You can't extend that drop-down list that comes with ACE. So you'll have to do it with script calls. If you're not comfortable using the IconSet for icons, then you might wanna go ahead and try CSCA Infinite Balloons. Now, I'm not so sure about any of these scripts since I go to the trouble of making my own balloons using Animations instead because I demand more frames. Alas, these was all I could find.

Edited by Pokémon Trainer

@Pokémon Trainer

I'll go with the latter, seems real simple. Altho I gotta ask, do I have the custom balloons alone in 1 sheet? I can pretty much get a laughing balloon icon so just need to know how the sheet itself works as I know they work differently depending on the name having $ or not.

EDIT: Yeah not working (Casper's script) as it keeps saying there's a errors with:

""Line 85,  if !@balloon_sprite && @character.csca_balloon_id > 0"

I'm not sure why he never explained where exactly to put the sheet, assumed the same as the default Balloon sheet. Tried both script commands (on the 3rd event page as well as inside set move route) as well but I have no idea what's wrong. I went and made this,

post-67242-0-95649800-1492190197_thumb.png

not perfectly rounded but good enough for testing. Not to complain but all he says in the script is the Ids and such, "not" how you're suppose to name the sheet nor where to place it. At last he gave this example "csca_balloon(1,1,"BalloonExample",true)"  but why is it saying there's a error related to line 85?

I saw this guy's last login was back in 2015 so not likely he'll be back anytime soon.

Edited by Darkness Void

You might be doing something wrong. If not, then it might have incompatibility with your other scripts. For me, it works fine on a fresh project.

I find the instruction on the script quite understandable, actually.

D0NbqhS.gif

I don't have much details of your project so just check everything you could using this reference. I've attached a ZIP file as well. Check below.

Project1.zip

Edited by Pokémon Trainer

@Pokémon Trainer

Thanks for the zip, let's see here....wait you put the script ABOVE Materials? Where in the script did say that! Up to now every single script had to be inside Materials, but let me place it where you did and see if it'll work. Er didn't work. Hm, I'll just test in a new project----and it works there. So assume it is having incompatibility..not sure why it would. Suppose I'll give the other script a shot later and see if it'll work.

Atm have 6 custom scripts so not sure where to begin in fixing this one.

For ACE, That would be Tsukihime's Icon Balloon.

I took a look and might give this a try (assume by still images he meant the sprites?) but I saw someone named Victor Sant say the below quote. However where do I do it? Do I split them up and paste in groups? I went ahead and backed up the sprite_character script in case I mess up and ruin it.

You forgot to add the superclass of Sprite_Character

class Sprite_Character < Sprite_Base

alias :th_icon_balloon_initialize :initialize

def (viewport, character = nil)

@icon_balloon_duration = 0

th_icon_balloon_initialize(viewport, character)

end

alias :th_icon_balloon_dispose :dispose

def dispose

th_icon_balloon_dispose

end_icon_balloon

end

alias :th_icon_balloon_update :update

def update

th_icon_balloon_update

update_icon_balloon

end

end