Victor Sant

VE - Actors Battlers

Victor Engine - Actors Battlers

Actors%20Battlers.PNG

This script adds visible battler graphics for the party actors actors during combat. With the visible battlers, new options will be available like setting actor’s battlers positions and attack animations.

Download:

Victor Engine - Actors Battlers

Credits:

Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Edited by Victor Sant

I thought i would let you know, i don't know if it's a bug or not, but when i put in the info for position of the player, it just seems to sit them down at the bottom center, maybe i'm typing the layout in the comment wrong or something, i'm not sure.

Sorry my bad, it's not a bug >_<

I keep getting an error when i test my battles in the database.

post-75-0-78621500-1324494202_thumb.png

I don't get it during actual gameplay though.

Edited by Michael Ponder Jr

Hi. Is there a way to make the battler overlap the actor window? I've tried raising the z value in the script but that doesn't seem the way to do it.

This script works with YEA-AceBattleEngine, so I'm aiming to remove the draw_actor_face from YF's script and place the battler sprite over it or maybe in the actor window itself.

I'm really not desperate for such a feature, but it would be nice to know if it is possible to do and maybe a little help on how I should go about achieving the effect. (Someone else had asked me for help on such a feature so I'm just trying to help that person out)

Edited by Seiryuki

@Seiryuki

To place them over the window you could replace the def create_actors from the script with this:

def create_actors
   @viewport3.z = 101
   @actor_sprites = $game_party.battle_members.reverse.collect do |actor|
  actor.setup_position
  Sprite_Battler.new(@viewport3, actor)
   end
   @actors_party = $game_party.battle_members.dup
 end

Now to place them inside the window... there's no way, since the info is drawn on the window, and the window viewport is limited to the window size. It would require a lot of rewrites wich would totally destroy the script compatibility. On XP the text .z was different from the backround .z so it was easier to place the battlers "between" them, but on VX/VXa they're on the same level, so there's no way to do that without heavy edits.

Thanks Victor! It works.

Ah, I understand what you're saying if I was to try to draw the sprite inside of the window.....because I was hoping to use the z feature to move it in between text and HP bars etc. but that would, as you said, require a lot of rewriting.

But the script change you gave works neat. Thanks.

the problem lies on the viewports. no matter which is the sprite.z, the most important is the viewport.z.

so a sprite with viewport.z == 99 and sprite.z == 9999 would still bellow a window with viewport.z == 100

Edited by Victor Sant

I don't know if you've covered this (if so, my apologies) but something I am doing is messing up your script.

Before I edited actor position, my animated battle appeared as the full charset (you know, all positions) and now that I have edited positions, he's invisible.. O_O

This is the only edit I made:

1 => {x: 445, y: 192}, # Position for the first actor.
   2 => {x: 467, y: 212}, # Position for the second actor.
   3 => {x: 489, y: 232}, # Position for the third actor.
   4 => {x: 511, y: 252}, # Position for the fourth actor.

In my actor notes i've put <actor battler: Kid Shade Aurion_battler[anim]>

And put the graphic in the battlers folder.

What have I done?! lol

In my actor notes i've put <actor battler: Kid Shade Aurion_battler[anim]>

You don't need to add the [anim] suffix to the battler name.

Also, use "battler name" (without quotes) rather than "actor battler."

Try replacing what you've got with: <battler name: Kid Shade Aurion_battler>

I currently have two party members in battle, but they always both appear as the same image (which ever image I define second in the code). My code is as follows, with 'Bandit' and 'Gentleman' as the actor names, and 'bb' and 'bg' as the graphic names.

def actor_battler_name

actor.note =~ /<BATTLER NAME: Gentleman([^><]*)>/i ? $1.to_s : "bg"

actor.note =~ /<BATTLER NAME: Bandit([^><]*)>/i ? $1.to_s : "bb"

end

Thanks for any help!

Why the hell did you edit it on the code?

Man if you don't know script REALLY, don't touch the code!

The script offers notetags so you can setup their battler names on the database, just follow the instructions.

Is there anyway I would be able to put the content in the actor notes into the classes notes? For the game I'm making, this is sort of required! If you could help me out I would be so grateful!  :lol:

Hey Victor. I went on your word press to download the actor battlers script but when it gets to your drop box account, I get error 509, saying that the account has temp been suspended do to lots of traffic. is there some where else I could get the script?

Hey Victor. I went on your word press to download the actor battlers script but when it gets to your drop box account, I get error 509, saying that the account has temp been suspended do to lots of traffic. is there some where else I could get the script?

Having this same problem