lonequeso

'Splain Your Username

There was an old thread about this a while back. Instead of going all necromancer in it, I'm making a shiny new one. Simple enough. Why did you chose your username? 

Mine is an old name I've been using since the days of America Online. And now I feel old... I've used it for many games and it's my gamertag for Xbox. it came into existence as a combination of creativity and stupidity back before I was even a teenager. A friend of mine and I were writing scripts for our own animated sitcom. The quality was about what'd you;d expect from a couple 12(?) year olds. The main character's catchphrase, was "I like cheese." Epic, I know. That accounts for the queso half of my name. The lone is a reference to lone ranger which is interesting because I was never really a fan. Can you tell which part was creativity and which one was stupidity? Obviously, the name stuck.

How about you, person who is currently reading this? Where did your username come from? 

Edited by lonequeso

Mine is well you know Perang = War and Cemen = Loser, that because I'm always suck at MMO RPG, I keep beaten by other over and over, yeah they have nimbly finger, while I'm here the slow one(Both in mind and finger), and after that they keep calling me loser in war, since my death count is the highest, well forget about that, for some reason this name sound cool, then I use google to translate this Loser War to many kind of language into Zulu, Latin, Frisia, etc. and in the end I chose this one "Perang Cemen" it's sound so weird, but yeah who care about that at least I know, no one gona use this, so this username is mine... and so anyone have Perang Cemen as their username must be me or my ally or... my fans(if I have one or two).

Let say this name was creativity from stupidity.

I got this idea after mumble to myself and order some pizza, this name just pop out.

I remember when I first started, I never knew if your name was a small L or a capital I. I originally thought it was an I so I got worried.
I actually resorted to copy/pasting your name way back just to be safe xD

Mines is lame. I used to be known as "Tails212". Miles Tales Prower from the Sonic franchise is still one of my favorite characters so i originally and creatively... stole his name. After a few years though, i wanted to "grow up" from that name.

I used to RP (roleplay) back in the day. Originally started RP'ing on a site named "Ninjas and Pirates" (I was a ninja, FYI) and decided to make a character. I obtained the online persona name, Alex. Afterwards, I started making companions for her based on my different personalities. One of which was a kickboxing martial artist with no magical abilities. After some google searches of Japanese names, i settled with "Kai Takeo". Translated to "Hero Release".

Essentially I started shipping Alex, the clumsy fire user with Kai, the hard working martial artist and started using the username "TakeoAlex".
Eventually though, I just dropped the Alex part but using just "Takeo" was like 99% of the time, unavilable so I went back to my roots and added a "212" to the end.

I've now used this username for over 6 years now. So yea, there's my boring life story on how I got my name xD
A name no one remembers despite using the same name everywhere Dx /sulks

@Amysaurus and apparently, eating people too, lol

PhoenixSoul...

Spiritual Embodiment is something all things have, mortal, non-mortal, inanimate...

That said, not all Spiritual Embodiment has form. I'm an exception, because I am a non-mortal imprisoned inside a mortal's body (that is to be explained further another time).

Yes, my embodiment is that of the Phoenix. What does this mean?

Well, in short, the Phoenix is the omniversal symbol of purity; her rage is primal and only invoked by the folly of others.

So, why is this my embodiment?

Good question. But, just like the question of why Peter Parker was bitten by the spider, I do not have an answer.

"You compare yourself/life with that of Spider-Man a lot, I've noticed..."

Likely because there's a lot of life lessons within the story, and this one line...

"With great power, comes great responsibility..."

I also happen to be an avid fan of/fan fiction writer and shipper for Spider-Man. It just so happens that I love the fan fiction pairing of Spider-Man and Sailor Moon (imagine this and just see how well these two would get along).

I also love the Spidey Art done by Alex Ross, what a brilliant illustrator (in the second Spider-Man movie, the costume was designed with Ross' signature Red and Black design-a timeless classic).

Oh, but I'm prattling on here, on and on about a Marvel character. lolz

Why did I choose PhoenixSoul as my username?

I gave you the back story on my embodiment, not the reason why.

I honestly am tired of the current mockery of myself I currently have as a universal moniker. I went with something else and came up with this on the fly, but had it relate to my now dead account on RMW (thanks a F**KING LOT you a**hole hacker f**ks!) by the name of Rainbowwings (though the feathers of a Phoenix are actually translucent and have no color at all, in different angles of light they tend to have a rainbow sheen).

