Tsukihime

Player Switch - Multiple players

Yes I am somewhat inconsistent with "game" keys and "keyboard" keys. Because someone might have re-mapped their game keys or something.

Hey there! The script looks great! I haven't tried it out though, as it's not something I need for my project right now, but perhaps in the future. I was just wondering, do the players have to be on the same map? Or is possible to switch between different players on different maps?

I have a question about this script. Is there a way to merge the players? For example those 3 you have end up joining up towards the end of the game. Allowing all the inventories to merge and then turning off the player switch system.

I use a couple of your other scripts too, great work!

No, but it doesn't sound difficult to implement. Maybe I will look into it some time next week or the week after.

The basic way to merge players would be to make a script call (story-based)

Another way would be to actually talk to a player on the map, though I wouldn't have any functionality for ungrouping so I probably won't implement it (even though it's trivial after the first part is done)

Edited by Tsukihime

Ok cool.Thanks. I've been coding with RGSS3 a little bit and have learned my way around it a little,so when I get home I'll look into it. I'm basically looking to have 1 to 4 parties present in my game at any time, with a main base that holds all the characters you've recruited ( think Suikoden, lots of Actors), and to manage it I want to try to make a party window like FF6 whenever the party splits and regroups.

Example: Parties 1,3, and 4 are not at base. Party 2 goes back to regroup, change characters, etc. They can't pick anyone from the parties that are out. Before big events all 4 parties are at base,they go to set out, need a party window that will let you build all 4 at a time.

Your Player select works great for managing the seperate parties, so maybe once I've learned more I can make an add-on.

Edit:

After playing with this in a fresh project I put it in my main project. I noticed their is a compatability issue with YEA - Party System which is a real shame since it is such a nice system. I'm trying to find the issue but both scripts are very detailed and my knowledge is limited.

Edited by Holy2Tack

I have been playing around with it and it's great, I hope you'll keep adding and supporting this one! Too bad it doesn't really work with Khas Awesome Lightning though...

Hey Tsukihime, this is fantastic. My question is could you make it work with your party dropoff script? For example, once you drop off a party member with your dropoff script, be able to switch to them with this script? I think it would be an amazing system.

The party drop-off script does not actually treat them as players, though I guess you could technically create a player on-drop-off and then delete the player when you re-group.

Hmm...

Doesn't work with Yanfly's Party System. It keeps telling me the Game_Interpreter is throwing a NoMethodError on "include?" for nil:NilClass.

Tsukihime , is it possible to teleport created players to other maps ?

Becouse it's a little hard to have to manually put them all in the other map . 

$game_players.create_player(2, 1, 5, 6)

The last 3 arguments specify the map ID and x,y position to create them.

This script is awesome :wub:

One question: is there a way to add/reduce HP to an inactive player (e.g. by cure actions or event damage)?

Thank you so much,
Morrigan

I love this script!  Super well done.  Only question I have is is there an easy way to disable the need for the moghunter script and just rotate through my characters using one button to rotate left through them and another to rotate right?

Unfortunately this script was written specifically to use mog's character select and is not really flexible to change without rewriting it.

Questions: Is there a way to delete a player after so long?

I've added a script call

delete_player(player_id)
which allows you to delete a player.

When you create a player, you can store some number in a variable and use a parallel process common event as a countdown before deleting the player.

• Like 1

Neat. Thanks! I'm using like two hundred (exaggeration) of yuor scripts in my game, and this is now being added to my collection!

Edited by Geekman
  • Like 1

@Tsukihime, when I switch player, I can't see where the player is; I'm using the last version of the script.

The script is absolute GENIUS!! Genius I say! This will be perfect for my game! :D I just hope that it is functional with the other scripts I have in the game. Lol! If it's not, it will definitely be in my other projects.

And I would definitely suggest that you make it so you can instantly switch between the different parties with 1,2,3,4,5 keys. That would be very handy for puzzles and fast paced moments.

Edited by KevinFrost
  • Like 1

I would like to provide a more flexible set of scripts for multiple players that would make it easy to extend.

But...not sure when that will happen.

So its possible to create a whole separate party? I kind wanna do something like FF8.

Yes, you would have separate parties.
  • Like 1

How are you switching players.

by pressing button, with mog modified character selection.

• Like 1

I think this question may have already been asked, but I read it a couple times and couldn't figure out if this is what they were asking or not. So I'll ask it anyway! Because this would be really handy to have for my game.

Would you be willing (or would it be possible) to make it so that you could take one person from one party, and another person from another party, and combine them into one party? And then if later in the game you want/need to have two parties you can split them up?

• Like 1