Amysaurus

Second Chance [In Development]

[IMG]

RdInDAA.pngOverview:

Engine: RPG Maker MV 
Genre: Mystery, side-scroller 
Recruitment: Pixel artists, menu designers

EAVTELq.pngSynopsis: 
Chance knew from the day he was born that he was bound for greatness. Unfortunately, Chance was horribly misguided in this assumption. 

In the far-away city of Los Cactus, there have been murders most foul. Monster-kind is being shunned from the streets, the blame for these murders falling on their shoulders. An election on the horizon threatens to jeopardize their position in the world even further! Just who will step up to save them?

Unfortunately for the monsters, that person is Chance Thomson, a hopelessly errant detective who struggles to tie his own shoelaces! Monster-kind's only hope lies in he and his new partner, a mysterious lady named Grace. With her help, can Chance shape up and solve the mysteries surrounding Los Cactus?

Play as Chance in a collection of mysteries against tricky foes and cunning set-ups! Piece together clues to discover the villain's narrative, and do your best not to nab the wrong guy! Meet a wide cast of colorful characters, from zombie waitresses to your very own Slime Friend™, and try to break a very inconvenient sleep cycle!

bVe1zFk.pngCharacters:

Spoiler

qOo3JDd.png 
Chance, the Not-So-Super Sleuth: A young detective controlled by you, the player! He was born and raised in a small town, on the other side of the country from Los Cactus, but moved to the city in order to meet more babes. Instead, he found himself in a dead-end detective gig, trying to find the person who murdered his social life.

wUqfy1J.png 
Grace, the Very Good Bad Cop: New to Los Cactus, Grace is able to put her skills to work getting Chance in line. She's a cop at heart, and the only thing she likes more than beating up baddies and putting them behind bars is a well-deserved drink after a long day.

zoybbnm.png 
The Boss: Leaving on a so-called business trip to the tropical isles of Vana Hula, she leaves Chance and Grace at the helm of the detective agency. How will Chance survive without his mentor?

veDqnUi.png Gameplay Features:

Spoiler
  • Branching dialogue: The way you choose to interact with witnesses will not only affect their reactions in the present, but in the future as well. Be careful! A cooperative witness can make or break a case!

• Dialogue- and exploration-centric gameplay. Exploring your environment and interacting with other characters are key in this game. Use evidence and testimony gathered via interactions to crack cases wide open! 

• Grading system: At the end of each case, you’ll receive a grade based on your investigative skills! The higher your score, the better your reputation becomes! 

• Bus travel system: Don’t feel like traversing the whole city? Head to the nearest bus stop and catch a ride to your desired destination!

• Fully-custom graphics and music to help bring the story to life!

ZZPJEAQ.png Screenshots:

Spoiler

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

5T4xisD.png Credits:
Of course, this project wouldn’t be possible without the help from my wonderful team, and many of the generous contributors in this community:

Spoiler
Graphics:
Amysaurus
iblamevictoria
@Nirwanda

Writing:
@Jon (NPC)
@Clydous
@Nirwanda

Music + Sound Design:
@Clydous
@DrassRay-Jacob
@Saltwater Croc

Programming + Development:
DireDimes
TehGuy

Other:
Aenigma Fonts
Zacchary Dempsey-Plante

Want to show your support? Here's a banner!:
[IMG]
Spoiler

[URL='http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/40936-second-chance-in-development/'][IMG=http://i.imgur.com/H77gmx5.png][/URL]

Edited by Amysaurus

I have a feeling I'll like this game. I already laughed for, like, 10 minutes at "Los Cactus" and then "Genericola - It's OK" made me laugh even harder. The screenies look great and I'm loving the graphics so far! Keep up the good work :D

Thanks! I have been 1000% swamped with schoolwork + illness, but thankfully I've been able to work on a few menu mockups during class:

Here's a title screen I put together to work on idle/background animations:

And here's a save select menu I made to work on menu designs:

These most likely won't be the final versions, but I find it helpful to make a prototype before I commit to a design idea. All of the music is by the ever-awesome Clydous! :smile:
Edited by Amysaurus

This game looks like a lot of fun!  I like the idea of have a lot of the game play deal with dialogue and interactions, with those interactions having lasting effects throughout the game.  It makes you think about how you talk to people.

@PhoenixSoul Thanks! And yeahhhh, I think the temperature flip-flopping so much lately has been getting to a lot of folks here haha.
@ECG Wolf Thank you! It's been a lot of fun figuring out how the different scenarios are going to play out. :)
@Cap_H Lol! Thanks, and will do, hehehe. I plan on making an RMN page once I get a little further along - I'd like to have a demo ready to go first. ^^

D9940Xs.png                  Sl84T9L.png
I'd just like to take a moment to remind all of you that every cactus is beautiful.
. . .

....And, more importantly, that we're back into the swing of things! Our goal is to get a demo of our first case out by March-April, so we can show off what we've been up to. :smile:

Here's a bit of what I've been working on recently:

AgSdpda.png
ARRVNO6.png 
l6Fq2Or.png