the branch I can came up to.They also add a whole lot of replay value.

P.S. Holy *bleep* *bleep* wine *bleep* snowplow *bleep* muffin! I thought Seriel was older than me! XD

Edited by Maki13

Personal Questions

How old are you?

Probably older than you, junior.

What is your gender?

Manly!

Since I was so high.  I remember playing on an old 286 IBM XT and NES as early as five years old.  We had an Atari 2600 and Colecovision before that, so it's possible I started even earlier.  I distinctly remember learning how to read before entering school just so I could play Hero's Quest (aka Quest for Glory) and Pool of Radiance.

Roughly 10-15 between handheld games on break at work and home sessions.

I play a little of everything.  There are genres I don't play (can't wrap my head around most "grand" or 4X strategy games and find sports and most racing games brain-peelingly dull.) but there's no type of game I really play more than another.

There are many to list, but here they are anyway in no particular order.

Metal Slug!, Cotton 2, Alien Crush and Devil's Crush, Lords of Thunder, the entire Ys series, Trails in the Sky FC and SC, Mega Man X, Betrayal at Krondor, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, Ultima 4-7 and the Underworlds, Doom, Painkiller, Seirei Senshi Spriggan, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Might and Magic: World of Xeen, Wild Arms, Dragon Warrior 3, Skies of Arcadia, Bonk's Adventure and Bonk's Revenge, Sonic the Hedgehog, Phantasy Star 1, 2 and 4, the Shining Force series, Streets of Rage 2, Quest for Glory 1-4, Wizardry 8. Pool of Radiance, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Samurai Shodown 2, Project Justice, Twinkle Star Sprites, Panzer Dragoon, Digital Pinball: Last Gladiator and Necronomicon, Waku Waku 7, Pac-Man, Puyo Puyo Tsuu, Shinobi 3, Gunstar Heroes, X-COM: UFO Defense, Resident Evil 4

The original Metal Slug being the absolute, unshakable all-time favorite. 

RPG's

Heart.  Especially from an amateur effort.  I don't expect the most elaborate game systems or complex life-changing storylines, but I want a game with personality and charm above all else (Yet I don't like Undertale and think the Earthbound series is only okay.  Go figure.)

I like having a lot of side quests when they're done well and do a good job of fleshing out the world and characters and feel rewarding.  MMO-style item farming quests are just a waste of my time. 

Arc the Lad 2 and 3 did side quests well.  Ultima did side quests well.  Trails in the Sky did side quests brilliantly.  Elder Scrolls... actually does side quests quite badly.

Both can be done well and done poorly.  I play X-COM's slow, drawn out, hair-pullingly tense tactical battles and Ys' white knuckle, borderline danmaku madness with equal enthusiasm.  No preference.

Hand-drawn is obviously preferred in most cases.  (FF7's backgrounds weren't hand drawn, though, they were pre-rendered.)  However, in the case of RPG Maker, I actually prefer tile based, since in most RM games the movement and (more importantly) collision detection are still tile-based. 

It's all in the presentation.  There have been games with reams of lore that I've gotten really invested in (like Trails in the Sky) and examples of games where I just don't give a toss (like Elder Scrolls).

World Building

As long as things are basically coherent, consistent and follow an internal logic you can be as weird as you like.  If I can deal with Planescape, I can deal with anything. 

Three words; waste of time.  Tolkien could invent believable and functional languages because he was a professor of philology.  You are probably not.  Typing strings of silly gibberish does not make your game world more deep or believable. 

I'd rather have one fantastic ending than thirty crappy ones.  

Edited by Milton Monday

Personal Questions

How old are you?

What is your gender?

Female

I have played videogames for as long as I can remember.

Not as much as I would love to as I have a full time job, go to college, make video games and do youtube.

RPGs 

Suikoden Series because they are not your typical good vs evil games and if you really get into the lore,world, and characters it is sometimes hard to see your character truly the good guy so to speak.

Final Fantasy as I grew up with the series and I can't wait for 15 in November.

RPG's

The storyline, world, and lore are important to me because I want to connect to the characters and get lost in the world. Some of the best rpgs I have ever played didn't have the best graphics but a memorable storyline and characters.

I like side quests so long as they add more to the story/world/lore or teach me more about the characters. Skyrim was ok for me but there was too much to do to truly feel like I was advancing in the game because I would get more lost in doing side quests and never getting back to the actual story of the game.

I actually like both systems, it just depends on what the game is trying to give me. Suikoden and Final Fantasy are Turn-Based for the most part and it works for them but games like the Tales Series work better with a Real Time Battle system.

Again this is completely depend on the type of game for me. Tilesets work well for games like Pokemon but for a game like Okami the hand-drawn was definitely the way to go with the story they were trying to tell. It all depends on what aesthetic the game developer wants the game to have.

I love lore and learning more about the world/lore/characters and such but I hate it when it seems to take away from the game. Suikoden made me want to learn more about everything in that world but Skyrim never really did because there was what seemed like too much lore to learn.

World Building

This is dependent on the game for me because if it is set in a very fantasy world like Final Fantasy then I want something very unique but if it is something like Dragon Age where spiders make sense then I'm fine with it. It depends on what I am supposed to feel about the world, its inhabited and what they are facing.

