Heaven’s Spire

af5a84784e.jpg

“Truth, or Ideals? Will you be the First Hero to embody both?â€

Abstract: This is a side story game, and only played for bonus content of the ShadowVerse series. If you want extra story, this game is good for you.

Genre: RPG

Average Demo Time: 15+ Minutes

Game Progression: 10% Complete, Will be done by September(?)

Story: Spoilers for Ruined Future: The Bad Ending are ahead. Do not play this game if you don’t want to be spoiled.

There’s a story in each world. All World’s come from the Same Story. This is the Origin of those stories, and gives backstory on how the world they knew began.

A long time ago, Prometheus, the Original Being, not a God, created the World humanity knows. To keep balance, he created two deities, Samxac, the Ultima God of Everlasting and Xion, the Ultima God of Destruction, to create the Mystic Realm, where several divine beings gather to have the world they know under control.

Several eons of time have passed, and the story sets in on Alba, a young girl in the village of Shinobara, who now wants to travel the world as an explorer, and experience the views of many cultures and people. However, she meets the group Heaven’s Spire, and it’s suspicious bard, Yoshiteru Toyotomi, along with a mysterious traveler, named Xavier.

Her ideals will be put to the test, as it will strengthen her truths on this journey.

Character Bios:

ac2cead0a5.jpg

Alba Miyamoto

Race: Human

Alignment: Lawful Good

Playable Character Ability: Blessing of the Saint(8% HP Regeneration)

Nickname: The First Hero

Artist: Soramani Kagome

A human who lives in Shinobara village, she leaves her home town in search of new discoveries and ideals. She is kind and caring to all people, and treats everyone fairly. She is the original wielder of Excalibur, the Sword of Famed Victory, and the first person to read the Book of Prometheus. Her weapon is a broadsword.

3d02330632.jpg

Terminus

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Playable Character Ability: Claws of a Fearsome Warrior(8% Crit Bonus)

Nickname: The First Monk

The most famous Samxac priest, he is known for his devotion. He joins Alba in her quest to explore the world, not only to discover and spread the word, but to stop Heaven’s Spire from changing the logic of the world. He is a bit unruly and hot tempered, but he is good at heart.

cdb3a8980c.jpg

Pax Yoshida

Race: Human/Mystic Hybrid

Alignment: Lawful Good

Playable Character Ability: Divine Intervention(Poison Resistance, Magic Evasion 12%)

Nickname: The First Princess

The Princess of Sakazami, and famous for being the first princess that started many famous clans, and the start of the Shibata and Rhasphody Shogunate. Kind and benevolent, she dislikes Heaven’s Spire for advocating about their goals, but being hypocritical in their methods. She joins Alba after Sakazami is threatened by their plot.

124aa5a32a.jpg

Icarus Yamamoto

Alignment: Neutral Good

Playable Character Ability: Golden Leadership(100 TP to the user)

Nickname: The First Strategist

A servant of Pax Yoshida, and whose fame goes down in history for being the first person to invent the Shogun system, and to be the first advisor of the Human Realm. After hearing about the strength of Heaven’s Spire, she joined Alba to protect her lord. She cares about her lord first, and puts her self second.

5c0ef92812.jpg

Xavier ???

Race: Human?

Alignment: Neutral Good

Character Ability: Protection From the Gods(1-3 turns invincibility)

Nickname: “The First Heroâ€

A man of enigmatic nature. His past is unknown, but he has ties with Heaven’s Spire. His ideal world is to release mankind and the world from their earthly ties, but has yet to act on them. Serves as Alba’s counterpart. A kind and generous man, even if he asks too many questions to others. His verbal tic is that he talks too fast.

Heaven’s Spire

befaaee0a2.jpg

Shuten Doji

Race: Oni

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Character Ability: Eye of Destruction(Strong Fire attack that has a chance of burn)

A oni from the mountains of the Mystic Realm, he has a fiery temper. Adept of killing humans with fire, his personality is one of fire. Chaotic and uncontrollable, yet he flies his banner under Heaven’s Spire. When not fighting, he drinks.

44cd000bf6.jpg

???

Race: Human?

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Character Ability: Magic Sphere(Stats are Buffed for 5 turns at the beginning of the battle)

Nickname: The Chancellor

He’s known as the Chancellor. Not a hero, but a card carrying villain who lets nothing stand in his path. Yet, he is loyal to Xavier in every way possible. A calm man who kills for the sake of killing.

ae34c0506e.jpg

Yoshiteru Toyotomi

Race: Mystic

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Character Ability: Flute of God: The Secret Game of Sin(???)

Nickname: The First Villain

A bard who is apart of Heaven’s Spire. His motives are unknown, and seems to be leading the group himself. A motivational speaker, he speaks with the tongues, and has a way with words and people. However, he is brutal and blunt, and more hurtful with his calm words of wisdom. Not much about him is known. He first appears in Ruined Future as a Superboss.

