Victor Sant

VE - Damage Popup

Victor Engine - Damage Popup

Damage%207.gifDamage%201.gifDamage%202.gif

This script adds an popup system to damage diplay. Allowing to view the damage and states change with visible digits that pop from target.

Download:

Victor Engine - Damage Popup

Credits:

Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Edited by Victor Sant

Longer than it has to be, you should simplify it. \

But works pretty well!

Why "longer than it has to be"? I don't get it.

i didn't know thar there was a rule for the size of the code for such system... :mellow:

Edited by Victor Sant

Longer than it has to be, you should simplify it. \

But works pretty well!

Why "longer than it has to be"? I don't get it.

i didn't know thar there was a rule for the size of the code for such system... :mellow:

hes saying that for what this script is doing, it can be done code. i think

What the script do is give a very high level of customization on the popup display, i could do hundreds of different displays for damage if i wanted to.

i don't see how i could make it smaller, not with all the customization it allow... (in fact the script is now 4 lines bigger due to a new option added x])

Oh, wow... I like your .gifs... I'd be too lazy to do that in one of my script topics. Anyways, naise script.

It's easy, i just record a video and then save it as .gif

i use Camtasia Studio to record the video, it allows to save videos as gif.

Edited by Victor Sant

What the script do is give a very high level of customization on the popup display, i could do hundreds of different displays for damage if i wanted to.

i don't see how i could make it smaller, not with all the customization it allow... (in fact the script is now 4 lines bigger due to a new option added x])

Im just explaining it, i like it how it is now.

you will hear no criticising from me

Edited by Rosenblack

Im just explaining it, i like it how it is now.

Okay, but if you (or anyone else) have a suggestion to make it smaller, without removing any feature, will be welcomed.

oh, that sounds like a challenge (too bad I can't script enough to do it :mellow: )

It's easy, i just record a video and then save it as .gif

i use Camtasia Studio to record the video, it allows to save videos as gif.

It's not a matter of easy or not. I'm usually too lazy to PrtSc. xD

Your script works perfectly, i have just one small problem. Why the default text that show the damage still appear? I mean the text that is shown in default battle system so that now i have your pop up damage and the default one together. Just to help you i will tell you what scripts i am using and in wich order:

ATB System of Fomar0153

Animated Battlers by Jet

Your basic victor engine

Your damage pop up

I did an upgrade to this script, it adds the options for outlines or shadows for the pop ups.

I asked if it was okay to show this, but he never responded, and considering the last message i ever sent him never got a reply, i figured i would go ahead and post this.. i take no credit in this script, it's just a modified version for those interested in these features.

I decided to do this cause i like adding options to things, it was an option i thought people might like, the other reason is i like having different display options for things through out a game, for my windows i like shadowed fonts, while things like pop up damage, i like being outlined.

If this goes against some rules me posting this, let me know and i will take it down.

It's a modification of 1.03

-EDIT-

I decided to change this up to something more acceptable, rather than the entire script, i will just show what needs changed in order to add these options.

Go to line 168 and add in options like i have just below this, between Italic and Font, you add 2 more statements, Shadow, and Outline. and set each one if they are true or false.

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 # * Set values for text damage display (VE_DAMAGE_DISPLAY = :text)
 VE_DAMAGE_TEXTS = {
# Type	  [ Red, Green, Blue, Size,  Bold, Italic, Shadow, Outline, Font],
default:	[ 255,   255,  255,   32, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
hp_damage:  [ 255,   255,  255,   32, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
mp_damage:  [ 128,	96,  255,   32, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
tp_damage:  [  96,   192,   96,   32, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
hp_recover: [ 160,   255,  128,   32, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
mp_recover: [ 255,   128,  255,   32, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
tp_recover: [ 128,   255,  224,   32, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
miss_text:  [ 160,   160,  160,   32, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
eva_text:   [ 160,   160,  160,   32, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
crt_damage: [ 255,	96,	0,   36, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
crt_text:   [ 255,   128,   96,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
weakness:   [ 255,   128,  128,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
resist:	 [ 128,   255,  255,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
imune:	  [ 160,   160,  160,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
absorb:	 [ 128,   255,  128,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
counter:	[ 255,   192,  128,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
reflect:	[ 128,   192,  255,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
covered:	[ 192,   255,  128,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
state_add:  [ 255,   255,  128,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
state_rmv:  [ 128,   255,  255,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
buff_add:   [ 255,   255,  128,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
buff_rmv:   [ 128,   255,  255,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
 }# Don't remove

Next go down further to line 872, and add in 2 more dummy_bitmap commands (not sure what you would call them i am going with command.) and add one called "dummy_bitmap.font.shadow = font_shadow", and one called "dummy_bitmap.font.outline = font_outline" if you look below you can see where i added them.