For some games original languages make sense, like with Skyrim because of the multitude of races that probably all speak a different language just like people of different races do normally. If a game mainly or only has humans in it then I see no point in anything but maybe the language the game developer speaks and is planning on releasing it it.

Again this depends on the game. I loved the multiple ending of the Dragon Age Series or even the two different ending of Suikoden 5, but Mass Effect could have done it better. It depends on the game.

Personal Questions

How old are you?
Will be 18 in 13 days from now.

What is your gender?
Male

Since I was 4.

Around 3*7=21... Around 21 hours.

RPGs, fighting games, and some FPSes

DOOM I and II(1993), UNDERTALE, MOTHER 3, Super Smash Bros., The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Final Fantasy VIII... They're so many!

RPGs

The storyline, the cast, and the art. Oh, and the music!

I kinda do, but I never played Skyrim. I probably will once I get a Nintendo Switch (if the trailer doesn't show a video instead of gameplay!)

Active Time Battle, or Action Battle. Turn based: Lame. Real Time Battle: I think I said it before under another name.

Both.

I like to know more.

World Building

Yes and no.

If they have a translation...

I like many endings, depending on the choices you've made throught the game.

Edited by Kawaiimash ♪

Personal Questions

How old are you?

One score and five.

What is your gender?

Male so you know I'm a scoundrel.

Young. Started in the SNES/GB era.

Varies on work and what other stuff I have going on. 15 - 20, I guess would be normal.

Most games. If I hear something's great I won't let some genre predisposition, of all things, deprive me of a good experience.

I suppose since I enjoy complexity I'm more inclined to competitive games and strategy games whereas relatively straightforward experiences like VNs or platformers are kind of a bore.

In recent years; Souls series, The Stanley Parable, Papers Please, Stardew Valley, XCOM, Sm4sh, Binding of Isaac, Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

In younger years; Age of Mythology (and Empires to a lesser extent), Total War games, Monkey Island series, Tony Hawks Series, Gotcha Force

rpgs specifically; FFIX (and the rest of the series up to X), Kingdom Hearts, Grandia II, Lisa, Costume Quest, Undertale, Pokemon, Gamecube's PSO

RPG's

Systems complexity and a high difficulty level.

I like sidequests with fitting rewards. Otherwise they feel like a waste of time.

Err. Any debate here was kind of already resolved by ATB?

I suppose this depends on the number of characters in the party;if its more than one then turn-based is the best way to control multiple characters.

Eh. Kind of a weirdly phrased question with bad examples.

Personally, I'm more interested in systems design and I don't really appreciate graphics much.

I guess as long as what's onscreen is passable I don't much care how it got there.

I'm a busy guy. I generally rush through games by necessity. I think its a good idea for a passion project to put that kind of effort into a (series of) game(s) as its something that can get people invested if they want to be. I say this is more for passion projects though because, from a commercial view,it requires a significant amount of effort for little payoff.

World Building

I don't really care. I guess your definition of 'simple' is easier to execute well and that's what's important.

While there is room for cool things to be done here I don't think I've ever actually enjoyed this in a game.

Depends on the type of game. For a game that recognises player autonomy multiple endings is a fitting reward. Though rpgs, and jrpgs specifically, tend to have a set story to be told that I don't think should be subverted for the sake of ~'a neat feature'.

Personal Questions

How old are you?

What is your gender?

Male

58 hours

Role-Playing Fantasy

Dragon Age Series

RPG's

Storyline

I love them. It makes the world feel more open.

I don't have a preference.

I have no preference.

I like a world full of various lore. It makes the world feel like it's been alive for years instead of being born when you pressed "play game."

World Building

I prefer a Unique universe.

I think made-up languages should always be in RPG Fantasies. If the game was modern or realistic fiction, probably not because it might just seem out of place.

I do like multiple different endings. It's something game designers have to be careful with (especially in sequels) to make sure all the endings work with the rest of the game (or the next game if sequel).

Personal Questions

How old are you?

I'm 23. :) 

What is your gender?

Female

Since I could pick up a controller (my parents are both into games so I learned from them) 

Um... less than I used to, since I'm an Adult with a full-time job. maybe 6-7 hours, if I have a free day?

Simulation, Adventure/Fantasy... uh, whatever you'd catagorize Ape Escape as :D 

Crash Bandicoot series, Sypro the Dragon (pre Year of Dragon), Ape Escape Series, Burnout Revenge, Soul Calibur Series, Civilization Series, The Sims series

RPG's

Storyline is a big key factor to whether or not I keep playing. The art can be great but there's gotta be more than just that. 

Side quests are fun, but having them as a main key point of the game is a little overdone in my opinion. If it furthers the world and culture, however, I guess it's okay?

Turn based 

Really... I have no preference? Â¿porque no los dos?

EVERY BOOK! As Hatsune Miku says: Tell your world to me! 

World Building

Again, Â¿porque no los dos?

I like them if they're not overused. Personally, I have a fascination with language, so I'm willing to give anything a go at least once! 

Solid ending is fine, but release another one as bonus content later, if you want to. It's nice as a sort of "what if" scenario, I suppose.