Dear_Elise

Is this cute ?

Last morning , I felt a little bored albeit slothful ,

so I decided to draw something cute and simple

What do you think about it ? Is this cute or even nice ?

I called it "Phantoms And A Wandering Girl" , with the girl named "Kuri Madoka" [栗マドカ] the two little ghost on the top being "Pupa & Pope" [プパーãƒãƒš], the offbeat three-eyed rabbit being " Betago" [ベタゴ] , the little mushroom "Kinokio" [木ノキオ] , the fluffy-looking bunny "Coco" [ココ] , the flame wraith "Hatsuka" [髪ç«] and the weird poisonous-looking sheep , "Muffix" [モフィックス] .

qke7Uku.jpg

Edited by Wisteria D.L

More strange and depressing than cute. The girl is cute, but it's outweighed by how sad she looks. Probably because weird creatures keep following her around. Those are cute, too, but my eye is always drawn to the girl. her presence overshadows the others because her size and contrast to the rest of the field. 

Edited by lonequeso

More strange and depressing than cute. The girl is cute, but it's outweighed by how sad she looks. Probably because weird creatures keep following her around. Those are cute, too, but my eye is always drawn to the girl. her presence overshadows the others because her size and contrast to the rest of the field. 

I could give a hundred likes for this answer Lonequeso ! 

Dang, lon stated my primary thoughts... Welp, time for round two!

The picture reminds me a bit of Undertale, about the feeling of not belonging, making a choice to turn your back and run, befriend them, or... kill them. This also reminds me of the style of how people draw emotions, how they influence their life and body language.

It's a bit surreal and I do like it c: It's cute in a somber kind of way, like a dark alice in wonderland. (The little creatures do kind of remind me of pokemon tho. hehehe :))

I agree with lonequeso.

While it generally is cute, it is more creepy and depressing, which successfully distracts from the cute-aspects.

When I look at this image, I have this kind of interpretation in my mind:

The girl seems to be unhappy with her life, probably because she wasn't accepted by the society. It feels like she has lost her family in an accident of some sort. Having noone to talk to, nor rely on, she's getting overwhelmed by having to struggle with problems all by herself. Because of that, at some point she became depressed and meet (created) some imaginary friends, hence their fantasy and disturbing look. These friends guide her through her life, despite the fact, that they're basically her thoughts... but are they just thoughts? What if they help her know, see and hear things, she wouldn't manage to catch by herself? Are they her real friends? However, from others' perspective - she's just a confused, weird girl.

The reasons I have thoughts like this are:

- her sad look

- purple-ish background

- uncommon and pretty disturbing look of the ghosts

- Pupa's and Pope's eyes

- ghosts' potential roles?

Pupa & Pope - general thoughts, one with more positive approach, the second with more negative

Betago - seeing things, that may be unnoticeable like hidden meanings or true intentions

Kinokio - jokingly thoughts ~ finding potential irony in others' sentences

Coco - optimism - notices positive things and encourages to do good things

Hatsuka - controls anger - encourages her to defense herself when needed

Muffix - pessimism - notices negative things and encourages to do bad things

I may have totally misinterpreted what this image was supposed to present, but that's at least what I see. Sorry if that sounded unnecessarily weird.

That being said, giving more contrast, friendlier colors and making the girl smile would turn the picture upside-down, in these aspects.

To answer the question if it is nice - Yes, it definitely is nice and well-drawn. Also as you can see, it has even potential for nice stories and stuff like this. To be honest writing about my thoughts and looking at the image few times made me curious, which is good of course.

These are my thoughts. I like the drawing, it's cute and from another point of view, it has more serious values. =)

Dang, lon stated my primary thoughts... Welp, time for round two!

The picture reminds me a bit of Undertale, about the feeling of not belonging, making a choice to turn your back and run, befriend them, or... kill them. This also reminds me of the style of how people draw emotions, how they influence their life and body language.

It's a bit surreal and I do like it c: It's cute in a somber kind of way, like a dark alice in wonderland. (The little creatures do kind of remind me of pokemon tho. hehehe :))

I think it's very cute! It's kind of dark 'cuz of the expression on her face, but I like it! Good work :)

I agree with lonequeso.

While it generally is cute, it is more creepy and depressing, which successfully distracts from the cute-aspects.

When I look at this image, I have this kind of interpretation in my mind:

The girl seems to be unhappy with her life, probably because she wasn't accepted by the society. It feels like she has lost her family in an accident of some sort. Having noone to talk to, nor rely on, she's getting overwhelmed by having to struggle with problems all by herself. Because of that, at some point she became depressed and meet (created) some imaginary friends, hence their fantasy and disturbing look. These friends guide her through her life, despite the fact, that they're basically her thoughts... but are they just thoughts? What if they help her know, see and hear things, she wouldn't know by herself? Are they her real friends? However, from others' perspective - she's just a confused, weird girl.

The reasons I have thoughts like this are:

- her sad look

- purple-ish background

- uncommon and pretty disturbing look of the ghosts

- Pupa's and Pope's eyes

- ghosts' potential roles?

Pupa & Pope - general thoughts, one with more positive approach, the second with more negative

Betago - seeing things, that may be unnoticeable like hidden meanings or true intentions

Kinokio - jokingly thoughts ~ finding potential irony in others' sentences

Coco - optimism - notices positive things and encourages to do good things

Hatsuka - controls anger - encourages her to defense herself when needed

Muffix - pessimism - notices negative things and encourages to do bad things

I may have totally misinterpreted what this image was supposed to present, but that's at least what I see. Sorry if that sounded unnecessarily weird.

That being said, giving more contrast, friendlier colors and making the girl smile would turn the picture upside-down, in these aspects.

To answer the question if it is nice - Yes, it definitely is nice and well-drawn. Also as you can see, it has even potential for nice stories and stuff like this. To be honest writing about my thoughts and looking at the image few times made me curious, which is good of course.

These are my thoughts. I like the drawing, it's cute and from another point of view, it has more serious values. =)

Thank you so much my dears , you all are extremely heartwarming ! 

And I cannot seriously believe how many metaphorical details you have managed to catch accurately ! 

I am tremendously merry to see that all of you are indeed correct regarding this drawing . :D 

Thank youuuuuu~

Well I think it's cute! And as the local champion and expert of all things cute, I should know! Though cute and sad are not mutually exclusive, or even cute and extremely creepy and/or gross.

Also, this kinda reminds me of superflat art.

Edited by KilloZapit