lonequeso

'Splain Your Username

Well. Lone made a thread and received an old concept? Must I answer? XD

Anyway, starting off with my main name, I basically went off of Zanta from Ed's world. As copy/paste as it is, it rolls off the tongue to be Rezanta, and the nickname Rez is fun to have! I go by Goshot and Smoigh, which I guess I'll explain as well.

Goshot- while Spearof is my artist name to a degree, Goshot came from (lame enough) me being tired. So, Go was from go to bed while shot was my eyes being shot.

Smoigh- any game that is strategy based, Magic, Yugioh, Pokemon, Monster Hunter, and some MMO RPGS for example, are games I can get behind. I also love games (shown on my profile page) in some other genres, which boiled down to my subnames I like. Phoenix on and Gryphonmon from Digimon, Luxray EX and other Pokemon names, and Simorgh, Bird of Divinity from Yugioh. I settled on Smoigh as it's easy on the mouth, and fun to say!

I have a pretty basic concept as well. Back when I played Medal Of Honor I was the second best among my friends.

I was like a terminator, and I put my name in there. so roninator... 

the number is because I had to add a number for my email. Weird thing is I'm pretty sure I have an account without the number but could never remember the password.

Nekotori is just a mix of Neko (Cat) and Kotori.

But my username is mostly confused as "catbird" (Neko is cat Tori is bird in Japanese)

@Nekotori Neko, and Kotori...

In my native tongue, 'kotori' has a few different meanings, one of which is a bit on the higher-end of PG-13 stuffs...

'pail' (as in, a water bucket), 'stylus' (which is to us a long and thin brush), 'press' (involving a piece of machinery that uses heat/pressure to compress various things), a seven stringed instrument with strings made of either copper, teraban sinew (a type of quadruped beast whose fur is very valuable), or refined alleworm silk (alleworms are very 'gross' in appearance and scare off most but are truly harmless otherwise-their silk can be used to make fabrics of exquisite feel and can also be fire/pressure hardened to make armor), 'kotorejo' is a reference to a call girl, in a more polite and casual tone, 'kotoresshuro' is basically the same reference, but would be more attributed to shouting 'Whore!' at someone, and is very vulgar.

I was in a HUGE Naruto phase as a kid and believed Tobi was Kakashi's deceased friend Obito who faked his death.

.... Which turned out to be canon 8 years later, AFTER I have long gotten out of that phase. But I've grown so attached to the name and didn't want to change it, so it stuck. LOL

My username comes from my main OC, Mikomi Kisomi. She's not my oldest OC (I believe she was the third character I ever created, the first two being fandom OCs), but she's the one I picked to be my mascot 7... 8 years ago? She's also the girl in my icon, as drawn by me. Not that exciting sadly :" D

The username I have now was when I was trying to come up with a name for my player character in Final Fantasy 14. At the time, I was sort of in the process of rewriting a story and I wanted to have a name that really meant something. So, to google I went and started typing out things and stuff that translated into Japanese. Soon enough, the word "reminiscence" crossed my mind since it was the title of the story I was writing at the time. So, I popped it into google and asked what it translated into and the word "Kaisō" was the result. I really liked the name and went with that as the first name of my character for Final Fantasy 14.

The last name, though, was a bit tricky since I wasn't sure what would go good with the name... I tried out a bunch of random names, but none of them seemed to hit the mark for me. I'm not entirely sure how I came across the name, but at the time I was looking for a good translation for the word "brave" in some random language and came across the word "Ari" and thought, "That's the one!" and soon Kaiso Ari was born! To me, it meant "Brave Memory" in a rough translation of sorts and stuck with it since.

Before that name, though, I've always gone under the name PyroFoxBoy... And yeah... I'm not very proud of that name, but it was the best I could come up with when you're young and dumb. :lol: