SpuddyFerret

music Ferret Entertainment - Free Music Requests

HIQ1mAj.png

​---

​My name's Harriet and I'm a composer of music. I've been composing music for around 2 years, and I'm willing to help you get the video game music you desire.

I compose mostly, and pretty much always, orchestral. I do use electronic sounds and modern instruments such as Electric Guitars, synths and drums, but I sometimes blend the two together.

Examples

Example work from the game soundtrack â€‹Yandere Simulator (2017+, YandereDev)

The First Tragedy -

Example work from the game soundtrack â€‹The Legend of Jerry Quiver: Rise of The Dominion (2017+, Ferret Entertainment):

​Peaceful Melodies

Melody for Forests -

Character Theme -

Character Theme -

​Battle Melodies

Jazz -

Metal/Orchestral -

Abstract -

​Route Melodies

Creepy -

Dark Orchestral -

Cheerful -

​Character Themes

​Cinematic Melodies

Here is how the process works:

1. You send me a PM on this website, and you tell me what you want. You must tell me EVERYTHING about the character/location/subject or the song will not be as good as it possibly can be. Please give me an example of another piece of music that you want your track to sound like.

2. I will send you a basic piano music file with the melody and simple accompaniment. You will then give me feedback on the piece, if you want it to sound different and to have other adjustments.

3. I finish the piece and I will give you the final music track to you in MP3 and in other desired formats. If you would like me to loop your track, please say so.

4. This is all for ​free.​ I am here to gain experience, you want some music. No money is required here.

Use this form for an easy request:

​Ferret Entertainment Commission:

​Name: -

Theme/Route/Cinematic/Battle/Peaceful?: -

​Is your desired piece orchestral?: -

​Details about Subject (Character/Location etc.): -

-

-

-

Desired File Format: -

​Do you want the Track to loop? -

​---

​Rules

​1. I do one client at a time. If you arrive before someone else, you will have top priority. If you ask before I have finished another song, you will be put on a waiting list until I am done.

​2. I have the right to decline your request for ANY reason.

3. Two songs at a time.

​4. Yes, I will work for any game.

​

​I hope I can help you in your video game!

​Harriet

Edited by SpuddyFerret

On 8/2/2017 at 0:57 AM, PhoenixSoul said:

This is interesting. I think I may inquire about some music. (in the future)

Right now, I'm still developing in other areas. I have a lot of sprites and such to create.

OKAY! I didn't understand because it showed up wonky on my screen as: r â€‹free.​ 

lmfao

but THATS NUTS

esp for taking requests like

WHY ARE YOU SO NICE XD

lolz

@PhoenixSylph The forum update did a lot of damage to characters made with ten-key commands (holding down [alt] and pressing a series of numbers on the ten-key keypad); my location, which uses a lot of vowel accents, was completely messed up by the forum update, for example.

Why is she so nice? Why not?

Honestly, doing things for free, or for barter, shows a goodness deep within. Diamond Dev.

Wow, music requests for free? You're so nice ^^ and the music's quality is fairly good~

I think I'll request you if I can't find the music I need, if you're still open for work.

I have questions before that, though.

-Can you finish a work before a deadline? (I'm currently doing a project for IGMC, that has a deadline of 6th November - simply, less than a month)

-Can you compose 16-bit/SNES-styled music? (basically, chiptune if it's that)

-Can you compose a whole OST (meaning all of the tracks played in a game) for a game project? (I believe it's too much, but still, if you're open for it that would be extremely great!)

Hope it's not too much :)

Edited by Crescent

A bit late but here I am~

SpuddyFerret recently did a phenomenal job in composing whole OST (that link doesn't have all the tracks in it btw) (around 18 tracks in chiptune style!) in just less than a month, for my project that was supposed to be my IGMC 2017 entry but I failed at completing it within time - although I'm still excited in using these tracks for the project that I'll be redoing from start (yass MORE CHANCES TO USE SPUDDY'S MUSIC *insert evil laugh*) The big thing is that, she is very fast and DOES MUSIC FOR FREE she just asked for some pixel art in return but she really doesn't cost anything from you~

She's very fun (she sends you funny videos XD) to work with - she also understanding and humble to talk with (also thanks to her for suggesting me some name ideas for my project!)

I highly recommend hiring her for some quality music for your games! :D

I'll definitely hire her again (okay i'm broke lol and i really want to pay her for her hardwork lol lol)

Edited by Crescent