Credits:

Soramani-Kagmone-Kagmone for sprites
Kingdom of Rise and Fall for sprites
Chocolate Mint Tree for sprites
Closet and Closet VXAce for sprites
Relaxed Chillin for sprites

Geocities for Sprites

Pokemon Black and White/Black and White 2 for Music

Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver for music.

Scripts

Yanfly for the Party System, Ace Status Menu, Ace Battle Engine, Skill Cost Manager, Ace Save Engine, Yami for the Battle Symphony Engine and Nicke for the XS Core Engine, Yanfly for Ace Equip Engine, Neo Gauge Ultimate Ace by Pacman, Basic Enemy HP Bars for V.M,

Screenshots:

3733c25c34.jpg9028d8cf19.jpg

50850857a8.jpg3bf218da4b.jpg15717b95ca.jpg64c9b3ef25.jpg888237f971.jpg

538b2d6d80.jpg29797bf1e5.jpg1f94d9886d.jpg

Features:

Day and Night System(Works at Inns, will go to 6 PM or 12 AM)

Alignment System

• Lawful Good: DEF+ -AGI

• Neutral Good: AGI+ -DEF

• Chaotic Good: ATK+ -DEF

• Lawful Neutral: MDF+ -MAT

• True Neutral: MAT+ -MDF

• Chaotic Neutral: ATK+ -MDF

• Lawful Evil: ATK++ -AGI

• Neutral Evil: ATK++ -MDF

• Chaotic Evil: ATK++ -Every Other Stat

Trailer Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZScZ_mth_A

• Like 1

maps are too rtp for me and need more things cos all i see are carpets and floor, which is dull and u need to use shift click. enemy battler not animate? why have a static enemy which is way taller than character sprites and not use side view enemy battlers. but that's me. Also Pokemon music, can you not like get some royalty free music instead of using music from another game? either way it needs way more improving before u release a full game.

Some of the maps have too much space, in my opinion. They should be just a little bit smaller.

For your trailer, i advise that you add gameplay such as combat cutscenes, c. Add a little "shazam" to your trailer.

I like the idea of the origin story. My game does the same thing. Depending on how you do it, you might get criticized for it like me. Tellin ya just so you know what may come later.

The alignment system is a good system. Ur game looks like it'll benefit from it considering its origin story.

idk how i feel about the alignment stat boosts. If you want to be an offensive good person, it wont be as good as an offensive evil person. So ur prefered fighting style kind of dictates which side of the spectrum you'll be on.

• Like 1

maps are too rtp for me and need more things cos all i see are carpets and floor, which is dull and u need to use shift click. enemy battler not animate? why have a static enemy which is way taller than character sprites and not use side view enemy battlers. but that's me. Also Pokemon music, can you not like get some royalty free music instead of using music from another game? either way it needs way more improving before u release a full game.

I can't really read all of this, but I'll try my best to understand all your complaints(though it won't matter since I'm stubborn and stuck in my old ways)

Not gonna do anything else more than that.

Bold 2: I've done this before with another game, I plan not to do so, doesn't fill my desires. Regardless, demo is coming out on the 20th, so no stopping now.

I don't do a lot of gameplay/game changing stuff, because I focus on building story and lore than gameplay, and if you don't like that, why did you click in the first place?

For your trailer, i advise that you add gameplay such as combat cutscenes, c. Add a little "shazam" to your trailer.

I like the idea of the origin story. My game does the same thing. Depending on how you do it, you might get criticized for it like me. Tellin ya just so you know what may come later.

The alignment system is a good system. Ur game looks like it'll benefit from it considering its origin story.

idk how i feel about the alignment stat boosts. If you want to be an offensive good person, it wont be as good as an offensive evil person. So ur prefered fighting style kind of dictates which side of the spectrum you'll be on.

For when I add more stuff, I will. It's an old trailer.

I'll look out for it, but since I've built everything about the timeline so far, it won't mean much.

The alignment system has been in Ruined Future. All "boss"(Ie: human characters with names) have alignments. For example, Xavier has Neutral Good, as his alignment.

I can't really read all of this, but I'll try my best to understand all your complaints(though it won't matter since I'm stubborn and stuck in my old ways)

Bold 2: I've done this before with another game, I plan not to do so, doesn't fill my desires. Regardless, demo is coming out on the 20th, so no stopping now.

I don't do a lot of gameplay/game changing stuff, because I focus on building story and lore than gameplay, and if you don't like that, why did you click in the first place?

I'll look out for it, but since I've built everything about the timeline so far, it won't mean much.

The alignment system has been in Ruined Future. All "boss"(Ie: human characters with names) have alignments. For example, Xavier has Neutral Good, as his alignment.

I didn't say anywhere i didn't like i just voicing my opinion and telling you how to improve, if you can't take critique why are you a game dev in first place, because game deving gets alot of critique.

I didn't say anywhere i didn't like i just voicing my opinion and telling you how to improve, if you can't take critique why are you a game dev in first place, because game deving gets alot of critique.

