gunsage

Excuse My Gut - Winter Fitness Gaming Challenge

Excuse My Gut - Winter Fitness Gaming Challenge

So what is this?  Well, a while back, I was getting requests to return to longplays.  I didn't want to do it for a while because I was having fun doing themed quickplays, but I decided I would try something for the late fall/winter months.  Basically what I'm doing here is I'm playing through a game in one hour increments and setting special rules for myself that cause me to have to pause and workout at regular intervals.  The rules are as follows:

- If I level up, I have to pause and exercise.  If the same character levels up more than once, I have to exercise even more.

- If I die, I have to pause and do a challenging exercise, i.e. burpees.

- If neither of these happens for 10 minutes of gameplay, I have to pause and exercise.

So in some cases I'm only exercising 6 times in a given video, but there have been instances where it's been 10 times or greater that I'm having to pause and exercise!  I'm hoping to help people get and stay motivated to work out during the winter months when it's especially tough to even think about getting out of bed, let alone exercising.  Furthermore, I'm helping to educate people about all kinds of exercises you can do from the comfort of your home with no equipment necessary.  Sound good?  Well, check out the first video in the series and let me know what you think...

It's also important to note that the "current stats" section at the beginning will update as I improve at the gym as well.  So in a way, I'm using this longplay challenge as a way to get myself into better shape as well.

I'm actually up to episode 5 already!

We restore Romero and take care of their "zombie problem" (they weren't really a problem at all and this is to say nothing of the zombie horde on the overworld either), clear a tower, and even ride around in a giant robot! Oh yes, and exercise.

Yep, already up to episode 10!

We got a lot done in this one.  We got some new characters, killed a reaper, took out a ship, and navigated an underwater world.  Good times.

Yeah, boiiiiii...episode 15!

So we're rapidly approaching getting our final character, but of course, we have to go through one of the most annoying dungeons I've ever encountered.  And yes, you guessed it, I'll have to trek through that bad boy again in the next episode.

Here's my 20th episode!

As you can see, I updated the intro and I'm running through things a bit faster now.  Shouldn't be too long before this is completely done!  When I've finished this one, I'm moving onto Breath of Fire 2.  I think I'm going to do 30 minute increments for that one because shorter videos are definitely easier to go through than longer ones.

I ended up taking out the original Breath of Fire in 23 episodes, so I started up with Breath of Fire 2!

This one may take a while longer to get through, firstly because I've never actually beaten it (I always go for the best ending, which is painfully hard to get) and secondly because it's legitimately longer than the first.  I'm also breaking these up into 30 minute episodes this time because I feel that will be easier to go through as far as consumable content.

I'm already up to episode 10!

So one thing you'll notice is I change up the intro movie a bit every 5 episodes.  This is mostly because while I do want to have pics of myself showing my workout progress, I thought it would be a good eye catch to have clips from previous episodes to make up the intro itself, but I wanted to update it on a regular basis to reflect what has been happening recently.  We find Jean, get a shaman, get our build on, and even grind a bit!