Then go down lower to "# * damage_bitmap" and right after "bitmap.font.italic = font_italic" and put 2 more bitmap.font commands as i have below, "bitmap.font.shadow = font_shadow" and "bitmap.font.outline = font_outline".

# * create_text
 def create_text(index, fixed = nil)
text = fixed ? fixed.to_s : index < 0 ? @text : @text[index..index]
dummy_bitmap = Bitmap.new(160, font_size + 2)
dummy_bitmap.font.size   = font_size
dummy_bitmap.font.name   = font_name
dummy_bitmap.font.bold   = font_bold
dummy_bitmap.font.italic = font_italic
dummy_bitmap.font.shadow = font_shadow
dummy_bitmap.font.outline = font_outline
dummy_bitmap.sfont = $sfont[0] if $imported[:ve_sfonts]
adjust = font_italic ? 4 : 2
size   = dummy_bitmap.text_size(text).width + adjust
dummy_bitmap.dispose
bitmap = damage_bitmap(size)
bitmap.draw_text(1, 0, size, font_size, text)
bitmap
 end
 # * damage_bitmap
 def damage_bitmap(size)
bitmap = Bitmap.new(size, font_size)
bitmap.font.size   = font_size
bitmap.font.name   = font_name
bitmap.font.bold   = font_bold
bitmap.font.italic = font_italic
bitmap.font.shadow = font_shadow
bitmap.font.outline = font_outline
bitmap.font.color.set(*get_color)
bitmap.sfont = $sfont[0] if $imported[:ve_sfonts] && VE_ALL_SFONT
bitmap
 end

Okay, now for the last part, this adds the options to the arrays at line 168 and down, you go down to line 937 it should be, and look for # * font_italic as shown below, change it's number from [6] to [5], then add as i have below, font_shadow and make it [6] then as i have below in the code, add the placement for outline which will be [7], then further down is the one for font name, the font it uses, and make it [8]

# * font_italic
 def font_italic
get_text[5]
 end
 # * font_shadow
 def font_shadow
get_text[6]
 end
 # * font_outline
 def font_outline
get_text[7]
 end
 # * font_name
 def font_name
get_text[8]
 end

And you're done, now you can choose outlines or shadows for each type of popup that shows.

At the point i'm sure the next version of the script will have these options added, not sure why they were not there already, they're pretty cool, specially if you like your menu's and message boxes to have a different style, more customizations are always cool.

Again, if it's not allowed, it can be taken down, i just thought others might get use out of this.

Also, i'm sorry if it's a problem, i'm only trying to be helpful...

Also... after figuring out how to just add these options... i gotta say... maybe i could make scripts... it's not too hard when you know what you can and can't type..

Edited by Michael Ponder Jr

I did an upgrade to this script, it adds the options for outlines or shadows for the pop ups.

I asked if it was okay to show this, but he never responded, and considering the last message i ever sent him never got a reply, i figured i would go ahead and post this.. i take no credit in this script, it's just a modified version for those interested in these features.

I decided to do this cause i like adding options to things, it was an option i thought people might like, the other reason is i like having different display options for things through out a game, for my windows i like shadowed fonts, while things like pop up damage, i like being outlined.

If this goes against some rules me posting this, let me know and i will take it down.

It's a modification of 1.03

-EDIT-

I decided to change this up to something more acceptable, rather than the entire script, i will just show what needs changed in order to add these options.

Go to line 168 and add in options like i have just below this, between Italic and Font, you add 2 more statements, Shadow, and Outline. and set each one if they are true or false.

