gurisha

Seriously Looking for Serious People to Help With Serious Project (Seriously) (Fantasy RPG)

game_image_thingy_by_gurisha293-dbdhb9n.

(Title Unknown)

Basic Rundown::

Game Engine:: RPG Maker MV

Genre:: Fantasy, RPG, Comedy, Crushing Drama

Release:: Commercial

Graphic Style:: Two different styles to reflect the real world and the fantasy world. The "real world" will be shown through simple animations, with a semi-realistic art style. The "fantasy world" is to be portrayed in the traditional pixel art form.

Synopsis:: A child is diagnosed with cancer. As his family crumbles around him with stress, fading hope and unanswered prayers, you, a young doctor, see the pain on this child's face every day. He knows nothing of what his illness is, only of what it's taking. He knows not that it's not his fault, but the impurity inside him. He needs a friend, but all he has is hurt. Until you.

You begin to visit him, during your breaks at first, then after work. Soon enough you spend whole days with the young boy when most would be resting after the long week. You conjure up amazing tales of bravery in which both yourself and the boy fight monsters and save princesses, marrying them sometimes (often multiple, as bigamy means nothing to the child).

The stories do nothing to help the child physically. He grows weaker with every day. But every once in a while, when the day has been saved once again, you see a smile on that young boy's face, and you know that this whole thing is worth it.

One day you know you won't be able to go into that room, and you won't be able to recite another story, and you won't be able to see that smile again. It'll kill you, but you tried your hardest up to that point. Wherever that child is, he'll remember everything, especially the young doctor who took what little time they had and spent it making this broken child whole once more.

The Amazing People I Need::

Writers::

The focus of this game is the relationship between the doctor and sick child. While much of the game will take place in a hyper-fantastical world where there are no serious limits, the relationship between the protagonists needs to be grounded in reality. I need a writer (or a few) that would be able to switch between the hyper-fantasy and the real world to give the player a sense of the world these two come from, that the fantasy is an escape, but one that can't be simply used as a cover-up.

Concept Artist::

I need someone, or a few people, with the creativity to design environments, creatures and concept images for the rest of the team to build off.

Sound Effects Design::

A game wouldn't be complete without sound effects. I need someone talented to create the physical environment of the game through the use of ambient effects, as well as active effects (opening of doors, cries of mystical dragons, etc.).

"Real World"::

Artists/Animators

Much of the style of the real world is less blatantly cartoon/pixel art styled as the fantasy world. So I'm looking for people whose prominent style, or are proficient, in this area. Furthermore, as the game progresses, the use of grey and black tones will be especially important. Animation is not a necessity, but would bring an extra dynamic to the game.

"Fantasy World"::

Pixel Artists (Characters/Tilesets/etc)

The fantasy world is very much a pixel world, full of color, happiness, hope, and life. I need creative pixel artists to not only portray this in the world, but to also create unique environments for the characters, through the use of art.

Still Artists/Animators

Cut-scenes within the fantasy world would use a similar pixel style to the game-play. Again, this will also be brightly colored and innocent. As with the real world, animation would only bring an extra dynamic to the game and is not a necessity.

Scripter

For the full game to stand out, I need someone to find/create the necessary scripts to have the game function to its best possible potential.

Eventers

Sometimes we can't always find that event solution to a certain problem, so more than one eventer would be useful so that we don't get too crazy stuck with a problem.

Housekeeping::

Compensation:: "I never carry a wallet while I'm working; ruins the lines of my suit... But how about a crisp high-five?" - Deadpool

Of course, I'd totally credit you in the final product, and if it makes money there's that sweet revenue share! (which would then have to be discussed). And I can always help with a project of yours! Other than having this wonderful face, I'm a great composer~

Communication:: Yes. Probably through Discord, e-mail, and PMs. I do pay attention to my messages! There'll also likely be a google drive/docs things going for notes and file sharing.

If you wanna help, let me know! I'll pay attention to all my PMs.

Or e-mail that works too~

TransitionDivided@Outlook.com

1, about how much are you willing to pay for all of this?

2, if you´re offering a small or non-existent amount, what quality games have you made already that can pull this kind of charity?

I´m sorry for sounding rude, because I like your concept, but in order to lead a development team effectively, you need either proof of skill or proof of wallet. :(

Edited by lianderson