Hello!

I have come across the Melodia script by moghunter but it is no longer available. I cannot find it for the life of me.

What it does, and what I need, is a script that I can attach to a skill. Then, even that skill is cast, a guitar hero/DDR/step mania event appears to pull off that specific move.

Let's say I have a skill called "sing." I apply the script so when that skill is cast, the player has to complete a small guitar hero type of action.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Hello there!

I've checked his site and it seems, that this script is still available, though I'm not sure.

This is the page with the script you have mentioned: https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rgss3-melodia/

You'll find the download link there, but Moghunter puts his scripts in master demos, so you'll have to download it and look for that script in the demo (project).

Take a look and see if this script is there.

Hope that helps!

Awesome!!

Thank you so much for your reply!

I was able to get the Melodia script BUT it is in Spanish. It is making it very difficult for me to understand!

It doesn't seem to be plug and play as I get errors right off the bat. (Syntax error - unexpected tIdentifier, expecting keyword_end Stage_Particles)

I have been able to work on and get around stuff with other scripts but the language barrier is making it tough :/   And I seem to be getting weird translations when I try to translate it.

If the simple answer is: HEY NOOB, YOU HAVE TO LEARN CODING!!! then I understand.

Any other help, in any way, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by Gaming4All

Hey Gaming4All. 

As someone who uses Moghunter scripts, I know how it is to have an issue working with the Portuguese script writing. Best bet would be to copy and paste chunks into Google Translate, which is what I do for things like the descriptions of what each code line does and whatnot. That's the best bet really, and it's what I've been doing for over a year. 

Second tip I can give you, of course, is to find all the files necessary within the demo Mog provides, as those are the files you need for your own game to not crash. Copy and paste, and you'll be good to go.

SPECIFICALLY, you'll need to go into: 

Graphics/Melodia

...and copy every image file there, from Back_01.jpg to Timer_Number.PNG. Better still, just copy the Melodia folder. 

Last but not least, the Melodia Script needs to be placed in the script list under Materials and above Main Process. 

Also make sure to go back to the demo to see which script calls were made EXACTLY when you activate the event through playing, etc. 

This is all your more base answers really, and I'm sure none of this will help, and you've probably figured it out by now. But this is all the help I can provide at the moment. Sorry mate.