Transform your TP-Gauge into a Guard Meter!

The TP-Guard System adds functionality to TP to match the Guard mechanic found in Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Dragon Age: Inquisition uses Guard as a second life bar that must be depleted first before it affects the character's actual HP. This script extends its uses to TP for that. It also rectifies certain qualms people have with the TP, adjusting its maximum value and manipulating percentage recovery.

Added functionality allows you to add a notetag "<skip_guard>" to skills and items to skip the guard calculation so it directly affects the HP. This is perfect for switching up battles!

TP may still be used as a battle resource. This script just expands on its uses. The script was inspired by DA:I as well as Mana Shields found in many other games.

Demo:

Coming Soon

Terms of Use:

• For non-commercial use only! Email 'thecalimack@gmail.com' regarding commercial use of the script in your game.
  • Always include "TheCaliMack" or "California Macky" AND "Maliki" if you decide to use this script in your game.
  • Any variant of the script must have these Terms extended to it. That means you must use these Terms stated above as well as your own.

Download the script from my RPG Maker blog: http://wp.me/p4HTa8-Z

Edited by TheCaliMack

This seems like a really cool idea, would be really fitting for a knight or defender class.

Bit of a question though, would it be possible to have the TP guard feature apply to only certain classes?

This seems like a really cool idea, would be really fitting for a knight or defender class.

Bit of a question though, would it be possible to have the TP guard feature apply to only certain classes?

That may need another script altogether, though, sorry to say. This changes the main damage evaluation code.