Dear_Elise

Prism+ Virus �プリズ� + ウイルス】Feedbacks + Previews

Sigh, I guess the fact that Kim Jung-un has gotten as far as he has with nuclear weapons doesn't help my case huh? Honestly it kinda baffles me that a dumbass like him managed to scrounge up the people and resources, but then again nukes have been around a long time. I don't get it. Why does anyone follow him? Scared poor starving and easily threatened humans I get I guess, but really that's a horrible way to protect yourself form a tyrant.

Take it form us, if a fairy tried to blatantly threaten and posture and force their way on other fairies against their will like that they would likely eventually get mobbed and torn apart. Probably literally. Possibly more then once. And if a few horrible deaths don't do it, maybe they play at keeping them alive while being torn apart instead. Maybe just make sure they can't move or die and plant a tree in them, burying them alive, and then 'forget' about them as the years, decades, or centuries pass and the trees roots slowly ever so slowly grow and rip apart their flesh. Needless to say, though we don't have much in the way of rules, most fairies prefer to behave in that respect. I guess it helps that we can't die and all our really nasty punishments need a lot of effort to enforce. Do you know how much magic is needed to do that tree thing? Quite a lot. Countering the fairy's innate magic and keeping them still and alive for all that time is not easy. Probably a lot less to do it on a human though, or if a fairy is willing (hey it happens, some fairies like pain).

Also I already explained elsewhere why I am so hard on sci-fi, but whatever.

Edited by KilloZapit

I'm curious, Fairy. What do you think of "Ghost in the Shell?" Pretty much the same concept.

Regarding N. Korea, you do realize that the people there literally believe their leader is a God and can talk to dolphins (wish I was joking), right? That's what happens when you have a regime with incredibly strict laws and complete control over the media. Hell, if they even suspect that you thought something negative about the government they'd probably throw you in prison, and that's without brain chips.  :o

Uh... No, I am pretty sure Ghost in the Shell is not the same concept at all. Well I guess there is the whole hackable cyberbrain thing but yeah I still find that really dumb, and the original Ghost in the Shell is like 20ish years old at this point and I thought it was pretty dumb then too.

Also, no, they really don't. They just say they do to not get murdered. Hence why sarcasm was outlawed. Because even his own people don't by into Kim Jung-un's bullshit but are too chicken to say so.

Sigh, I guess the fact that Kim Jung-un has gotten as far as he has with nuclear weapons doesn't help my case huh? Honestly it kinda baffles me that a dumbass like him managed to scrounge up the people and resources, but then again nukes have been around a long time. I don't get it. Why does anyone follow him? Scared poor starving and easily threatened humans I get I guess, but really that's a horrible way to protect yourself form a tyrant.

As much as I dislike the book, Aldous Huxley's Brave New World is actually a a good (if not hyperbolic) example of a dystopian society viewed as a utopia by its people.  The real issue comes from two things, education and dissemination of information.  If a society is taught from birth of how things should be and they are never exposed to a broader world that has information that says contrary, they become much more docile and easier to keep under control.  In North Korea, people follow that madman because it's literally the only world they know, and the people that have been exposed to outside information are too small of a minority to make a difference.

The only way to really fight this kind of oppression is with information.  Basically once you expose these people to a larger world that is far better than the one they're living in you'll start to see them start to think for themselves and then really start to dissent against their authoritarian regime.  Of course, this can get more complicated if the regime can spoil that flow of information with disinformation that makes the outside world look uncertain or even bad (paid internet trolls, for example, saying how horrible other countries are and that they're no better).

Anyways, I actually like the game idea.  If this is going to be a standalone game I feel that there really is no need to go into details about how the society and the world came to be, and in fact I'd say too much exposition on that would detract from the focal point of the game (find the killer) and thus bog down both the pacing and the gameplay. 

However, if you did want to stretch this into a series, I bet you could get into some pretty deep philosophical conflicts revolving around the morality of implanted technology as a form of control (heck, look at how much we've already talked about it in this thread alone).  If you do want to expand on it, you'll definitely want to dig into the backstory and setting of this game and iron it all out now so that you don't run into any major holes that had a bad answer (or can't be answered) down the road.

Edited by ECG Wolf

You would be surprised what kind of information gets in and out. North Korea is a mess. There are people who make a living smuggling people out and info in. The only reason, the ONLY reason why it hasn't collapsed in on it's self is China's support and even China is beginning to think they are more trouble then they are worth.

Seems silly to me! Really, the whole idea of a government forcefully implanting internet enabled mind chips in people is ridiculous. The idea that they would be designed to allow a hacker to kill people remotely with them is ridiculous. The idea that a bunch of people would be rounded up and killed to stop one person who may or may not be among them is ridiculous. Seriously, why go though all this convoluted sci-fi nonsense to justify a situation where a bunch of people are trapped in a weird place and one is a traitor?

Sigh... Then again, given how mind numbingly stupid humans seem to be about how they govern themselves and about this whole 'Internet of Things' bullshit, maybe it's not actually that far fetched. Though if it happened there would likely be hundreds, thousands, maybe millions of hackers running around killing people or at least stealing their information, everyone would do their best to jailbreak the fuck out of their prisms first chance they got, and the prisms would mostly be used for games and inane social networking apps. Wait... My God... This isn't sci-fi at all! You stupid humans basically do this already! Putting your smartphone in your brain is just the next step in your evolution to form the most back-assword society possible! Ugh, I... Why is it that you humans can come up with so much great technology yet are so universally dumb at using it correctly?

May I sigh as well ? How can you tell the entier storyline is silly when you've only red the synopsis ? 