Edited by Seriel
Censored swears

My dad used to spend his last few bucks every couple of weeks when I got to see him at the video store. We picked up the whole box set of the Guyver, there were six of them in total and I remember watching it thinking how bloody it was. I was nine years old at the time, and my preconceived notion of a hero character was them always winning and kicking the shit out of everybody. Then came episode five, where they gut the main character and kill him bloody. Now at nine years old, that was a shock to my system, even though it was a cartoon. That's one of the few memories I have of my father, and so many online alias has been Guyver or some variant of it over the years. He was super cool to expose me to violence at a young age lmao.

Edited by Guyver

Mine might be a little lame, but whatever. I copy/pasted this from my "about me" page. Except for picture of Spectra. I prob should tho.

How did you get the name, Vectra?: The name is based off of my favorite bakugan character, Spectra. I took Spectra's name, took the "sp" out of it and put "v" and the name, Vectra, was created.

Who is spectra? Well:

latest?cb=20110809073304

I already explained my old user name in the old thread I think. But my new one I just switched too is obviously based on the initials for it. KilloZapit -> KZ -> Kayzee. And yeah, I know most of the world pronounces 'Z' like 'Zed'. But that's silly. Zed is such a boring and awkward way to say it. Zee sounds zippy and zesty! I rather people call it the original Greek zeta, that's a fun zippy and zesty name. Or maybe Zett like German. Maybe just ze with a short e and not a long e? Anything is better then zed. Ugh. It sounds like the z sound was just getting into the grove of things then fell and hit the ground with a thud.

Edited by Kayzee

Mine is a little weird. Mostly because I do not feel like the person I was when I first made it. A few years back (basically 2006 to 2014) I was a very angry and cynical person. There were many reasons for this but I won't bother going over it. Some of my friends even referred to me as "Nihilistic Jay". Overall, I accepted it in good humor and so with that and a HUGE obsession I have with classic Russian Literature, I developed the username Pissedoffovich. Though over time I have learned to let go of a lot of anger and I am generally seen as a much more positive and enthusiastic individual, if not sometimes overtly so! I will still rant and rave at points but it is all in good taste (at least in my opinion lol). I am what one would call a cheerful nihilist now!

I used to be really into Ancient Rome (and still quite am) and Tarquinius Superbus was quite a tyrant back in the day; to the extent that he's the guy where Rome went, 'nah, no more kings for us' and became the Republic that we all knew and loved. Plus I always read his name as 'super bus' rather than 'superb us' which, years onwards, still doesn't fail to bring a smile to my face.

I named a character after ol' Tarquinius in a game I was making forever ago that I should really revisit but probably never will. I don't really know why I used the name as the character wasn't particularly villainous or in a position of power. Since it was an online moniker for the character it seemed obvious that other characters would then contract it to Tarq. Anyways, I liked it a great deal and so now I use it. It has not failed to provide me with a seasonal pun yet!

There's this game called Space Marine... and there's this guy in it called Antioch. Since he was one of like three named characters to not die I stole his name. Also it sounds pretty?

Edit: I can't spell

Edited by Antioch

@lonequeso: It's closer to the latter but this wasn't particularly uncommon behaviour for the culture; a lot of rulers and generals and just general higher-ups had their names disregarded or replaced by what were essentially titles, and often these were bestowed rather than seized. Gaius Octavius is a good example as he eventually became known as 'Imperator Caesar Divi Filius Augustus' to reflect various claims of piety and military strength- nowhere near his birth name!

...and for clarity's sake, it is Superbus. If you're going to be a grammar Nazi at least get it right.

(Hope I'm not necroing. I haven't posted in so long I forgot the necroing rules)

Mine is super lame. When I was 10 or 11 or so, I was watching Chuggaconroy's  lets play of Pokemon Fire Red and he mentioned how cool a "Ghost Arcanine" would be. My mind immediately jumped towards "Darkanine" (in all caps, naturally) and that's been my username on pretty much every platform since then. I've literally been using this username for half of my life at this point and that feels super weird. 

4 hours ago, Darkanine said:

I've literally been using this username for half of my life at this point and that feels super weird. 

Nah. I been using Lord Vectra for about half of my life as well so there is nothing weird about it. I think mine is a bit more weird simply because I have websites and machines (Consoles, for example) that only call me by the first word of my username, so I'm always called Lord. My Xbox says "Welcome back, Lord!" Another says "Hi, Lord." And Steam did that a few times. I would find it humorous if, when you log in, RMC did that XD So I would log on to "Welcome back, Lord." XD I used to laugh a lot when I saw it, but now I'm used to it.I should put "Sexy Vectra" so they can be like "Welcome back, Sexy" LOL