Again, I'm a writer and not a game dev, and how I write is using this as my canvas. If I was more into things like gameplay I'd take your advice into a little more consideration, but for someone who just enjoys telling a story and doesn't have a lot of time to put into these things/I don't care about gameplay aspects that much, can you really blame me?

I can take critique, but what you say means absolutely nothing to me, in all honesty. I'll think about what you say for later projects, but not for any already done/currently working on.

but if you posted your game on a forum, people will want to enjoy the game, if they don't they won't play and will not know the story of your game. Which is why a good gameplay will need to better than story most times. otherwise it will not be played, which is why we the people tell you how to improve. If you can't take the feedback on the gameplay and refuse to improve you will not make good games otherwise, if you are just a story writer write books instead.

• Like 2

but if you posted your game on a forum, people will want to enjoy the game, if they don't they won't play and will not know the story of your game. Which is why a good gameplay will need to better than story most times. otherwise it will not be played, which is why we the people tell you how to improve. If you can't take the feedback on the gameplay and refuse to improve you will not make good games otherwise, if you are just a story writer write books instead.

Noted, but this is the path I will take. Thanks for all the advice though. I appreciate it.

If you have anything to say, please drop it by a PM, because this conversation is derailing this thread to me, and I wish not get it off on a good note. Thanks.

• Like 1

Some content for later, here's a few screenshots and a new map for you!

661dbff157.jpg

da5fe0530e.png

6a7f4737b4.jpg

Introducing a new item as well, that's custom to this city alone!

cd2fc578bc.jpg

0c0f1baca7.png

Finally, a new set of items that you can buy in shops, you can buy skills that can't be learned normally!

0b4b162b91.png

More Screenshots of Heaven's Arrow City, since I'm still working on it.

The Demo plans to be out in February, but I've no idea when. Stay tuned for that date!

16447cbcc8.jpg

50f3adad8e.jpg

b3df7420eb.jpg

63a5a77d54.jpg

04a82265b0.jpg

c656879b98.png

Heaven's Spire will be out tomorrow! Demo will be available on Mediafire and Google Drive!

Heaven's Spire is officially out! Check it out here.

Edited by ShadowfrostZen

Patch 1 has been released... With a new sidequest!

vishnu-island-sidequest-ramayama-sita-an

Vishnu Island Sidequest: Ramayama Sita and the Genji Spirit

This Quest is Only Available if you've beaten Iwafune Port. It will no longer be available after a certain time during the game.

After defeating Heaven's Spire in Iwafune Sewers, Alba has the chance to go to the special island, Vishnu Island! She and her comrades have the chance to visit.. But it'll cost money to go, so make sure you have enough gold to go!

179b1ff5be.jpg?w=542
Pictured Above: Tickets to Vishnu and Sakura Island

However, upon reaching their destination, they are greeted by Sita, who is in need of their help. Heaven's Spire has taken refuge in the Genji Shrine, where a ancient divine beast is said to slumber in its depths. They wish to take it away from the shrine! Help Alba and company drive out Heaven's Spire and save it!

sita.png?w=272

Sita

Race: Mystic

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Nickname: Daughter of Vishnu

A Mystic who appeared once before Alba, when she sought out Daisuke Hayashi. A kind and gentle individual, she is famous among the Mystics due to her now passed husband, Rama. A follower of the Ultimate God of Wisdom, Vishnu, she takes up Rama's mantle of carrying out Vishnu's will.

kazunaga-oda.png?w=272

Kazunaga Oda

Race: Mystic Kitsune

Alignment: True Neutral

Nickname: The White Wolf of Ezo Fuji Irwak Shrine

Character Ability: Ano toki no kamiyo(Hail The God of Time) 〜 The Death Bell Rings

A Mystic from the Mystic Council, and a old friend of Sita's. A very lazy and nonchalant member but also quick and powerful, as well as smart. Most of his time goes to napping though, but he is a follower of Vishnu, as well as Sita's counselor after she became a widow. He appears in this quest as an ally, but will reappear later on if you do not see him here!

c504ebb808.jpg?w=5456c178ca825.jpg?w=545eba38a9cd6.jpg?w=542

Here are some screenshots of the sidequest. Below are some new skills and items that are added as well!

1bcfaca232.png?w=652bb66b01af3.png?w=651

The Phoenix Wing is only available on Vishnu Island. You can only get 1 if you don't do the sidequest, but if you beat the boss at the end, you'll be able to end up with two! The Phoenix Wing gives you Magic and HP regen by 5%.

Get the newest patch here!

Edited by ShadowfrostZen

I can tell you that the newest patch for Heaven's Spire is coming soon!

New update video! Sorry for the delay, but things have been really slow lately. Because of college and exams, I’ve been focusing on those than anything, but regardless..

We meet The Light, a man who studies about the Bonds of humanity. He demonstrates his magic by showing you the bond he creates between a monster and himself.. Before starting to fight you!