If you might not know already , the government is already contantly tracking everyone and anyone's moves , why wouldn't it implant "mind chips" , as you call it , to further extend its control over the people ? It might be nothing more than a sci-fi story but how can you theorize that such an occurrence might not happen in our own genuine future ?

And concerning the potential hacker , once again , YOU DON'T EVEN REMOTELY KNOW A BIT OF THE STORYLINE YET ! 

Of course the government wouldn't create a device that would easily get hacked by any random individual . It all lies in the storyline . Don't make me spoil it .

And the fact that I know why such a thing could happen in a sci-fi story such as mine makes me feel a bit disdainful regarding your comment .

I just think that your personal statement , whether it is generally subjective or not , is somewhat rude toward my work .

A brainwashing and overly-controlling government already exists , so I really cannot understand why you think of my idea as so "silly" .

But oh well , I am sorry to be part of this stupid human kind , however now ,  I do wonder what kind are you coming from ? Oh yes , pardon me edgy-lord ! You are human yourself, so cease trying to act so condescending please . People tend not to like that , myself including . Overall when I nicely ask for decent feedbacks .

Now thank you for your sullen feedback , i didn't mean to start an argument but try to be a little nicer and wiser next time .

If you intend to "enter" one of my topic , please , leave your wrath outside , and bring it back with you once you are planning to leave .

Have a nice day nonetheless .

Edited by Wisteria D.L

Totalitarian governments are a fairly common theme in sci fi. In one way or the other there's some government oppressing the masses. It's common because it does happen and even in a free country like the United States there always the fear of right and privacy being stripped away. With the invention of the internet there are concerns about privacy, and the government has had the ability to monitor people for a very long time. So, yeah, I agree that the concept isn't all that far-fetched. Wisteria's story just happens to use brain chips.  :)

It will be interesting to see the story develops. Like I said previously, whether or not it's successful lies entirely in the execution. 

Edited by lonequeso

Totalitarian governments are a fairly common theme in sci fi. In one way or the other there's some government oppressing the masses. It's common because it does happen and even in a free country like the United States there always the fear of right and privacy being stripped away. With the invention of the internet there are concerns about privacy, and the government has had the ability to monitor people for a very long time. So, yeah, I agree that the concept isn't all that far-fetched. Wisteria's story just happens to use brain chips.  :)

It will be interesting to see the story develops. Like I said previously, whether or not it's successful lies entirely in the execution. 

I completely agree ! And thank you once again Lonequeso !

I will do my best to make the execution has pleasant and twisted as possible so that people will be able to enjoy my game !

Edited by Wisteria D.L

May I sigh as well ? How can you tell the entier storyline is silly when you've only red the synopsis ? 

If you might not know already , the government is already contantly tracking everyone and anyone's moves , why wouldn't it implant "mind chips" , as you call it , to further extend their control over the people ? It might be nothing more than a sci-fi story but how can you theorize that such an occurence might never happen in our own genuine future ?

And concerning the potential hacker , once again , YOU DON'T EVEN REMOTELY KNOW A BIT OF THE STORYLINE YET ! 

The fact that I know why such a thing could happen in a sci-fi story such as mine makes me feel a bit disdainful regarding your comment .

I just think that your personal statement , whether it is generally subjective or not , is somewhat rude toward my work .

A brainwashing and overly-controlling government already exists , so I really cannot understand why you think of my idea as so "silly" .

But oh well , I am sorry to be part of this stupid human kind , however now ,  I do wonder what kind are you coming from ? Oh yes , pardon me edgy-lord ! You are human yourself, so cease trying to act so condescending please . People tend not to like that , myself including . Overall when I nicely ask for decent feedbacks .

Now thank you for your sullen feedback , i didn't mean to start an argument but try to be a little nicer and wiser next time .

If you intend to "enter" one of my topic , please , leave your wrath outside , and bring it back with you once you are planning to leave .

Have a nice day nonetheless .

Well, I probably went a bit too far I will admit. I am not necessarily saying the whole story will be bad, I just don't like the premise as you outlined it. You can write about anything you like and make it work if you try hard enough. Half of the story is the characters and their interactions, the little details and how the plot unfolds. I can't say if the finished story will be good or bad. What I can say is that I find the basic premise as outlined here at best overly cynical and at worse not properly researched. And that may be just because I don't have all the information, but I think that about 90% of sci-fi anyway so feel free to just think of me as a grumpy gus.

It's just that... these kinds of things really bother me. Dystopian fiction where technology is used in the worse possible way it could be used just puts a bad taste in my mouth. It's like it's normalizing it. Like it's teaching people it's inevitable. Hey maybe hoping for a future that's closer to Solarpunk (warning: tvtropes, blah blah blah) then Cyberpunk is optimistic, but yeah. More importantly I just find settings where everything isn't terrible forever more interesting. Dystopian Cyberpunk has been around for a while and it's kinda played out, and tends to have too much despair to really make me care about anything in their worlds. Again, that doesn't necessarily mean anything for the quality of the finished work, but it's something I tend to be automatically critical of. Assume it's just a dumb bias if you want, because it probably is.

I think this will be my last post here on the subject, I have said what I came here to say. Maybe I am just lashing out a bit because I am not sure I like what you are implying about the way the world could go. I will tell you one thing, this is one of those stories I would be rooting for the hacker. I would be hoping they already released a virus with a deadman's switch. In a world that screwed up, where the system has betrayed humanity on that level, there is nothing left to do but rip it down no matter the cost. Luckily, in real life it's not that bad yet and there are more then enough people that are slowly eroding the levers of power needed to put such a system in place.

Also: What? I am not a human, I am totally a fairy! (Or at least I like to pretend. Sorry about that, being a condescending fairy is kind of my thing sometimes. Though my rage at the sorry state of cyber security in the world is 100% real regardless.)

Edited by KilloZapit