# * Set values for text damage display (VE_DAMAGE_DISPLAY = :text)
 VE_DAMAGE_TEXTS = {
# Type	  [ Red, Green, Blue, Size,  Bold, Italic, Shadow, Outline, Font],
default:	[ 255,   255,  255,   32, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
hp_damage:  [ 255,   255,  255,   32, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
mp_damage:  [ 128,	96,  255,   32, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
tp_damage:  [  96,   192,   96,   32, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
hp_recover: [ 160,   255,  128,   32, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
mp_recover: [ 255,   128,  255,   32, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
tp_recover: [ 128,   255,  224,   32, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
miss_text:  [ 160,   160,  160,   32, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
eva_text:   [ 160,   160,  160,   32, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
crt_damage: [ 255,	96,	0,   36, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
crt_text:   [ 255,   128,   96,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
weakness:   [ 255,   128,  128,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
resist:	 [ 128,   255,  255,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
imune:	  [ 160,   160,  160,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
absorb:	 [ 128,   255,  128,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
counter:	[ 255,   192,  128,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
reflect:	[ 128,   192,  255,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
covered:	[ 192,   255,  128,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
state_add:  [ 255,   255,  128,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
state_rmv:  [ 128,   255,  255,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
buff_add:   [ 255,   255,  128,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
buff_rmv:   [ 128,   255,  255,   22, false,  false, false, true, "Arial Black"],
 }# Don't remove

Next go down further to line 872, and add in 2 more dummy_bitmap commands (not sure what you would call them i am going with command.) and add one called "dummy_bitmap.font.shadow = font_shadow", and one called "dummy_bitmap.font.outline = font_outline" if you look below you can see where i added them.

Then go down lower to "# * damage_bitmap" and right after "bitmap.font.italic = font_italic" and put 2 more bitmap.font commands as i have below, "bitmap.font.shadow = font_shadow" and "bitmap.font.outline = font_outline".

# * create_text
 def create_text(index, fixed = nil)
text = fixed ? fixed.to_s : index < 0 ? @text : @text[index..index]
dummy_bitmap = Bitmap.new(160, font_size + 2)
dummy_bitmap.font.size   = font_size
dummy_bitmap.font.name   = font_name
dummy_bitmap.font.bold   = font_bold
dummy_bitmap.font.italic = font_italic
dummy_bitmap.font.shadow = font_shadow
dummy_bitmap.font.outline = font_outline
dummy_bitmap.sfont = $sfont[0] if $imported[:ve_sfonts]
adjust = font_italic ? 4 : 2
size   = dummy_bitmap.text_size(text).width + adjust
dummy_bitmap.dispose
bitmap = damage_bitmap(size)
bitmap.draw_text(1, 0, size, font_size, text)
bitmap
 end
 # * damage_bitmap
 def damage_bitmap(size)
bitmap = Bitmap.new(size, font_size)
bitmap.font.size   = font_size
bitmap.font.name   = font_name
bitmap.font.bold   = font_bold
bitmap.font.italic = font_italic
bitmap.font.shadow = font_shadow
bitmap.font.outline = font_outline
bitmap.font.color.set(*get_color)
bitmap.sfont = $sfont[0] if $imported[:ve_sfonts] && VE_ALL_SFONT
bitmap
 end

Okay, now for the last part, this adds the options to the arrays at line 168 and down, you go down to line 937 it should be, and look for # * font_italic as shown below, change it's number from [6] to [5], then add as i have below, font_shadow and make it [6] then as i have below in the code, add the placement for outline which will be [7], then further down is the one for font name, the font it uses, and make it [8]

# * font_italic
 def font_italic
get_text[5]
 end
 # * font_shadow
 def font_shadow
get_text[6]
 end
 # * font_outline
 def font_outline
get_text[7]
 end
 # * font_name
 def font_name
get_text[8]
 end

And you're done, now you can choose outlines or shadows for each type of popup that shows.

At the point i'm sure the next version of the script will have these options added, not sure why they were not there already, they're pretty cool, specially if you like your menu's and message boxes to have a different style, more customizations are always cool.

Again, if it's not allowed, it can be taken down, i just thought others might get use out of this.

Also, i'm sorry if it's a problem, i'm only trying to be helpful...

Also... after figuring out how to just add these options... i gotta say... maybe i could make scripts... it's not too hard when you know what you can and can't type..

I'm sure it's fine, I think the guy is taking a break or something, but I don't imagine he would mind you doing this. pretty awesome anyway.

Is there a way to set it to where the damage will appear above my character's sprite, or over the character's information window at the bottom of the screen? It works perfect for the enemy I attack, just would like to see a number return on my side as well. =)

Fore some reason, when I use this script, enemies stop fading upon death. They just stay in battle, untargetable... Has anyone else run into this issue, and if so, any idea what the problem is?